Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,518 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1
  • Premier Icon Poopscoop

^^ I feel sick enough after a Zwift race already thanks Scaredy.😁

Premier Icon dangeourbrain

(I can produce weight evidence but it’ll be a gorgeously-naked selfie on our bathroom scales)

We all got asked for a video of us hula-hooping naked on our scales after we signed up any way.

Quite why he only asked each of us individually and after we’d submitted our numbers I don’t know.

Hang on, now I type that it sounds like I’ve been conned. I’m not the only one am I? 😭

Premier Icon twisty

Oh dear,
    Can I report myself to the disciplinary committee please.
    Just realised I inadvertently did that last race with my wife’s height, so I was a foot shorter than I should’ve been, making the Zwift drag calculation lower.
    Sorry about that, somehow only changed back the weight and not the height.

Premier Icon weeksy

Robbo, feel free to use this as my 100% 20mins…. (techincally 22 mins) but i don’t have any more to give than that over that time/distance.

https://www.zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=1069944

Premier Icon DrP
    Free Member

ooh, does height make a difference in the zwift calcs too then??
    (not that mine is incorrect, I just didn’t know it would have an effect!)

DrP. 70kg.

One thing that could improve the experience a lot for me is if all you guys under 91kg would stop telling me what your weight is, because that’s getting old real fast 😁

eek, soz, lolz…. 😉

Premier Icon zilog6128

ooh, does height make a difference in the zwift calcs too then??

yep, I remember reading a ZI article on it, it makes a BIG difference as they use it (along with weight) to calculate your CdA

Premier Icon robbo1234biking

I never realised that you can height dope as well! For once my below average height is giving me a benefit!

Premier Icon DrP
    Free Member

So, let me get my online presence right…
    On Tinder I want to be Tall and muscly, so about 85kg adn 6foot 2….
    On Zwift I want to be short and light , so about 50kg and 5 feet (to avoid suspicion…)
    For my passport application, I’ll just keep it real eh…

DrP

😉

Premier Icon jamesoz

There’s hope for me yet then, I’m probably getting shorter faster than I am lighter!

Premier Icon Oblongbob

Hmmm…must measure my height. Put in 6’3” which will be slowing me down a bit by the sound of it. That was my height a few years ago. Suspect I must have shrunk to 6’2” by now. Marginal gains and all that!

Premier Icon Poopscoop

^^Measure yourself later in the day after your spine has compressed a little. Sorted.👍😁

Premier Icon weeksy

Anyone else coming on a recce tomorrow morning on this route then ? See the social Zwift thread.

I’ll be trying more than some i imagine as they outclimb me, but i won’t be going full chat for sure.

Remember if you want to change ftp, weight, height, inside leg or head circumference let me know tomorrow as I will publish the handicaps tomorrow evening.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

@robbo1234biking

I had a fairly bad crash couple of days ago. Pranged my thigh and knee. Is it ok if I join the meet and bimble along or is that taking a slot from someone else? I might just join the meet in fact and not even pedal much but watch the other riders as a spectator and join in the banter. Depends how my leg feels.

I don’t usually get to see the tactics and sprints of the fast buggers as I’m in a different time zone to them after the first few mins!😁

Premier Icon stumpy01

weeksy
    Anyone else coming on a recce tomorrow morning on this route then ? See the social Zwift thread.

Not for me. I scrubbed & painted the shed today – so tomorrow I will be mostly struggling to move properly.

Only thing is, I’m taking my daughter swimming first thing, then the in-laws are coming for lunch & I need to get a second coat of stuff on the shed in the afternoon.
    Oh, and I said I’d wash my Wife’s car. That’s not gonna happen, is it?! 🙂

See you all on Tues evening.

Poopscoop you are fine coming along. There is space for 100 riders. 77 get the invite. We seem to average about 50-55 taking the start line and about 45 finishing each race.

Premier Icon jaminb

Poopscoop heal quick or I will have no ones wheel to try and hang on

OK handicaps for Stage 4 are now available.

I have also done a tab for the GC where if a rider has completed all 3 races I have provided a total time.

Click Here

Also unless anyone has any objections after watching the TDF today instead of London Classique for the final round I think it would be more suitable to go to Paris…let me know thoughts. Cheers

Premier Icon mrhoppy

Also unless anyone has any objections after watching the TDF today instead of London Classique for the final round I think it would be more suitable to go to Paris…let me know thoughts.

Absolutely.

And bugger I appear to be quite differently handicapped this week.

Premier Icon kirky72
    Free Member

better idea, can we replace Harrogate with London and then finish in Paris?

You need to stop improving mrhoppy!

Yorkshire is staying I am afraid. My wife comes from Yorkshire and removing it from the calendar isn’t worth the grief!

Premier Icon oopnorth

Nay luck Mrhoppy, you are now with us regular C’s!

I’m looking forward to this one.

And as a Yorkshireman…keep Harrogate, even though I die everytime on that course.

Premier Icon kirky72
    Free Member

worth a try.

just checked the handicaps. quite a difference. not far from some of the Bs. I need to aim to stick to a different group or ill be way behind in combined times.

extra motivation to get a wiggle on.

Premier Icon weeksy

Just a survival race for me this one. Today’s warm up ride there showed me what pace I can or can’t do.

Premier Icon neilarn2

Paris ok with me , see you Tuesday.

4 mins into the Cs I think I might stand a chance of but 3 mins into DrP sounds like more of a challenge. Well I know who to keep ahead of at least.

See you all Tuesday

Premier Icon stumpy01

Woke up with very stiff left hamstring and achy shoulders/back/arms. Arms probably not too much of an issue.
    Then spend 3.5hrs painting a second coat of brown stuff on the shed. It looks good, but I’m knackered! Tuesday should be fun.

I think I quite enjoy the road to ruins route.
    Probably change my mind in a couple of days…

Premier Icon IvanDobski

It is just one lap isn’t it?

Premier Icon Poopscoop

Cheers robbo, I’ll definitely log in and have a little spin.

jaminb

Poopscoop heal quick or I will have no ones wheel to try and hang on

Cheers bud but you definitely don’t want to be on my wheel this week matey.😁

A ridiculously slow crash (jogging speed?) but one of the most painful crashes I’ve ever had. Thigh/ hip and one butt cheek black and blue and ballooned up. Otb and landed on the edge of a deep rut, I think that’s why it hurt so much.

One arse cheek looks like it belongs to Kim Kad, its huge.

Premier Icon Poopscoop

IvanDobski
    Free Member
    It is just one lap isn’t it?

Yeah, seems to be from the mileage.

Premier Icon DrP
    Free Member

Looking forward to this! But still full of head cold And also trying the ‘100 day challenge’ still… chest and legs feeling weak as hell!

My mission is to stick with a bunch and drift at 250watts… if a break happens, or a tough climb that might split, I REALLY don’t have a 450w sprint in my jelly legs at the mo!

But… I do have copious amounts of snot and phlegm, if anyone wants..?!!

DrP

I was much the same last week DrP, exercise seemed to get rid pretty well, just remember a bucket under the turbo, or doesn’t mop up as easy as sweat.

Premier Icon kirky72
    Free Member

But… I do have copious amounts of snot and phlegm, if anyone wants..?!!

And there I was enjoying my breakfast.

Recce of road to ruins, followed by some weights then Moved three bedrooms and their contents around yesterday. along with lots of hoovering while the beds were out, refitting kids led lights etc woke up feel like I’d been hit by a bus this morning. Don’t know if my cold and chest has gone worse or I’ve just inhaled too much dust.

Such a shame not to ride out today but need a rest.

Premier Icon stumpy01

I might start a new post for this, but….

Bike Phone Mounts – does anyone have any recommendations for a decent cheap one for use while on the turbo.

It doesn’t need to be sleek/aero etc. or particularly robust given that it’s gonna remain stationary on the turbo trainer.
    It occurred to me the other day after ~3 years+ of Zwift that I should put my phone on the bars to make it a bit easier to access.

If it matters, current phone is just over 6″ long x 3″ wide with case on, but I’m replacing that soon with a slightly smaller one.

Premier Icon stumpy01

thanks dangeourbrain – looks ideal. I’ve got some in black; would that also work?

I have something like this that I don’t use anymore but works fine for holding a phone on the bars and is nice and cheap.

Premier Icon retrorick

I won’t be able to race tomorrow. Work is getting in the way. ☹️

Black is also good but you should take care to ensure that you remain above the correct amount of not black on your bike.

Failing that I’ve had a couple of cheapest I could find amazon /ebay ones over the last few months. All have done fine until I took the bike outside.

Truth be told stumpy I found having the phone on the bars just resulted in me drowning it in sweat. It works better for me to have it in easy reach and pick it up on the odd occasions I’ve something hilarious to say.

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,518 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.