Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 751 total)
  • STW Zwift Spring Race Series
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

as well as losing a few kg, I also need to shrink myself

Cut your self off at the knees. Two birds one stone, job jobbed. Just saying like.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@nixie he’s showing a 10kg advantage on ZP. Averaged 4.8w/kg to your 4.5 ignore that, wrong line!

But he is a wee bit taller than you.

zilog6128

What I’m puzzled by is that Paddy was 0.1s ahead of me however averaged 354W Vs my 336W with a 1kg weight advantage. That doesn’t make sense to me.

what bike are you riding, has he got a faster one? (The TT bikes available at high levels are significantly more aero which is a bit unfair I think!)

robbo1234biking

That’s true Zilog – we are assuming all other things are equal which in reality they aren’t.

funkybaj
    Free Member

Cut your self off at the knees. Two birds one stone, job jobbed. Just saying like.

I like your style, I’ll just fuse some cleats to my stumps … might need to lower the saddle.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

what bike are you riding, has he got a faster one?

Fair point, though I think it’s the other way round in nixie’s case but there’s 16 seconds between the cervelo and the felt vs the basic TT bike on a single lap of tempus fugit. (though only 1.5 between them and the specialized Shiv disc which is available at a much lower level)

nixie

It could be that. I was using the Felt IA which is joint fastest. If he was on the stock bike that would explain it.

zilog6128

(though only 1.5 between them and the specialized Shiv disc which is available at a much lower level)

that is 15 times the time difference in this case though so potentially the deciding factor!!

stumpy01

dangeourbrain

…but there’s 16 seconds between the cervelo and the felt vs the basic TT bike on a single lap of tempus fugit.

….goes to count drop points…..

nixie

I had 6 million drops spare so was a no brainer really.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

More to the point, did you decide on a new real bike?

nixie

No, not yet. I’m as confused as ever. Currently looking closely at a bird aether.

robbo1234biking

Its OK I only found out this morning that I brought the wrong Specialized Venge in Zwift – I asked oopnorth how he got a grey version and then realised that there were two types and it was the S-Works model I should have brought – doh!

freeridenick
    Free Member

Really enjoyed my first TT last night (if thats the right way to describe it)
    Just looking on zwift power. I came 36th and average 3.5w/kg

what numbers are important as my power seemed to be better than some who beat me?

funkybaj
    Free Member

It’s not an exact science but maybe those above you had better bikes, or increased their power on what little inclines there were.

It’s a fair comment though, you put out more average power than Andrew Atkinson, but finished 18s behind despite weighing less and being shorter.

In which case, as per the above posts, who knows.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yep, i must improve my aero form and don the skin suit next time!

drew

710,000 sweat drops well spent!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s a fair comment though, you put out more average power than Andrew Atkinson, but finished 18s behind despite weighing less and being shorter.

There’s one or two results in that list that make no sense. @Itsonlymelee for example should have been waaay up field from where they were looking at the numbers alone. Oddly I remember seeing the list and thinking they’d catch me early on – and the gap was slowly coming down – but then they just dropped off behind me for no obvious reason.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

So how come I’m out the back in the races and I weigh 67kg and 5 foot 6 small!

I need to invest in more power from somewhere me thinks!

mahowlett
    Free Member

Those results only look odd because you are assuming average power is the power that the rider held for the whole race, Aerodynamics law means that you need quadruple the power to go double the speed, so for 2 riders with the same average speed the rider that keeps it even the whole way will end up with a much better time than one with a really peaky output.
    I outperformed by the numbers on the result sheet by quite some margin, but I’ve done a reasonable amount of TT’ing and my splits were within a few watts all the way with a steady and slight rise towards the finish.

Paul-S
    Free Member

@reluctantjumper: Not as suprised as me

Series Top 3 (including sprint/fastest lap points) Best 5 points counts
    1. Paul S
    2. itsonlymelee
    3. drew

I expect a downward transition to happen soon.

P

padkinson
    Free Member

If he was on the stock bike that would explain it.

Stock bike, ENVE climbing wheels (I think). No idea what my Zwift level is, but I don’t think it’s high enough to have unlocked any of the faster TT bikes.

stumpy01

giggsmaster

So how come I’m out the back in the races and I weigh 67kg and 5 foot 6 small!

I need to invest in more power from somewhere me thinks!

Same here! Although I need to lose some weight too.
    Currently 73.6kg and also 5’6. The aim is to get to 70kg and ideally get my average race power up to 225w in the short term. My ftp is supposedly 221w, but in races I generally average 208w or so, so it should be do-able….just can’t seem to manage it!

robbo1234biking

Well here are this weeks handicaps.

Should be an interesting course this week. As it doesnt finish on the summit of Box Hill there is a chance for people to try and make up any lost time on the climb on the descent and the lead in over Tower Bridge!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nvoRrTsoL_1d_ll14MIzNT5sXhdQW3XhFSCzeGX7hko/edit#gid=1698225081

freeridenick
    Free Member

Well living within sight of Boxhill here in sunny Dorking – will it give me any help!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I thought it was the double crit this week – it’s a sign of how much I struggle on London that I’m disappointed it’s not!

Straightliner

@freeridenick – I’m just across in Redhill and it’s absolutely no help at all! 😉

J-R

@freeridenick I find I enjoy Box Hill races because I know the Zigzags so well IRL – but it doesn’t help me to keep up with W00dster, Kirky, Paino, and the rest as they disappear off ahead.

kirky72
    Free Member

Defo 2,3,4 and 11. Having said that I weigh myself naked and ride the bike the same apart from shoes. My neighbours seem to like it.

robbo1234biking

So race day time! Good luck tonight everyone.

My wife is working lates tonight. I will be racing but if I suddenly stop it is probably because my son has fallen out of bed playing with the cat or something!

In the 2nd series the following GoFund Me was set up to support the NSPCC in recognition of the race series. If anyone has enjoyed the series to date (either this one or the 3rd one that I forgot to promote the charity donation for) then feel free to donate.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/races-round-2?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

freeridenick
    Free Member

Just off out on a leg loosener round Box hill on the mtb, will check Road conditions for later !

nixie

Stream for tonight.

retrorick

Cheers Nixie. I’ll try and watch a bit if I get chance. 👍

vanilla83
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted a 48t to my mtb as I was spinning out last week (that’s my excuse anyway). Looking at that hill, I might take it back off ha!

Oblongbob

Definitely #5 on that Zwiftinsider list – I have shrunk from 6’3 to 6’2…still too bloody tall though!

speedstar

Nights again 🙁 Good luck everyone!

paino

Me too, should be able to tune in to Nixies feed though.

welshfarmer

Just hoping my PC doesn’t drop out again on the home straight.

jimdubleyou

Went for an actual ride today, so won’t be racing.

Will be back for the double crit as the weather looks rubbish over the next week 🙂

Good luck all !

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.