Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • savoyad

The jersey would have to be designed by committee and end up looking like the the EF pro cycling one from the Giro

Perfect.

retrorick

I’ve entered the 3 races and didn’t like the look of the last race! Might take me 3 hours to complete?!

robbo1234biking

Don’t worry it finishes at 20.8km at the top of the Epic KOM so you don’t do the Alpe in the Race – nothing stopping you carrying on if you want though!

retrorick

Thanks for the distance update!

neilarn2

Cheers r obbo brilliant and thanks guys and girls at  STW towers.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

So do you get to keep these great powers and responsibilities robbo or just three races?
    Do you get access to crit city, bologna etc too?
    Does this mean you don’t have to do screen shots now?
    Did you have to sacrifice your first born?

robbo1234biking

Zwift are interested in the MTB aspect of the series due to the relationship with STW and the fact that the vast majority of us ride MTBs outside. I am looking at options for the next race series but the idea would be to include more use of the MTB to represent this link and appropriate course options

Presumably we do get access to Bologna and Crit City so this would be good additions to the series. I would need to check on that though but I cant see why not.

I think I will still need to screenshot for the sprints as once you drop out of the race it reverts to anyone in the world.

oopnorth
    Free Member

This is awesome, well done Robbo, Mark and those at STW towers!
    I’m a bit sad that the thread will becoming boring because no one will be discussing the start issues anymore 🤣🤣🤣

Cant wait for this and hopefully we get another series…probably need to do some jungle MTB laps to keep them happy.
    Oh…and yes to a STW jersey…

weeksy

Zwift are interested in the MTB aspect of the series due to the relationship with STW and the fact that the vast majority of us ride MTBs outside. I am looking at options for the next race series but the idea would be to include more use of the MTB to represent this link and appropriate course options

EVen though it takes things massively to a game of chance with the steering, i’d be more than happy to have a loop race on the MTB course, if they could turn that into a 10km loop for example and say a 2 lap race with steering, heck that’d be awesome.

J-R

Thanks for the link Robbo. Looking forward to Tuesday for the weekly hour of pain.

iamtheresurrection

Sorry I haven’t been in touch Rob since race one, and missing from action. I’ve not been feeling so good since the middle of the week following race one. Starting to feel back on track, heading out for a gentle pedal today so hopefully will make the next race…

I feel really bad after the massive effort you put in that I hadn’t apologised sooner. I’m sure I wasn’t noticed to be missing, but like to pretend I’m more important than that 😉

stumpy01

Wow! Great news Robbo! You must be well chuffed.

And thanks to STW & Zwift for sorting this out!! Amazing!

I got the links & have signed up.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Zwift are interested in the MTB aspect of the series due to the relationship with STW and the fact that the vast majority of us ride MTBs outside

No one told them this is a wood burning stove enthusiasts’ site?

if they could turn that into a 10km loop for example and say a 2 lap race with steering, heck that’d be awesome

Ohhh that would be good, though I seem to recall that the steerzo smart thingy [that I don’t know I’m getting for my birthday] doesn’t work on that.

weeksy

I used a garmin mount on my bars with phone and a mat under the bike, i’m not sure it was perfect but it was a laugh for me and my lad.

robbo1234biking

No one told them this is a wood burning stove enthusiasts’ site?

I thought it was an Audi owners club?

nixie

It will be interesting if the events show in ZP. Normally the private link ones do (e.g. the TTT premier league) but you can’t join without the key. If they show on ZP you may be able to get primes data from there (or have an organisers account on ZP that you can set that on). If they do come through to ZP then a future series would have the option of primes scoring on every lap instead of best overall.

mrhoppy

Well done Robbo and Mark.

Does this mean you can access Bologna and Crit City now?

Oblongbob

Skoda owners club, I think you’ll find. I am WFH sitting next the wood-burner though, so that’s spot on – though I don’t work in IT, so I don’t really belong here.

This is brilliant Robbo and STW. Will sign up now. I’d be up for the MTB track and I guess we could MTB the jungle loop (some people already did that!). Can you do a race on the MTB track though? It’s still only marked with a ? on the road isn’t it? Would be good if Zwift would add to the MTB track offering. I have a cheap plastic turntable thing from Amazon for my front wheel, that I wedge a bit of wood under to give it an angle. Works well for the steering with phone on a stem mount.

savoyad

There’s a thread on the zwiftpower forum about feeding in the data from private events:
    https://www.zwiftpower.com/viewtopic.php?t=8206
    The TTT Premier League (which uses entry links like these) definitely shows on zwiftpower (a randomly chosen e.g. https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=889016)
    There is a post on there about somehow accidentally exposing the entry link that way, but as far as I can see it doesn’t do that – the entry link on zp is dead for private events.

Straightliner

Well done Robbo and STW, that’s great news. Won’t do much for my results, but does sound like a better way for fairer results.

robbo1234biking

See what happens after Tuesdays Race then and what data is available in ZP. Not everyone will be signed up to ZP though I am guessing.

I think Crit City and Bologna would be available but will have to check. The good thing is that the events can force certain bikes so we can now have a TT stage and MTB only stages.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking if you want/need a few volunteers to run a short test event Robbo so you can see the output I’d be happy to join. (guessing something like fan flats would be good as two laps is still quick even if we just amble round but will let you see the data output for repeated sprints etc)

nixie

Next week’s event is not in ZP at the moment.

v7fmp

sensational stuff! This series just keeps getting better and better!

Why not make every race an MTB race. Be it on road or gravel, we ride mountain bikes (also eliminates the worry of which bike will give best gains).

Hopefully this will kick start Zwift into adding more MTB specific routes.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Making big headlines in the Zwift world, congrats!

If STW gets to create public events, I’d love to see far more courses being used for 10/25 mile TTs, TTing on pretty much exclusively on Tempus Fugit; Bologna; Tick; Sand & Sequoias makes so little use of the custom length feature that event creators can utilise.

zilog6128

Why not make every race an MTB race. Be it on road or gravel, we ride mountain bikes

I would be well up for that, especially if it made the Zwift guys more interested, plus it would be well funny 😃 Can people not in the race see you while you’re racing? I forget! Maybe Zwift want huge packs of MTBs thundering past?!

also eliminates the worry of which bike will give best gains

except aren’t there 4 different MTBs you can get?

nixie

Can people not in the race see you while you’re racing?

Don’t think so no. The chat escapes to the wider world though.

robbo1234biking

I think you can see the racers as they go past and there chat but they cant see you. Its a bit strange really.

TT bikes is good as there is no draft for anyone and the event forces it which means it is fair for all.

I don’t think there is a huge difference between the MTB and on the length of courses we do you are only talking an extra minute or so on the completion time so it isn’t a major factor.

v7fmp

@zilog6128 I was under the impression that the only differences between the MTB’s was visual, but I could be wrong.

as you say, how cool would that be to see rolling MTB thunder flying past! mega!

Oblongbob

A TT sounds good, very up for that. Has to be flat though!

Making all races MTB-only would be fine I guess, but as Robbo says wouldn’t it just make us slower on the road routes (I’m assuming you’re not saying we only race the jungle or the MTB track off Titans grove every week!).

Robbo – do you keep this godlike power to organise STW races after the current series? Also, do you want more people to sign up? I could prod a couple of people on here to encourage them to join us.

Oblongbob

Doh! Posted in error

zilog6128

@v7fmp
    https://zwiftinsider.com/mountain-bike-results/
    only a few s difference in times, except up the Alpe where there’s about 20s between fastest & slowest!

wouldn’t it just make us slower on the road routes

doesn’t matter though if we’re ALL on them (except for the saddos who only want a PB 😉) especially as it looks like Robbo can spec a custom route/distance for the races so can still make them the same length in time.
    If it gets Zwift HQ interested enough to make this a permanent thing with the proper race starts then it’s a trade-off I’d be more than happy with!

robbo1234biking

oblongbob – if you can get some more people to sign up that would be great. Starting from the pens will hopefully encourage people to join in as well.

We would be a bit slower on MTB but everyone would be on the same bike(s) so the gaps would stay the same. There isnt a lot of difference between the different MTBs.

Still in discussions with Zwift post this series about how the next series would be organised and look like.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I don’t think there is a huge difference between the MTB

Solo maybe. Draft difference is significant.

Actually what am I saying. No, no difference, absolutely we should do that.

jamesoz

Race on mountain bikes? I’ve only just put the road bike back on the turbo! I’d have to swap it back for added realism. 😀
    Maybe a camelbak too.

With the mention of steering my old iPhone SE on the bars with the front wheel on a couple of cheap turntable things work quite nicely.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Still in discussions with Zwift

That’s actually wowed me, I assumed this was a “from on high” one way conversation and that you just got an email saying “by zwift decree thou shalt be elevated to the temporary office of race organiser. This office carries no pay or other benefits but comes with significant responsibilities.” that or a python esque foot.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Race on mountain bikes? I’ve only just put the road bike back on the turbo! I’d have to swap it back for added realism. 😀
    Maybe a camelbak too.

What you need is a ForceFeedback ™ rocker plate.

J-R

how cool would that be to see rolling MTB thunder flying past!

What we need is Zwift to provide a Fatbike option.

nixie

Maybe a camelbak too.

Only if you add it to your game weight :P.

jamesoz

I already weigh as much as a small car.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.