Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 223 total)
  • STW Zwift Spring Race Series
  • Premier Icon savoyad

You should hand it round @robbo1234biking from race to race to be worn by current GC leader / sprint leader / points leader or something. Can we get more than one in different colours?

Premier Icon DrP

have fun all… might rewatch Nixie’s stream, but now the sun’s out and teh ground is drying out, I’ll be blasting my 5000 lumen 6pack over the South Downs….

Enjoy the race..I’ll miss it!

DrP

Premier Icon nixie

Can we get more than one in different colours

Sweepers get red I think.

Premier Icon jimdubleyou

I’ve been in some multi-cat rides where each cat has it’s own jersey. That would be handy sometimes 🙂

Premier Icon kirky72
    Free Member

Really frustrated and sorry that I won’t make it tonight. Been walking like a tin man since the first run for ages on Saturday and struggled with a steady plod outdoors yesterday. Can barely walk upstairs and just tried to muster an effort on the turbo and can’t push anything at all.

Gutted as I like this course being able to just about last long enough at big enough watts to power up the leg snapper.

Will try to watch one of the streams.

Premier Icon savoyad

That’s a shame @kirky72. We’ll miss you.
    It’s the time of year for “walking like a tin man since the first run in ages”. I’m planning to get like that in the near future…

Premier Icon fieldy
    Free Member

With some of the FTP’s on here, they could clip in with one leg and still finish ahead of me🤣 good luck all

Premier Icon bails

Given that I woke up in an unusual amount of pain and with a swollen foot the morning after the last race, and couldn’t walk properly for a week, I’m going to cruise around this one so fully expecting to be lapped at least once by the front runners. But if all is ok then I’ll be back ‘on it’ next week.

Premier Icon n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Seems there’s a few of us that will be DNS for tonight, my cold/flu has got worse despite no turbo since 8 days ago, have fun snapping your legs! 😆

Premier Icon nixie

@kirky72 cycling is different muscles. It might actually help 😃.

Premier Icon snotrag

As we’ve moved house, and I’ve no power to the garage yet, I got special permission for indoor Zwifting. I thought it would be nice sat in my fancy new kitchen diner… Its not, it’s bloody boiling!

Premier Icon paino

Not got the Lurgi, what I have got is a very nice bottle of red. Watching.

Premier Icon J-R

Oh no- no invite!

Premier Icon paino

Some numbers on the climb 😣. Martin…are you really 45kg? ZP says so. That’s lighter than my 9 year old.

Premier Icon snotrag

What a race! From J Jordan, Pewsey, Oop North etc we all finished within a second or so on the road.

Whomever A Atkinson is, we both put a massive screw in on lap 2 to catch that break (Chipps went for it!), dragged our group on and then got pummeled by them on the climb! Made it back though, nice work!

Premier Icon funkybaj
    Free Member

Snotrag I was with you guys too, really nice group around 25th.

Actually really enjoyed that. Managed to keep in the group I wanted at the start, makes a huge difference.

Trainer worked ok. Felt strong throughout. And managed a bit of a dash at the end to finish 20th. Probably my best on the road result I think.

Thanks all.

Premier Icon reluctantjumper

That was an awful race for me.

Was ok for the first lap and a half but the second time up the hill caused me to properly blow up and from then on it was a real struggle. No power and couldn’t get above 80rpm on the pedals! Managed to hold onto T.Ward (thanked for the tow, it was needed!) until the next time up the hill then it was just a cruise to the finish.

Will have to figure out why that all happened as I was nicely rested, fed and watered. Guessing I just went to hard and reached my limit. I’ll blame the music choice of Metallica, probably got me too excited. Will have to sort things out for the next round.

Premier Icon welshfarmer

Man that was tough. I saw a HR of 185 on the last climb. That is my highest even when IRL. I was just hanging on most of the time. Whenever I tried to take a turn at the front the pace would drop and everyone would come past again 🙂 Happy enough with 33rd though. Cheers for the company and the motivation to push hard guys and gals. See you at the next one

MM

Premier Icon Straightliner

Thanks to the group from about 20-30, it worked reasonably well together although that hill doesn’t get any easier! Well done to P Liddington for going for the sprint early and taking the best result for the group and thanks to M Jenneson on that last lap for keeping on pulling, I was desperately trying to recover after that hill.

@robbo1234biking – Thank you again for organising. Is the time trial next week on MTBs or TT bikes?

Premier Icon BlobOnAStick

Humf! Lost all Bluetooth connections for a while in the first few hundred meters. When I got them back I was 56th and about half a kilometre behind the next position. Decided to stick around and try for the sprints……

Not the best first-ever Zwift race tbh but I’m properly knackered now.

Premier Icon oopnorth

That was tough…is it me but are these getting harder every week?

I was doing alright by hanging on the group with Chipps and Paul etc but the second snapper got me, I totally messed up my gearing and couldn’t get back onto the group after that. Rode with Atkinson for a bit and then got caught by the group behind, then it was damage limitation.
    Lots of yo-yo until we it the final snapper and I just stuck my head down and went for the top luckily not losing the group. I had nothing left for the sprint.

Great race all, some powerful riders on here…but what happened to the 100w start?? 🤔

Premier Icon bails

Was cruising round, happy just to not be lapped. Tried to take a screenshot and accidentally put my laptop into airplane mode, took a few minutes to get the trainer connected again by which point I’d been passed by the leaders.

Edit: I also lost my chain on the start line and had to get off to unwedge it!

Premier Icon msjhes2
    Free Member

Great race. Good group circa 20 to 30, could almost get away on the leg breaker but they were so fast on the flat.

Premier Icon nixie

Hard work for me this week. Think I got the sprint on lap 2 but couldn’t hold the power up for long after that. The two who went off the front were fast, especially the one who closed a 15s gap first!

Premier Icon snownrock

Thanks all, my first race on zwift. What I heard about the start and the first lap is true then! Need to go harder from the gun next time if I can manage it. I was in the group of 20-30 too, thanks all. Need to work on my race craft though, kept ending up on the front in the last lap after the climb.

Thanks for organising Robbo. Is there anywhere we can send beer tokens?

Premier Icon Oblongbob

Thanks for the tow Crazy Harry! I did try to get on the front but I just couldn’t. Very chuffed with 6th on the road and hopefully third on sprint. Might be my best result ever.

Premier Icon YorkshireRipper
    Free Member

That was brutal, tried going for the sprints but was smoked after the leg snapper. Then made a school boy error going for the last sprint like it was the finish. Good group with everyone pulling, cheers for organising Robbo!

Premier Icon lewisdeacon

That was a really good race, felt a lot better on the climb and ended up with an ftp increase too, I will send that over Robbo

Premier Icon itsonlymelee
    Free Member

@oopnorth isn’t there a quote about bike racing along the lines of it doesn’t ever get easier, you just go faster? Agreed though another tough one.

Had a very brief bluetooth/app drop just after the start so the ‘massive’ power I’d managed to get up to then dropped to 0w for a second or two so what I had left was used to get back to mid-pack. One day I’ll get somewhere nearer the front group even if only after half a lap.

Settled into a small group in the low teens I think which broke from a larger group with W Stevns and A Devine and Chipps joined us. Was pretty relentless. We picked another up on the last lap (S Gough I think) the gap to any group in front was pretty big pretty quickly tho so I was keeping an eye on the group behind which was quite large and not far back at all.

I have no sprint to speak of especially after mashing up that climb every lap so didn’t even give it a proper go. And as such when it came to the end didn’t have enough left to go from as far out as I’d wanted but went with about 8/900m to go and think I caught the group out as I didn’t get caught before the line. Happy with 11th on the road.

Cheers all for the racing and the main man Robbo as usual 🙂

Edit: oh yeah another FTP increase too @robbo1234biking: 249w (whoop?)

Premier Icon Oblongbob

That climb was horrible wasn’t it. Red line all the way up. Luckily managed to hold onto a wheel each time. It’s also cruel having to keep pushing hard over the top too, so you don’t get gapped on the descent when the draft really matters. I really enjoyed it though. Pace was tough for first lap and never really relented much. Thanks for organising again Robbo!

Premier Icon J-R

Rookie error 1.01 for me: I managed to get to 30 seconds to go and realised I couldn’t join – I had forgotten to sign up for it! I won’t make that mistake again. I sounds like you all had he usual dose of extreme type 2 fun.

I jumped on a 6 lap race of the Innsbruckring a few minutes later as punishment for my stupidity.

Premier Icon oopnorth

TT next week…on normal bikes, but having done a taster race a week ago I know how bad that is going to be too! 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Premier Icon neilarn2

That’s was good fun tonight a good group from about 35 – 40 I think we did manage to catch Robbo on the line on the last lap.

Cheers for organising Robbo.

Premier Icon robbo1234biking

Thanks for everyone for taking part tonight and to the new riders taking part.

These are provisional in case I have made any mistakes. Please let me know.

RESULTS SPREADSHEET

Cat A:
    1. padkinson
    2. holwellp
    3. nixie

Cat B:
    1. savoyad
    2. oblongbob
    3. itsonlymelee

Cat C:
    1. snotrag
    2. oopnorth
    3. neilarn2

Cat D:
    1. lewisdeacon
    2. whirld

Overall Race Winner (with handicaps)
    1. snotrag
    2. mjhes
    3. drew

Sprint
    1. nixie
    2. straightliner
    3. oblongbob
    4. WS (Straightliner’s Friend)
    5. Yorkshireripper

Green Jersey Race
    1. nixie (10)
    2. straightliner (4)
    3. oblongbob(4)

Series Top 3 (including sprint/fastest lap points) Best 5 points counts
    1. snotrag
    2. mjhes
    3. drew

If you are new to the series and want to join in more STW Zwift rides then there is a weekly Team Time Trial in which we run currently run 2 teams. All are welcome to join in:

ZWIFT TTT

And there are always more social rides going on which you can track via this thread here:

ZWIFT MEETUPS AND SOCIAL RIDES

Premier Icon padkinson
    Free Member

Cheers guys, enjoyed (?) that!

I guess I must be looking forward to the TT because that’s pretty much what I ended up doing. Peak 2021 HR for 5 seconds up to 30 minutes. Apparently my housemates were knocking on my door asking if I was OK when they heard the sounds I was making.

Phil looks set to absolutely mince me in the TT or any longer climbs.

Premier Icon chipps

Ow! Etc… Felt great as I’d not done any riding since the middle of last week (and had a first aid course all weekend) so was surprised to find myself in the pointy group for a while. However, I wasn’t paying attention and didn’t see the elastic stretching towards the first leg snapper (I don’t Zwift enough to ever know when I’m near the top/bottom of a climb) so I was then suddenly in a chasing group.
    Managed to do OK on the climb, but always got reeled in on the descent while trying to find my lungs on the floor…

And as I have no sprint, nor real competitive spirit, I watched ‘my’ group ride off towards the line while I rode the last couple of km solo.

In other, unrelated, news Singletrack is going to put some prizes up for future races, stay tuned for when I get a minute to organise some!

Premier Icon snownrock

Well done snotrag.

Premier Icon neilarn2

Cheers Robbo can you just check your sheet you have me down as 3rd whereby the sheet lists me above oopnorth unless I’m reading the sheet wrong.

Premier Icon vanilla83
    Free Member

Ouch!! That was hard. My first ever Zwift race.

Thanks for organising Robbo!

Premier Icon oopnorth

Nice one Snotrag!

And Chipps…sounds great, thanks to all of you at STW Towers!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 223 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.