Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • svladcjelli
    Free Member

That’s fab news! Can I sign up to the remaining races please Mr Robbo? I was signed up to series 1 so we already follow each other. I really need to find out how to reset my Zwift power and do the ramp test as have had a bit of an enforced lay-off that has lost me both a bit of kgs and a lot amount of watts since then. May as well use the existing deets as I’ll be in no way challenging the mid-pack.

Steve Ross STW
    80kg, 253 w

robbo1234biking

svladcjelli – links sent! Will add you to the spreadsheet

robbo1234biking

Link below for Tuesday’s handicaps. Handicaps still apply the same we should just be able to start and finish better now! Start as per normal zwift event or race (pedal like mad 5 seconds before the end hit 800w and stop for a breather 30 seconds in!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iTgJtFVOo3QzWHBY8iS-D2s2a52AB3awdMBMRtyWpNM/edit#gid=1549909445

If Steve C is active on this thread can you send me a message please with FTP and WEight for the handicap race. I havent been able to tie up a forum name to the Zwift user!

robbo1234biking

There is a small update available for Zwift – only took 10 seconds in my computer but may be worth logging in early just in case.

https://zwiftinsider.com/update-1-0-58982/

A new bike available although doesn’t sound that great!

Figure of 8 tonight – I really like this course a for a race – you don’t want to lose the wheel going over the hills! One of the sprint sections is 400m long as well so don’t peak to early on them!

weeksy

Good luck fellas !!!

nixie

My favourite course. Can’t wait 😃.

scaredypants

mornin’ all

road bikes, right ? Not MTB

nixie

Definitely road.

robbo1234biking

Yeh everything for the last 3 races of this series is as per usual apart from starting from the Pens.

Its the next series where we will look at the MTB options (Winter Series!) post Christmas.

v7fmp

sweet. Will see you gents on the starting line later!

nixie

Tonights streaming link; https://youtu.be/9yOtJQszo5U

DrP

Also, I shall be you tube streaming with rider video….!
    Sexy cyclists in lycra….

DrP

nixie

Rider video is something I keep meaning to add. Really want it seemless though but don’t want a green screen.

Would be interesting to see if combination streams are possible.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Can you stream you streaming his zwift whilst he streams yours or is crossing the streams still dangerous?

funkybaj
    Free Member

I’m new to Zwift and only have a dumb trainer without interactivity … is this something I can still participate in at all? I’ve not attempted to join a race or group ride previously.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Most of us do just fine with a dumb rider and minimal interaction so I’m sure you’ll be fine with a dumb trainer, you might find that if you turn out to be quite good though we all blame being beaten on the zwift power thingy.

Robbo will be along shortly though to give an official answer and send you the links etc for joining in.

robbo1234biking

@funkybaj no problem to join. I have sent you a DM with the details. If you could send me over your FTP and weight then I can work out your handicap. Cheers

DrP

Link fail… hmm…

Right…

This is my you-tube link:
    Clicky here….

DrP

tlr

Fantastic effort all round Robbo, very impressive to have been noticed by Zwift overlords.

I’m not sure I will get to do many more or these; the timing is pretty bad for me and my normal road riding group has organised a more palatable 6pm regular Tuesday race now, so I can get beaten by people I actually know rather than imaginary friends.

I’ll certainly keep an eye out for the next series and see if the day or time changes, it was good fun.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@tlr just in case you hadn’t, sign up anyway – numbers are important if the being noticed is to continue.

tlr

Good idea, I’ve signed up.

crazyharry
    Free Member

Hi @robbo1234biking – don’t seem to have a Zwift invite for today’s race. Would like to take part of possible and it is not too late.

robbo1234biking

@crazyharry check your inbox on STw. Should be a message from me with the links to the last 3 races. There is an envelope next to the burger icon or your profile button.

nixie

If on mobile you may need to expand the burger.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking – has there been any discussion with Zwift about your handicapping system?

It’d be interesting to know if they’re interested in the “house rules” that people are coming up with to make racing more competitive within their own groups.

crazyharry
    Free Member

Cheers guys… Apologies being an idiot and not been keeping up to date on the most recent exciting developments. A proper Zwift race… That’s amazing. Next step is getting our own exclusive jersey!

kirky72
    Free Member

I got a little carried away yesterday and put some bigger efforts I’m than I planned on my local 47 miler through the trough of bowland.

Feeling like I’m going to struggle when needing a big dig tonight so not expecting much.

robbo1234biking

@ivandobski no although Mark did send them a link to the article he wrote explaining the series format.

scaredypants

Robbo/everyone – how would you feel if a (member but not-even-lurker) mate of mine wanted to join in? (not sure about when, i.e. tonight or another week but he’s looking to start racing)
    (I assume I could forward him “my” link unless they’re all one-offs)

Haven’t invited him yet, so no “pressure” at all

robbo1234biking

That’s fine scaredypants!

DrP

@nixie

I’ve set up the scheduled stream time via you tube… and as I’m in the turbo warming up I’ve commenced the streaming software on the laptop.
    I thought YouTube would ‘wait’ until my scheduled time, but its just streaming live on my you tube channel… hmm….

Will it swap across on the scheduled time??

DrP

nixie

@DrP your link above is still showing as starts in 13 minutes. When I do it the software connects to YouTube and in YouTube studio you can see the feed. But it doesn’t broadcast out from there till I hit ‘go live’. There is and auto go live option but I don’t know how to activate it. The option is there for me but disabled.

DrP

Nah.. can’t get scheduled working, so here’s my current live stream link..

Third time lucky!

DrP

Burger

First km was lovely. Managed to catch the lead group. No intention or expectation of staying there, but the choice was made for me. Total ant+ fail – trainer and hrm – and nothing would revive it. Two Zwift restarts before it was going again. Hey ho. Solo ride to see if I can hit level 30 now.

weeksy

Good stream Nixie and great win

funkybaj
    Free Member

Jesus!

First ever Zwift race for me. Had no idea the start went quite like that!

Pedalled like a nutter to catch a group. Hung on and finished 30th I think.

Enjoyed that. Thanks all.

nixie

Thanks weeksy. Happy with that, apart from the first sprint where I was nowhere trying to avoid towing Phil. My legs were feeling quite dead after holding split squats and piston squats in my.pt session earlier.

The peleton was a bit to large get to far from. Downhills and through the esses they were closing so fast. Was very glad not to be soloing after the first climb.

weeksy

It’s hard straight off the gate that’s for sure

stumpy01

Gah! Was going well until my effing chain came off at the bottom of the second hill. Lost the group I was in and covered everything in oil once the chain was back on…

Bottle of wine and Bake Off final to console myself!

Great event Robbo! Start went well 🙂

funkybaj
    Free Member

Think I was riding with you Stumpy. Wondered how you dropped back towards the end there, doh.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.