Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 581 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022
  • J-R

Robbo, I seem to have incurred an FTP increase: now 255W. Looking forward to Tuesday – sort of.

robbo1234biking

Cheers J-R

** UPDATE **

An update on the broken “Join” button that prevented some Zwifters from joining ZRL races on Tuesday. After a thorough investigation, we learned there was an overload of events that caused bugs. We fixed those server issues to prevent a recurrence in the future.

We wanted to reassure every Zwifter taking part in Zwift Racing League events that this has been resolved. Thanks for your understanding and good luck in Race #2.

CHARLIE ISSENDORF
    Event Director at Zwift

Obviously they meant STW not ZRL but hopefully it will work fine for Tuesday!

dangeourbrain

Obviously they meant STW not ZRL but hopefully it will work fine for Tuesday!

I think you’re wrong robbo and that we’ll get personalised apologies instead of the press release for the great unwashed.

andeh
    Free Member

Thought you all might enjoy this. Airport cargo do NOT like turbo trainers. Had to unpack and run through the x-ray 5 times, then take a swab.

security

dangeourbrain

Everyone knows it’s rollers or a turbo, you can’t expect both at the same time to end well

reluctantjumper

^ Bit harsh on the poor guy, he’s only doing his job 😉

Got a new FTP result today, 197w. Weight is down to 84kg too.

andeh
    Free Member

They were actually great to deal with, proper friendly and helpful. 🙂

DrP

@robbo1234biking

Properly spanked myself on the FTP test this am… doing myself no favours in the standings!
    Power update:
    70kg
    312w

DrP

robbo1234biking

Handicaps are live for Tuesday’s race (taking into account the updates above)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wj8liqQsCZniRGgbnhRASZx73G14bpzfHpWWyuGq1lo/edit#gid=938751648

reluctantjumper

I’ve gone up to a Cat C? How does that work with less power and more weight? Doesn’t matter, I’ll be pounding away at the back anyway 🤣

DrP

😬😵‍💫
    Eek… top o’ the charts for me now..

DrP

robbo1234biking

Prob a mistake from me Neil. I’ll double check before I do the results.

robbo1234biking

Race day! Hopefully no issues tonight.

I am unable to race tonight and there will be a slight delay in the final results until tomorrow evening. Apologies for this but it cant be helped.

Neokyo Double header tonight: Sprinter Playground so 4 lots of Sprint Points up for grabs. The starting pen is right next to the Arcade and Start/Finish line I believe.

“Sprinter’s Playground” Route Details (Makuri Islands)

2nd race is also in Neokyo: Rooftop Renedvous

“Rooftop Rendezvous” Route Details (Makuri Islands)

This gives you two chances to go up the KOM and set a fast time (with wobbly legs!)

I have updated the handicaps for Race 3 slightly to account for the lead in (which I forgot about!). No change in the overall order but just a bit more time for everyone to complete it.

stumpy01

Cheers Robbo!
    Currently looking forward to this, although with a number of caveats (excuses?!)

Firstly, new mesh system set-up last night. Hopefully will run smoothly, but if not I will use phone as wi-fi hotspot.

Secondly, my Wife & daughter have tested +ve for covid. I kinda think it’s a matter of time before I get it as well – still need to do a lat flow test this morning, was -ve yesterday.
    Might not affect me, but will be a good get-out-of-jail excuse for any sub-par performance 🙂

weeksy

Got a few things going on today and with my current training plan i’m not exactly convinced a short Zwift sprint race fits in with my plans…. But it would sure be fun to play on a sprint course with the big boys, so if i can make it tonight i will.

DrP

@stumpy01

I feel your pain.. My bubba (she’s only 7..!) is COVID +ve.. half her class have it.
    The kid’s mum has freaked out and refusing to help/have the kids, so i’ve been panic working from home this week!
    Alas, though I’m -ve, it’ll be a matter of time no doubt! Anyway///not an excuse as feel OK at the mo!

I’m going to TRY to remember how to live stream and put up the youtube link in a bit!

DrP

tomnavman
    Free Member

<excuses>
    After a real ride on Saturday and 2 days of TdZ back to back, tonights races could be interesting!
    </excuses>

See you all on the start line!

stumpy01

DrP

@stumpy01

I feel your pain.. My bubba (she’s only 7..!) is COVID +ve.. half her class have it.

Alas, though I’m -ve, it’ll be a matter of time no doubt! Anyway///not an excuse as feel OK at the mo!

Sounds very similar to our situation, apart from the middle bit.
    My daughter is 6 & apart from a snivelly weekend & a bit of a temperature has bounced back already. Her class FB page was basically a who’s who of Covid victims yesterday morning.
    My Wife seems to be suffering quite a bit more…..cough cough cough…..cough. Cough. Cough cough cough cough cough…….bleurgh. I’m staying away from them as much as I can, but I think it’s inevitable I’ll get it. She reckons she had an hours sleep last night & this morning said that even her fingertips & toes ached! She doesn’t normally do suffering & melodrama, so it must be pretty bad.

Our neighbours’ son has had it twice & both times it has not affected him physically at all – apparently he’s still been going for runs at 6min/mile pace (he is a pretty nifty runner).
    I’m hoping this is how my body reacts to any infection I get!

See you on the start line & perhaps the first 30s of the race!

oopnorth

All the best for tonight everyone! If I get chance I’ll try watch one of the live streams to see how it goes.

DrP

Hopefully this’ll work come this eve!

DrP

DrP

I just tested the first stream, and now it’s gone!!

Use this!

DrP

seriousrikk

Working this evening but I’ll be on for race #1 (and both if I find I don’t need to work after all)

dangeourbrain

So, having not done one of these double header thingies before (least if I did, I think I actually died on race 1) I’ve a few questions…

This evening especially:
    Is it one lap of each?

Double header thingies in general:
    1st Do both races count individually or is it the combination of both, eg if I dnf one of the two does the other count?
    2nd Is the trick to pick one to ruin myself in the hopes of points and use the other as a bit more of a hard warm up/down? (Actually maybe that’s the same as the first?!)
    3rd will it auto join me to the second event out of the first even if I’ve not finished our will it not pull me out of a race. (Given auto join is 5mins before I can see that might actually be a risk)
    4th by 8.45, will I dislike robbo more, less or about the same compared with the same point last week after a single race?

jimdubleyou

@dangeourbrain

1) both count individually – I missed the first of a double header in the last series due to technicals and still got points on second.

2) I’ll be playing to my strengths (such as they are) and going all out* in race 1 in the hope that I can still get round in race 2.

3) Maybe… and make sure you don’t press join when the event pops up otherwise you’ll be kicked out of race 1. This happened to somebody in the last series.

4) about the same 🙂

* post covid, this is very much a relative term…

robbo1234biking

1. 1 lap of sprinters playground and 2 laps of rooftop rendezvous
    2. Go all out for both! No point saving yourself!
    3. You should be done before autojoin will kick in. The join event pop up for the 2nd race will come up as soon as the first race starts but obviously ignore it!
    4. Can’t answer that one!

stumpy01

I can’t stress enough the importance of ignoring that bloody join event button for the second race while smashing yourself round the first race.
    I wish they’d move the button to the right hand side of the screen, rather than put it near the ‘menu’ button.

It’s like when riding and you encounter a stump. You tell yourself ‘avoid the stump – avoid the stump – avoid the stump’ and the next thing you know, you’ve gone OTB after hitting the bloody stump!

Oh, and have fun!

weeksy

I did a crit city race as I’ve got plans with a beer and pizza for 7:30.

I may settle down with a YouTube feed though.

dangeourbrain

stumpy01

It’s like when riding and you encounter a stump. You tell yourself ‘avoid the stump – avoid the stump – avoid the stump’ and the next thing you know, you’ve gone OTB after hitting the bloody stump

And there I was thinking your name referred to diminutive stature!

jmd12
    Free Member

robbo can you add me – updated FTP is 114

stumpy01

jmd12
    Free Member
    robbo can you add me – updated FTP is 114

He’s not racing tonight so I think you might be out of luck…..

dangeourbrain

And there I was thinking your name referred to diminutive stature!

The cheek!
    It’s a reference to my first full sus… A 2001 Stumpjumper fsr.
    But yes, I am a short arse.
    And yes I do crash into trailside scenery quite often.

So take your pick 😂

stumpy01

Joint event button working so hopefully better luck than last week!

richardkennerley

Companion app not syncing again so no chat or power ups for me!

weeksy

Dr P stream doesn’t seem to be working either.

J-R

No join button for me. Even though listed on my events as going

retrorick

Dr.Ps stream is working for me. 👍

weeksy

Awesome win Doc. You deserved that fella.

richardkennerley

I don’t get it, I can give ride on, see who’s zwifting etc, but the bloody app won’t sync to the game!

stcolin
    Free Member

Were you all racing in the TdZ? I signed up for race 3 tonight, cat B. App put me in the short race, cat C. The UI really is utterly utterly useless. I clicked on the race top right of the screen, says ‘Join?’. Then click it again as I assume this is a prompt. It’s not, it’s cycling through A B or C. With a really really small circle around it.

Did the short race and an extra lap to make up 10 miles rather than the 16 miles in the car B race.

oopnorth

Well done all…I managed to catch the second race on DrP’s live stream…even saw him do his little sick onto the sink ar half time…

You guys are fast up that hill, but Savayod…machine! 💪

DrP

Awesome win Doc. You deserved that fella.

Cheers Weeksy!
    Made a daft dash 3k out…. didn’t pay off…. and absolutely rinsed the legs with 400m left to go again… 😝🤢🤮🥵😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🥴

Was fun!

DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 581 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.