Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sub-£50 over or on ear headphone recommendations
  • BillOddie

I have some travel coming up and I’d like an upgrade from my in ear buds.

I can’t afford Bose or Beats but can anyone recommend some over or large on ear headphones?

I’ve looked at the Urbanista Seattle, House of Marley Positive Vibration 2 and Mixcder E7.  Anyone used these?

Not bothered about bluetooth, wired is fine.

cheers in advance!

kelron
    Free Member

I have the AKG Y50BT, which are Bluetooth but can be wired. Cost me £55 and seem to go on sale at that price a lot – or the C50 which is identical.

They do get a little uncomfortable to wear for more than a couple of hours at a time but otherwise very happy with them. They definitely sound a lot better than similarly priced in-ears.

DezB
    Free Member

Something by Audio Technica? I have the M50Xs and the sound is amazing, but too pricey for your budget.

I tried AKGs and they were awful, but from what everyone else says, I must’ve had a duff pair.

sbob
    Free Member

I got the wired AKG Y50 for the other half and was very impressed. I paid £50 at Richer sounds though they are currently showing as £70.

ETA: Pair on ebay for £59, brand new in box.

petec
    Free Member

i got a set of these from amazon a couple of years ago

seem good enough to me.

sbob
    Free Member

You could get a Mazda MX-5.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I use the classic Sony MDR V6 but they are no longer available.

These are supposed to be good:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Status-Audio-Closed-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B01BDX1IVW

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Another vote for the Y50s.  Still punching about their weight over a year on.  I mangled the original cable but bought a better quality replacement.  Now I’m almost convinced they actually sound better than ever.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sub-£50 over or on ear headphone recommendations’ is closed to new replies.