• This topic has 580 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 581 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022
  • robbo1234biking

Ive sent links to everyone who has signed up so far!

vanilla83
    Free Member

I’m in! No changes

Thanks 🙂

andeh

Wait a minute, I’ve only just properly clocked race 6, you trying to kill us?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    robbo1234biking

It’s only 16km and 550m of climbing so about half of the alpe. You go up the petit KOM first so get a timed segment the. Just have to hold on for another 4km!

If you want to get the route badge it is another 6.8km after the finish line.

mossimus
    Free Member

Sign me up please.
    84Kg
    251W according to todays ramp test

andeh

It’s only 16km

Ahhhh, I thought it was up to the challet. Not quite so bad

crossed

Is anyone using an Apple TV with Zwift?
    Is it my good?
    I’m thinking about getting one for the TV in the garage rather than taking my laptop back next forth. Means I can also leave it at work rather than dragging it home if I’m planning on going on the turbo.

cameronl
    Free Member

I’d like to give this a shot.
    65 Kg
    239 W

Cheers!

kraken2345
    Free Member

Just completed my 1st ramp test, it went ok but now I know how it works I’ll definitely be doing another one at some point. Weight 90kg, FTP 305.

richardkennerley

Is anyone using an Apple TV with Zwift?
    Is it my good?

Yep, Apple TV 4k here (refurbished one from eBay)

It works fine, dead easy to set up etc and runs nice and quick. Looks decent on a 42″ Tele. I believe a Windows PC version might look better, but it’s good enough for me.

Only problems I have with it are the Apple TV remote is a PIA but I can put up with it. And whenever zwift needs updating, I have to delete it and reinstall. Bit of a pain but again, I can cope. I suspect I’m doing something wrong there and it should update properly.

iamtheresurrection

I’ve just stumbled across this. Stupidly expensive for what it is but neatly solves a problem for holding your phone without adding or changing the case, or sticking something bulky to your phone – assuming you already have a Garmin mount on your bike…

No doubt been covered in a different thread somewhere but they are new to me…

seriousrikk

Having literally just set up my old 26″ bike on a smart trainer to try and get better, consider me interested. I’ll sign up to Zwift and see what I need to do to get FTP… (I’m that much of a noob)

bails

“I’ll sign up to Zwift and see what I need to do to get FTP…”

You can get a 7 day free trial of zwift. When you’re in it you’ll be able to pick a workout and a couple of those are FTP tests.

jimdubleyou

@iamtheresurrection – you can get a universal Garmin mount, basically just a flat plate for a few quid on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/363662897552?mkevt=1&mkcid=16&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&media=GMAIL&sojTags=media%3Dmedia

Either stick it to an old case or get a cheapie.

iamtheresurrection

Either stick it to an old case or get a cheapie.

Thanks 🙂 It’s what I do now, but I’m so lazy I CBA to keep changing cases. I know…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just got a new laptop, new (to me) flatscreen, and new (to me) trainer. So I’m in.

Working away though so I’ve not entirely figured out how I’m going to zwift from a hotel.

And the new trainer has given me a depressingly low FTP of 185W in Zwift 😯 (93.7kg) …… tell me about this handicap system, and will there be a wooden spoon?

v7fmp

count me in as always robbo!

FTP and weight should be the same as last time, so put me down for that.

But i will do an FTP test before the start to confirm!

Looking forward to it 😀

lewisdeacon

Can you also add me please Robbo – will attend what I can given its my club ride night

zilog6128

I’ve just stumbled across this. Stupidly expensive for what it is but neatly solves a problem for holding your phone without adding or changing the case, or sticking something bulky to your phone – assuming you already have a Garmin mount on your bike…

I 3d printed something similar, which clips into the Garmin mount on my road bike and holds an Apple Magsafe charger – so it holds the phone magnetically (fine on the turbo, probably not so much on the road 😃) and has the bonus of charging it as well!

zilog6128

also, I’m in! same stats as last time which is not great (but at least haven’t got worse 🤣)

drew

Count me in as well please. The good news is my ftp has gone up to 252 according to my latest half monty test but the bad news is I’ve managed to put on 2kg over the festive period so I’m now 75kg give or take. I’d like to think it’s because my thighs now resemble Chris Hoy’s but my waistband suggests otherwise.
    I’m into the second week of a month long TrainerRoad free trial so hopefully can slot the Tuesday race in either as an extra workout or alternative to the scheduled one.

munkeymadness
    Free Member

Hi Robbo, please sign me up Not done much indoor riding recently so not sure of FTP, but happy to go with what you have in file for me. Same for weight. thanks

DrP

Go on then.. ping me an invite please!
    weight 70kg
    FTP 285

DrP

RE phone mounts – i’ve a garmin 1/4 turn mount stuck to the back of my phone case. Projects 76 do similar.
    It’s great, as keeps the phone in the perfect position…

DrP

stumpy01

@robbo1234biking….

Just done FTP test – 240w
    Weight gone up a bit too…74.5kg

Looking forward to getting back on it!

robbo1234biking

Thanks everyone – you should all have the links now. Let me know your weight and FTP if you havent already!

I’m keen, definitely need to get back on it. Will send an updated FTP and weight asap.

v7fmp

are most folk doing the ramp FTP test? Or the full hour jobby?

I might treat myself to a test tonight…… 🙁

BlobOnAStick

I dropped you a PM Robbo, can I join in please? Sorry I’m late……

robbo1234biking

You aren’t late and of course you can join. Got your PM. Will sort out links later.

stumpy01

@v7fmp – I go for the ramp test. I feel like it over-estimates a bit, but I figure if I use the same test repeatedly it should at least be consistent.

I have done the 20 min test in the past but found it really hard to pace.

v7fmp

cheers @stumpy01 . i usually do the ramp test, so will continue to do so. Good stuff!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I might treat myself to a test tonight…… 🙁

@v7fmp I did elite’s full hour one this time round, it was not my best result but mainly down to my inability to pace it well.

That being said that’s probably a fair reflection of a big part of my FTP drop being down to forgetting how to suffer rather than a pure loss of fitness. (Obviously there’s plenty of cake and pie related loss but it isn’t *just* that)

DrP

I do the full FTP… warm up, then 20min flat out…

I get the bit about finding pacing hard… so if you’ve done a ramp test, that’s a ballpark to aim for..
    I.e ramp says ftp is 100.. so you know for a 20 min ftp you should aim to average about 110 watts… or if you want to push it, aim for 120 watts….

I think if you aimed for 180 watts or jus didn’t know what to aim for, then pacing would be real hard..

(100 watts is just example)

DrP

v7fmp

So did a ramp test…

Got good news and bad.

Good news is I have lost a tiny bit of weight and am now 80kgs.

Bad news is my ftp is up to 277.

There goes my top 5 finishes 🙁

robbo1234biking

Any final entries? Also let me know your weight and ftp if you haven’t already!

marra

If it’s not to late to join in.
    FTP 239
    Weight 80kg

paino

Not shifted the extra bulk. Weight 82kg, 308W

reluctantjumper

Have gone up a bit in weight, now 84.5kg so up to you whether you round up or down! Haven’t done a new FTP test so just take the previous number, it was really low anyway so I can’t she dropped much lower 🤣

retrorick

I think my ftp was 270? I’m no better than last series anyway.
    Weight 76kg. I need to update my weight in zwift itself when I next power it up.
    Going to miss the the first 2 races though, hopefully back for the 3rd.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Christmas training plan went well , FTP down and weight up 🍰🍕🍰🍕 to blame.

FTP 223
    Weight 70kgs

See you Tuesday 👍

P.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022’ is closed to new replies.