• This topic has 580 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 581 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022
  • richardkennerley

Need to crack on in time to watch the new Maxine peak drama with t’other half. Gonna do the next workout from my current plan. See you guys!

bails

Nothing for me either. Will do one of my training plan rides instead.

weeksy

I’m pootling 90min in various watopia at z2 pace

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

See anyone who fancies at the start line for beach loop at 19.40?

jimdubleyou

So many zrl events – that normal?

reluctantjumper

I keep on getting kicked out of Watopia into London for some reason? The 19:40 link isn’t working either.

robbo1234biking

I don’t think any type of meet-up is working. Seems to allow freeride only.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think zwifts Nas maybe wasn’t backed up so events have all been qbit-locked or some such

tomnavman
    Free Member

Meet up not working either. I’m riding with the B pace partner in Watopia

weeksy

You can join watopia and use ride with

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

You coit join watopia and use ride with

Good call

DrP

I’ll be at the start of beach island loop at 1940…

Will pootle… get angry,and leave no doubt!

DrP

jimdubleyou

I’m on the C pace partner ( I know my place) 🙂

reluctantjumper

I can’t even get to Watopia now, got Makuri listed in its place!

retrorick

Everyone can have 50 points minus their handicap if no race takes place 🤔.

Looked busy with 35000 riders roaming the world’s.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So just like an actual race then Ian 😂

jimdubleyou

Maybe they didn’t pay their aws bill 🙂

DrP

I’ve crept up next to Brian!

DrP

Paul-S
    Free Member

I can’t join the B race either, I joined a TdZ and it took ages to join and ages to find the pack so not holding my breath for tonight

☹️☹️☹️

DrP

90 seconds…

Drp

reluctantjumper

Ah well, not your fault robbo! Going to do a training plan instead, hopefully it’ll all be fixed for the next event or when we decide to reschedule this one.

v7fmp

I’m doing C pace partner in watopia.

Otherwise see you fine folk next week!

weeksy

Worst part is, this was the only rave in series I expected to enter

DrP

Just did back island loop in 18.09…314w average 🥵🥵🤪🤘

Should have carried on for another 2 min and upped my ftp back to 300…. 🙈😬

DrP

weeksy

I’m coming that way P

DrP

In the shower now. Please stop before you get here…

DrP

robbo1234biking

OFFICIAL RACE ORGANISERS STATEMENT

Unfortunatley it looks like something went wrong with Zwift tonight. It could be they overloaded the servers with ZRL, TdZ and STW but it is also possible that 14 hamsters in Zwift HQ fell of their wheels. As Race Director I definitley did not change the safety car rules at the last minute after it looked like Savoyad was going to beat me!

So anyway I have sent 14 STW hamsters and Drac’s iPad over to California so hopefully will be sorted for next week.

This race will be voided. I can re-run it the week after La Reine (which works out as half term for most of the country) but wouldnt count any points for this – just bragging rights!

Hopefully back again with no issues for the double header next week. Fingers crossed!

Straightliner

Thanks Robbo. I think your statement pretty much sums it up! 😜

richardkennerley

Cheers Robbo. According to Strava, my neighbour did the TDF event at 7pm so it must’ve gone to sh!t shortly after that!

paino

Managed to join a ZHR Masters race at the same time as the STW start. No idea why one worked and the other didn’t. It was pretty brutal, C’s and D’s in the front group pushing some massive numbers. Lost the lead group after 30 seconds. Oh well, good effort anyway Robbo. Till next time!

J-R

In retrospect I was very lucky with the race voided. 15mins after our start time my laptop died from 0% battery!

Turns out I’d forgotten to plug it back in when I moved it over the weekend.

So if Zwift was working properly, that would have been me out of the race. So dark cloud for thousands of Zwifters was a silver lining for me.

seriousrikk

Thanks Robbo. I spent 15 minutes howling at the ipad because I thought I’d done something wrong (first ever race you see) then realised there were many grumpy zwifters in watopia tonight.

Still, had an hour spare so used it. At the very least I’ve now proved I can do an hour on the trainer

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that was a shame! See you all next week for hopefully round 2[1]

stumpy01

Ha! Well that was funny!
    Had a WiFi cock-up so legged it inside to reset the extender.
    Then no join button so restarted Zwift, removed meet-up, re-added from original link.
    No meet-up.
    Restarted Zwift 3 times. No joy.

Legged it inside to grab laptop. Come on….come on! Time ticking…..none of my devices would connect…..bugger not plugged in the dongle.

Missed the start, but looks like it was a non-starter anyway.
    I did a relatively hard ride for 30 mins then called it a day.

Better luck next week! Starting on a double header 🤣

nixie

Such a frustrating evening. ZRL was stuffed up as well. Ah well, managed some TTT practice in a meetup instead.

weeksy

@nixie, i saw you catching me heading back towards town…. i thought “i may jump on with him”… then you and the lads came past me showing 4.9w/kg… i let you go 🙂

Was a shame the race didn’t happen though, i was looking forward to it.

As i stated earlier, it’s likely it will have been my only one of the series, i’ve got an event coming up and racing doesn’t really fit in for me at the moment in terms of killing my legs, slow and steady wins the day is more where i am currently.

I’ll be watching the results with interest though.

v7fmp

i wish i had the option to ‘let people go’ that are riding at 4.9w/kg….. the reality is i wouldnt be able to keep up!! 😀

Last night was very disappointing, but such is life. Will be looking forward next weeks double header!

weeksy

i wish i had the option to ‘let people go’ that are riding at 4.9w/kg….. the reality is i wouldnt be able to keep up!!

it wouldn’t have been for long if i had…. hence me letting him go 🙂

robbo1234biking

This was posted on WTRL’s website. Nothing from Zwift themselves that I can see (even an acknowledgment of the issue in the forum). I am hoping that it is resolved for next week but the same amount of events will be occuring at the same time on a Tuesday. The ZRL is a real beast with the amount of events that they have running.

Unfortunately the issues were outside of WTRL’s control and we completely empathize with the frustrations felt. With the new Zwift Clubs event feature, Meetups, Zwift Racing League, Tour de Zwift and regular events all trying to take place at the same time, an overload occurred. Zwift are currently working to find a solution to resolve this.

nixie

@weeksy, interesting that you could see us. There were 5 of us in a meetup practicing TTT technique (so at least some good came from the evening). The meetup was setup so we could only see ourselves. It’s odd that groups doing this still show in the main world. But yeah we were still pushing.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022’ is closed to new replies.