• This topic has 580 replies, 64 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by v7fmp.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 581 total)
  • STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022
  • robbo1234biking

Posting this now in the hope that some of you might be drunk enough later to think this is a good idea! Feels like a long time since the last series ended!

If you want to take part then post up on this thread or message me. Let me know your FTP and weight as well so I can calculate the handicap.

Each Race series is made up of the 4 traditional categories but with a bit of a twist to give everyone a chance to compete.

1. The main handicap race – as per previous events a handicap will be applied to your finish time based on your weight and FTP and the entire group is sorted by race time plus handicap and points distributed accordingly. This is based on the best of 5 races points from the 6 races (all sprint points count towards this total).

2. The sprint jersey – Sprint points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a sprint section (10,6,4,2,1 points) or the fastest lap time on circuit race. The points are awarded on each sprint section on a race but only for the fastest time across that section during the whole race (i.e you may get a couple of chances to get a good time).

3. The KOM jersey – Points are awarded for the Top 5 finishers on a KOM section (10,6,4,2,1 points).

4. The GC race – This is based on the shortest time to complete all 6 stages and is sorted by traditional Zwift cat. The zwift cat is determined on the weight and FTP that you supply me so may not match your ZP cat as that takes historical data into account.

5. The combined jersey – the highest total score for sprints and KOM combined.

OK so here are the courses for the Winter Series of the STW Racing League.

No restrictions on bikes on this series so choose what suits you or the course.

Note: If you want to be included in the Green Jersey or KOM points race scoring you need to be registered on Zwift Power as this is where I will pull the data from. You are still welcome to take part on the rest of the series if you dont register on Zwift Power

11th Jan – 19:30 – Beach Island Loop (2 Laps) – 26km
    Something fairly gentle and flat to get us started and start to burn of the mince pies.

18th Jan – Neokyo Double Header
    Race 1 19:30 – Sprinter Playgrgound – Flat but 4 sprints to attack and get points
    Race 2: 20:00 – Rooftop Rendevous – 2 laps – 2 times up the small Neokyo KOM

25th Jan – 19:30 – Greater London Loop Reverse – 21km
    This goes over the top of Fox Hill early before descneding for a fast and flat finish

1st Feb – 19:30 – Watopias Waistband – 28km
    A little longer but flat and fast

8th Feb – 19:30 – UCI Worlds Harrogate – 28km
    A tough two laps of the Worlds Course – very lumpy!

15th Feb – 19:30 La Reine (16km)
    Dont panic – it doesnt go all the way up – only to the 16km mark but a tough stage to finish on with 575m of relentless climbing. If you get this far and havent got the La Reine route badge then this is your chance!

So sign up and join in!

andeh

I’m in, however, will almost definitely miss the 2nd race as I’ll (hopefully) have landed permanently in Vancouver the day before, and probably won’t have the trainer by then. Lunch time races from that point onwards!

Think I’ll have to update ftp and weight closer the time as I’m basically a giant mince pie with covid, at this point.

neilarn2

Cheers Robbo count me in no change to ftp or weight

weeksy

Aye, let’s do it.

FTP 260
    Weight 90kg.

ahote

I’m in. FTP is 228 and weight is 68.something kg… I’ll weigh properly when I can.

iamtheresurrection

I’ve just done my first ride since the 8th. Off the bike with soft tissue damage to my shin, unbelievable how long it’s taking to heal.

None of you will care one not about that, I’m just getting excuses in early. I’m in. I think I’ll need to bring down the FTP – about 260 I reckon. Weight 86.

Uurrgghh.

Craig

karnali
    Free Member

Yes please, no changes to FTP or weight, amazingly

Paul-S
    Free Member

I’m in, will do an FTP and let you know if anything hsa changed.

P.

msjhes2
    Free Member

I am in

funkybaj
    Free Member

In. I’ve failed badly with attendance at the recent series. Fingers crossed I can get back on it with the one!

Ftp is down, weight is up 🙁

retrorick

I’m in. Shifts permitting. 🤔
    Weight: tbc 😲
    FTP: 0.27Kw 🤔

unclezaskar
    Free Member

great stuff – need an incentive to kick start some race fitness in 2022

FTP and weight still as before (210w / 83kg)

see you all on the start line

freeridenick
    Free Member

Yes please. will miss a few no doubt! can I give you my weight in a week…??!

reluctantjumper

I’m in, especially as the races look shorter this time around!!

feed

Me please, weight and ftp as they were. Thanks

J-R

Me too please Robbo. Weight/FTP to follow.

nixie

I think ZRL is going to count me out for almost all the races. Don’t do handicaps for me please and if I can make an event I’ll request one then.

kraken2345
    Free Member

I’ve only just got a smart trainer, which ftp test is everyone using to test? I’ve seen there’s a few different options with the ramp test etc

retrorick

only just got a smart trainer

Just go and do a race on zwift, or a hard ride for 30 minutes (after a warm up) and your FTP should appear/update at the end.

I hope you are really tall and have eaten lots of Xmas food 😉🤪

nixie

@kraken2345 ramp test is hard enough. The full FTP test is unnecessary torture.

hockropper

I’m in, FTP of 179 and 113.3kg. Really need to do something about the weight!!!!

paino

In, just to give @savoyad some competition in the points 😉. Just looking at my shifts, reckon I can make 3 of them….looks like I can only make the flat ones though 😂
    I’ll let you know my weight in a couple of weeks when I’ve shifted the pies.

kraken2345
    Free Member

Okay great, I’ve only done free rides up until now (helping towards the festive 500 once I got covid) and have seen a 300 number on the screen after finishing routes but will have to see what this is actually referring to. Ramp test it is.

richardkennerley

I’m in, although there’ll definitely be one I can’t make because of work.

Will keep previous FTP and weight for now, 242 and 67kg. Will try to update that though, I reckon my FTP had dropped for sure over the last few weeks

yanboss

Happy new year! Yes please. Given mini-me #2 is due to arrive around week 2 I’m pretty sure I wont make them all or will fall asleep part way through the ones I do.. but lets pretend for now that my life isn’t about to be turned upside down once again 🙂

Oblongbob

Count me in. Hopefully I’ll be able to make more than the solitary one I could do in the last series! No change to stats.

jamesoz

I’d love to join but my FTP will be around half what it was and Weight around 100kg. Everyone will have gone home by the time o finish.

Oh and happy new year.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in (all being well) though I imagine someone will insist on a Tuesday meeting for the village hall at done point in there so I’ll have to miss one.

I’ll confirm a weight and FTP in due course, I expect that, by significant percentages, one will be up and one down on last time!

phil56

Yes please Robbo, look forward to the ones I can make

stumpy01

Stick me down please, Robbo!

I’ll need to update my stats once I have stood on some scales and done an ftp test!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’ll join again please robbo.

68kg
    199 FTP

jimdubleyou

Oh, go on then 🙂

I’ll do a ramp test and see where 4 weeks of inactivity has got me & let you know Robbo

tomnavman
    Free Member

Yes please! Will have to update you on weight FTP nearer the time as I’ve not done anything for a month with the dreaded chest infection that’s been doing the rounds

bails

Hi Robbo, count me in again

228 watts, 70kg

crossed

I’m up for this, should be able to make all of them apart from one.
    I’ll try and get an FTP test done this week and PM you the numbers.

Straightliner

Yes please and will check numbers this week.

reluctantjumper

I’d love to join but my FTP will be around half what it was and Weight around 100kg. Everyone will have gone home by the time o finish.

That was me last series (and most likely again this one), don’t let it put you off! Actually, if we get enough of a group of slower riders it’ll make things more fun at the back. Racing each other at half the speed of the leaders is still racing.

snotrag

I’m in again please!

Knee has healed up pretty well, so ready to go. Got a lot of Christmas to burn off though…

Stats to follow!

jamesoz

Looks like my pelvis breaks/damage are well healed, managed a 15mile Zwift, FTP around a third down at 200w ish I’d say. Tempted to join, I’ll probably not be able to sprint but might be able to prop up the tail end.

snotrag

Tested this morning Robbo – FTP 217, weight 82kg!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Racing League – Winter 2022’ is closed to new replies.