Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,216 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Series 2
  • DrP

RE the 4iii…

I was looking at the quick start guide online..
    I was jsut going to swap crank/pedals… pair with Garmin (ANT+) and zwift (BT)..ride for a bit, then drop the left crank and ‘calibrate/zero’ the device…

I HOPE it’s all configured from teh factory/previous user..

DrP

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Yep. 5 min job maximum. But I have had a few connection issues with the 4iiii on the app (when I calibrate the crank) but only when Zwift is also running (through ANT+). If you have bother just close Zwift , calibrate and get back on Zwift. Probably will need a software update but again, 5 mins..

DrP

dangeourbrain…
    Chuckles!!!

If I can hold my own up the hill, then grab a tail on the flats with some energy held back, for another killer climb effort at the end, I SHOULD be on target to throw up JUST after the finish line.. 😉
    DrP

EDIT…also: “An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item” FFS

nixie

@dangeourbrain on the last series form yes your probably right. This series so far though I don’t think I’m at the same level. Will have to see how the first climb goes however based on my most recent 3 zwift sessions I’m not convinced I can escape, stay away and put in efforts for sprint points (which I think I need). Problem is if I sit and take the first climb easy to go for sprints and the second climb there is a really risk of crazyharry showing me a clean pair of heels on climb 2. Last week I was finding it hard to keep up on the steep climb and the 1hr sweetspot session I did on Saturday was really hard with not great output (not to mention the TTT where I died horribly).

Not sure why I’m telegraphing this though……..

nixie

@DrP what PM did you have before?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure why I’m telegraphing this though……..

Rope-a-dope

nixie

😀

DrP

what PM did you have before?

It’s an Avio powersense one.
    The PM works perfectly… it’s just effing Zwift and it’s inability to manage ANT+ that means I needed to upgrade to a bluetooth one…

Might sell the Avio (on R8000 172.5 ultegra crank), or send it back to Avio to swap over onto my XT cranks on the single speed….

DrP

Oblongbob

Alas, I’m still Covid-tastic, so will have to give tonight’s frolics a miss 😢. No particularly horrible symptoms so far thankfully, but feeling a bit crap and best to be sensible (for once!).

nixie

Hope you recover soon @oblongbob.

retrorick

I’m going to skip tonight’s race. Had a 3am start this morning which was 3 hrs earlier than expected and I’ve another early start tomorrow ☹️. I was looking forward to the start of the race as well. Hopefully back next week.

DrP

Hmmmmm..pants.
    No new powermeter sat on my doorstep.

Oh well…. will see how the ANT+ gets on. I’ve uninstalled practically everything you lot suggested..steam just gone now too!!!

See you in a bit..

DrP

nixie

Fingers crossed

andeh

I’m hoping you psychos who rode Four Horsemen on the weekend are still sore.

Good work, how you keep the goods from falling asleep I have no idea 😳

oopnorth
    Free Member

I haven’t ridden since that four horseman…couldn’t face riding after that one 🤣🤣🤣

Hopefully the legs are back up to speed…we will soon find out

scaredypants

I haven’t ridden since that four horseman…couldn’t face riding after that one

I believe you’re supposed to say you’re coming into this tapered after a big block of training, not “owwww, my arse’n’legs !!”

rmprest
    Free Member

Having to skip tonight due to home stuff… gutted.

Good luck to all and I’ll be on the next one !

nixie

Stream link again if anyone wants it.

https://youtu.be/DcWRADIRwns

DrP

I haven’t got round to my stream on new pc yet..
    But… it would be a fun one because there’s still fox 20w fork oil residue on my kitchen floor… so I’m on a drift turbo!! Back end all over the place….
    Stuck a towel under it for a little bit of grip! Lolz…

DrP

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Wifi has dropped out so this might be an ITT..

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Great race all. Brilliant timing there Phil, sprint and the climb by the looks of it.

DrP

Wow.. that was HARD!

Oof..DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Looks like your pm held Ian which is good.

nixie

Yeah he got both. Nice work Phil. Crazyharry got second 👍.

DrP

Yeah Brian… seemed issue free today… which is good!

I was ruddy gutted I blinked for a second at the top of the climb and lost you front lot…. JUST before the roll down! No way a solo rider can out descend a bunch!
    Was solo for a few km heading to bash out 300-250w to keep pace.. was v grateful a trio came up behind and we all rode out the rest together….

I’m cramping up.. but buzzing!

I think the start worked well tbh… DrP

yanboss

Cheers all! Just can’t catch the faster B’s on the start despite going for it. Next week it will have to be full on sprinting off the line for me

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Pleased with how that went tonight. I thought I’d be over in the front four but could feel myself struggling after the 2nd sprint section, held on to you all until the lower slopes but then I ran flat about half way up the climb, just completely lost my legs.

Really good ride all.

I wish I’d mentioned my weight increase to Robbo now instead of just putting it into zwift. Ah well, school boy error.

weeksy

I did a great job of towing Robbo to others, then worked with them to catch 2 more… then they dumped me on an incline LOL

Thanks for that fellas 🙂

zilog6128

Great ride that. Start worked well I thought. Absolutely buried myself seriously almost to the point of puking to keep Gary Lager’s wheel up the first climb, just about managed it and pulled ahead of some of the other C’s (Robbo etc), joined a good group and cruised round to the first sprint where Gary took off like a cat with a firework up it’s arse 🤣 Knew he’d do it again for sprint 2 so I thought I’d give it a go… mistake tho as it’s a long sprint so didn’t get anywhere. Bit me on the arse as I then couldn’t keep up with the group on the 2nd climb and a few I’d managed to keep ahead passed me… just kept ahead of Oop North though which was my main goal 😉 although he was gaining! Finish could not come soon enough!!

doordonot
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Been zwifting for years and got my ftp to the point I was snapping the ankles of B group end of this March. But after a break and back into it only recently. I could barely hang on to C group. This was my first STW zwift ride and thanks to JimW and one other we rode in group. I burned my matches at 0.4m, lost my steam and JimW jumped ahead. Absolutely knackered!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Well…ouch!

Start went ok and I gave it my all up the first hill and didn’t do too bad but then ended in no mans land until I got caught by Feed and someone else. We did ok but were always being caught by the bigger group behind who ran us down after the aqueduct.
    Then it was just a case of hold the group until the final climb but unfortunately that’s where the legs and lungs gave up…I’ve only got one good hill in me haha

Good ride all…it was a toughie, no where really to catch your breath. Some of you guys are really fast! It’s a great series to be part of and I’m happy with the zero and go start.

jamesoz

Yay! Nothing rubbing, no power drop outs (apart from the organic kind) and my Thai green curry stayed in me!

tpbiker
    Free Member

Not going to lie, the new start format didn’t do me any favours. I need to bust my balls at best of times to stay with front group for first mile or so, so when Spawned at back my work was always going to be cut out. I basically spent the first 2 min at well over 350 watts, never really made it into the front group, and by half way up first climb I was broken and never recovered. Spent rest of lap being dragged round by r charlie and a couple of others.

Zwift racing is hard enough for the light guys but if we have to make up a gap at the start we have no chance. Appreciate the faster guys were probably glad that I wasnt for once wheelsucking them the whole race, but without drafting I ain’t got nothing! You don’t see Bernal starting behind the peloton for a reason!!

Anyways, grumble over. Well done to Phil.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I was almost on you on the first hill Zilog! 🤣🤣🤣 But I couldn’t quite catch you over the top and off you went.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I didn’t think the run in to the climb was as long as it was so instead of going all out I took it relativity steady which was a mistake as I lost a decent amout of time by the base of it.

Got in a decent little group on the flat, picked up Weeksy and then it was a bit cagey to the final climb.

I tried a little dig to split the group out pick off anyone struggling but it didn’t really work although it did force a couple of people to use their power-ups to get back on when otherwise they could have used them on the climb – somebody used a feather which I was glad to see!

That blue banner couldn’t come fast enough though.

I did think the start was better, other than the big hill!

w00dster

As TPBiker is one of the guys I race against (similar results), I could see quite early on he was 8 seconds behind, then really quickly 23 seconds behind. Do agree that today’s start was tough and as a 70kg rider do have to agree it’s not ideal, not saying change I’d prefer it changed back as I’d say the experiment is worth another go.
    I wasn’t at the back or last out of the blocks, but from 10 seconds down I was up at over 300 watts then loads of guys came past me while I was still sat there. Mad sprint to try and catch the front group who were already forming.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I was a little surprised how big of a group formed at the front from the off, I’d expected 4 or 5 not 9 or 10 in the bunch.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

That was fun! There’s some fast lads on here. Some seriously impressive power. Start was good. Ended up with oopnorth and robbo in a good group. Tried a few half digs off the front but nothing doing then stupidly went for 2nd sprint to try and force a split. Didn’t realise the hill was straight after. Cue me going backwards. Must learn course for next time!!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I had someone come flying past me before my clock hit zero…not sure how that happened. It was definitely a tough start to try and catch the front group. I think we should try it again on a more normal start, something flatter.

I had a dig at one point to test the group but you all came back quickly. When I saw Paul go for the sprint I thought “no chance am i following with the hill coming” but i also thought the group would bring him back without having to sprint.

jimdubleyou

That was a lot more fun when I can manage to stay on somebody’s wheel for the whole race.

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 1,216 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Series 2’ is closed to new replies.