Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Subscriber delivery update
  • Mark

Hopefully the vast majority of subscribers will have received their copies of issue 64 by now. I fully expect that some people will still be waiting. This despite the the confirmed fact that all subscriber copies were collected from our distributor early last monday. The service we pay Royal Mail for states that copies collected will be delivered within 3/4 days. This should have meant all copies arriving by last Thursday. This didn’t happen and I now know why.

Royal Mail collected the magazines from our distributor, Warners Midlands PLC, from their premises in Bourne, Lincs early on Monday morning. At this collection paperwork is exchanged. It transpires that the Royal Mail driver consequently lost the paperwork. Royal Mail called our distributor the following day (Tuesday) to ask for a fax copy of the paperwork. This Warners did immediately. Howere, on Wednesday Royal Mail again contact Warners to say they had not received the fax. It was sent again and the mailing was processed late on Wednesday.

This is of course, totally unacceptable. Subscribers have paid for a service from us that includes receiving the magazine very early in the distribution process. This did not happen with this issue and for that I apologise. I am currently looking into other mail providers as this is just one of several unsatisfactory dealings with Royal Mail.

As and when I have more information on this issue I will provide here.

Dr_Bakes

Thanks for the update Mark. Unfortunate that this should happen so soon after the pre-Christmas delays but I got mine on Saturday and very nice it is too.

Hope you manage to knock a few heads and get a satisfactory conclusion. I, and most others on here I’m sure, appreciate the difficulties you have with distribution and how frustrating it must be once you’ve busted a gut to get the mag finished.

iomnigel
    Free Member

No 64 here in the Sunny isle of man. But I did manage to sneak in a cheeky ride this morning.

fbk
    Free Member

Thanks for the update. Got mine on Saturday – fortunately it’s worth the wait – one of the best issues so far 🙂

swavis

Recieved mine Saturday and very good it is too 😀

project
    Free Member

10 th aniversary issue and its late.

Youve got to laugh when RM fail to recieve a fax and the driver looses the paper work alledgedly.

Thanks for the update, and definately not your fault , but a serious problem that must have took a lot of management time to sort out.

mbs2010
    Free Member

Mine arrived here in Spain Friday !!!

the_lecht_rocks

one of the best issues of them all – well done all and for those without, it’s worth the wait 🙂

orena45

Have to admit I didn’t realise it was that time of the month again! No sign of mine (3rd late month in a row I think) in Cornwall but I’m patient 🙂

mrh86

Still haven’t got mine in Lancaster yet

project
    Free Member

ITS ARRIVED HERE, RIPPED BAG THOUGH.

allthegear
    Free Member

My 1 year old niece live in Bourne and she’s a right little madam at the moment – want me to send her round?? 🙂

Rachel

stevio

arrived in the isle of man today…. hurrah – looks good after a quick flick thru

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Thanks for the update, it is so frustrating when logistics let you down after promised services are agreed.

Good luck finding a solution to this.

Great issue by the way 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

Royal Mail let lots of businesses down – knocking heads together wont change much. They have been scuppered by a unionised workforce who are upderpaid and dont give a F***. It will only get worse.

Other providers is probably the way to go with a penalty clause that pays out for such coc ups.

I got mine on Sat and its a great issue – Happy 10th.

mrh86

Sorry to mention it again, but still haven’t got mine here in Lancaster

dave1980
    Free Member

neither me in Lancaster

orena45

Still nowt in Cornwall either for the record

Speshpaul

Mine arrived on saturday, but it looked fairly mangled.

mrh86

Still no sign here 🙁

PaulMc
    Free Member

Understand the situation, so not complaining. But just so you know, still not arrived here in Runcorn.

Wookster

Hi Have mine a really good one it is! Happy birthday chaps keep up the good work!

postierich
    Free Member

No copy here in Lichfield and no backlogs in our area system!
    Trimix we are not underpaid for the job we do and there are no union issues due to the 2010 agreement!
    Just a case of management running the Royal Mail down due to privatisation ie short term contracts offeered out and not replacing vehicles/kit

Rich

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Round of drinks for Mark for explaining the situation. Mine came late last week, think it was Friday.

keithb

Still waiting for mine here in London – Have emailed STW Towers.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Subscriber delivery update’ is closed to new replies.