• This topic has 580 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 581 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

same here!
    75kgs
    235 FTP.
    cheers

phil56

I’m currently mid covid, but still hoping to join tomorrow if my chest clears a little.
    No doubt my FTP will be down after Xmas anyway, but there’s no chance I could manage an FTP test currently – are you Ok to just roll my previous numbers forward Robbo?

andeh

Things are a bit of a mess here for the move so I don’t think I’m in until the 3rd or 4th race 😟

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robbo1234biking

Phil – no problem I will use what i have for you.

robbo1234biking

Ok here are the handicaps for tomorrow evening.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wj8liqQsCZniRGgbnhRASZx73G14bpzfHpWWyuGq1lo/edit#gid=667911739

Hopefully the link works OK!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Now if I can only remember that I’m currently much heavier and terribly unfit tomorrow instead of chasing the front off the line I might do okay.

In practice I forecast I’ll forget, explode out of the pen in an attempt to gap everyone and then die a terrible death very shortly there after.

So not much change from when I was on form really 🤣

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Can we all just agree to ease off a little tomorrow night? 🙂 I’m 3 weeks post-Covid and only now feeling anywhere near being able to race. Power will be down so it’ll be a case of suck it and see. Maybe a change of tactics this series….

weeksy

It’ll be interesting for sure. Knowing Zwift racing at the moment I expect a fast B to take it on handicap, with a couple of C’s top 5.

I’m actually going with Robbo for the win post handicap as I can’t see the As gapping him

Edit. I’ve just seen his handicap!

Southside Johnny then!

retrorick

Southside Johnny then!

Good call Weeksy, I think you might be right!

jimdubleyou

Can we all just agree to ease off a little tomorrow night? 🙂 I’m 3 weeks post-Covid and only now feeling anywhere near being able to race. Power will be down so it’ll be a case of suck it and see. Maybe a change of tactics this series….

I’m the same – did a ride at the weekend, still got the diesel, no turbo 🙁

Ogg

@robbo1234biking as per always I missed the thread – sign me up too please 86kg/259w (I should re-test at some point!)

The-Badger
    Free Member

If not too late, could I join please Robbo ?
    100kg
    FTP 260
    zwiftname .flyingbadger

robbo1234biking

@ogg @The-Badger you should have the links now and handicap spreadsheet (linked earlier) updated with your info

donnersrider
    Free Member

Hi Robbo sorry late to the party been ill over crimbo so wasn’t sure

Chris Donnelly6065
    FTP 311 I think
    72kg

Let me know if you need anything else

Cheers

v7fmp

looks like good numbers tonight!

should be a good un!

robbo1234biking

“Beach Island Loop” Route Details (Watopia)

Tonight’s course is Beach Island Loop. There is one set of sprint points available for tonight (although you get two chances over the sprint). Its basically flat but there are a few small gradients that could catch you out if you aren’t paying attention. Just two laps so the race will be fairly short. Good luck everyone!

Straightliner

Looking forward to it (in a pre-emptive leg burner sort of way). Thanks Robbo for sorting out all the handicaps once again and good luck everyone.

kirky72
    Free Member

Hi Robbo
    I can’t make tonight and will no doubt be lucky to catch more than 3 races. However could you send me the links.

Don’t worry about handicap or points I’ll just take part and see where I come on the road if that’s okay.

FTP is well down but don’t know where and weight is edging back up.

savoyad

As well as @j-R I think @andeh is a good pick this evening as well.

Good luck all, nice to be be back racing together. And thanks @robbo1234biking for once again getting us to the start line.

DrP

Will see ya all there…. Legs and back remain cooked following the Brass Monkey race at the weekend, so hopefully there won’t be too many moments of pain!!!!

Apart from of course, the start, the sprints, the short climb to the Italian villas, and the tunnel sections….

DrP

J-R

With that weight of unwarranted expectations on my shoulders, I’ll blow up on the first short climb.

Good luck everyone and thanks again to Robbo for the organisation.

PS Great to see @kirky72 is back.

andeh

As well as @j-R I think @andeh is a good pick this evening as well.

@savoyad
    Awww schucks, sadly my bike and turbo are all packed up in boxes! Also, suspect FTP has probably dropped pretty significantly over Christmas and covid. I’ll hopefully see you all week 3.

savoyad

That’s a shame @andeh I thought you were riding this week, moving next, reappearing week 3. Hope the move goes well.

ahote

Following breaking my ribs on the eve of the last series I’ve now hurt the tendons in my bloody ankle and am under orders to rest it so will have to miss tonight’s race 🙁

Good luck to everyone who’s racing – it looks like a fast, fun course! Hopefully be back to make up numbers next week…

weeksy

It’s going to be proper interesting to see the breaks/splits. Even from a small play with Robbo/Nixie a few weeks back i know if they kick then i’m history….. however, there’s always the power of the blob to consider, it’s properly hard to escape a maruading blob if there’s not a massive difference in pace…. so the A/Bs could end up wiping themselves out trying to split it….

Or they could end up killing off all the B/Cs by the same thing 😀

I know my tactics for the night…. i’ll race this race as i do all mixed races, as hard as i can, right up until i cannot 🙂 I don’t really do tactics other than that in races… hard and hard….

Straightliner

What are these “tactics” things you speak of? Small mints? 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yep, he’s shaking his tactics at you.

stumpy01

The only tactic I tend to have is go hard from the start & try to hang with ‘the group’ as long as I can.
    I then hope that splinter groups are forming & I can slot into one that I think I can hang with/harass.

The worst thing is being in no-mans land too far behind a group to catch, but too far in front of the next group down the road to bother slowing up for them.

That reminds me – still need to update my Zwift weight – don’t forget to update it people – and charge my e-bike battery….

Paul-S
    Free Member

Zwift weight: Well reminded, do you need to do it anywhere else, thinking ZwiftPower etc?

P.

robbo1234biking

No ZP pulls the data from Zwift I believe so jut update in Zwift

Dont do a Dangeourbrain and pretend you weight the same as your wife for a Bologna TT!

stumpy01

robbo1234biking

Dont do a Dangeourbrain and pretend you weight the same as your wife for a Bologna TT!

Especially if your Wife is a Bulgarian shot putter! Not that mine is, I was erm….just….it was a joke….whoops.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind but even at my actual weight that would have been a damn good run on that. Think I remember seeing the average power and being chuffed.
    Then I saw it worked out at closing on 6w/kg average and realised something was up 🤣.

Especially if your Wife is a Bulgarian shot putter! Not that mine is, I was erm….just….it was a joke….whoops.

Well I guess that’s stumpy out of the rest of the series(es) whilst he “sorts out” the base for a new patio.

nixie

It’s going to be proper interesting to see the breaks/splits. Even from a small play with Robbo/Nixie a few weeks back i know if they kick then i’m history

Your safe from me. I’m going to be getting a proper kicking here (4 sprints then a KOM!); https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=2566811

snotrag

Minor panic just now with no event showing… But I’d not clicked Robbos links!

Reckon I’ve got a couple of nervous wees to go yet!

nixie

Hope you all have a good race.

v7fmp

I don’t seem to have a join event button my screen?

But on the companion app it’s says my event starts in 22 mins.

How do I join if I don’t have the button??

drew

Same here

funkybaj
    Free Member

Same :-/ normally I can join 30 mins early I thought.

DrP

Give it the last 10 minutes.. think it’s cos its NOT a meetup, but an event.
    I’ve no join either…

Good luck @nixie in the big leagues….

DrP

msjhes2
    Free Member

any one else having trouble joining? on Zwift fine but the invite to join event had not come up and have tried logging in and out? normally comes up a good 20 mins before.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022’ is closed to new replies.