Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Subs Price Increase – Why?
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Just wondering that I can no longer switch off ads is part of the ‘new deal’?

You can do this, just go to your username in the top-right and then Premier Account. It’s not to turn all ads off, just to reduce the amount of them. Button looks like this: http://cloud.danielgroves.net/wdPy

Mark

I’ve just had an email saying my subscription will increase by a fiver?

To £35 only. I think I posted a link to the page explaining this. You were on a very cheap and unsustainable old rate of below the current rate of £35. There’s a small number of you that we’ve had to migrate up to the ‘old’ price – if you see what I mean. But no current subscribers will be paying the new rate of £39.99 or £24.99 for pretty much 2 years at least.

http://singletrackworld.com/price-freeze/

wors

Ah okay, only skim read it. £15 previous, s’pose £20 isn’t too bad 😉

Brainflex

From 45 pounds to 60 pounds! Why the huge jump? According to your explanation its print n production costs so surely that should be the same price rise not three times as much.
    It will be a shame to cancel my subscription but damn it’s getting expensive.

Mark

As I explained above, the costs for overseas postage were all over the place and we were making a loss. It costs us £46 to print and post a US subscription. We were making a £1 loss on every one of our 200 US subscriptions simply in terms of production and distribution.

footflaps

Still seems good value to me!

JoeG
    Free Member

It costs us £46 to print and post a US subscription.

😯

wrecker
    Free Member

It’s made me a little regretful for cancelling my auto renew. To be honest I don’t even read the mag but glad to contribute to the upkeep of the forum. What happens if I turn auto renew back on. Old price or new price?

corroded
    Free Member

Personally, I think the new print subscription is a bargain. If I wasn’t based in Oz for the time being I’d sign up. I have zero interest in a digital sub: I spend my day looking at a screen (including STW now and then) so I’m all about print for my downtime!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I dropped to online when I moved over to Oz, then 1 month later went back to print, it’s way cheaper than the local mags and worth reading 🙂 and I get to feel smug about the dusty riding a bit more.

Price is still fair guys, I guess there is no Das_Singletrack.de or DX_Singletrack offering a similar product way cheaper 🙂

aidanoggy
    Free Member

Still worth every penny! And a big thumbs up for IOS App integration.

bikebob

Been reading the forums for ages and was getting the print subs for Xmas. Been away and missed the deadline so now it costs £5 more, bugger, Couldn,t you wait till after Xmas? I’m sure I’ll still subscribe but probably wait till next year. Unless of course you tempt me with the freebie! But what is it?

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Subs Price Increase – Why?’ is closed to new replies.