Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • STW – Weird Advert behaviour
  • bentandbroken

One of the Criteo Ad’s make my page go ‘weird’.

Looks like it is somehow trying to ensure that the ad is always on screen, if you try and scroll away, the page jumps back to the part containing the Ad.

It happens nearly every time the Ad is for Diesel is displayed, but occasionally when it is the John Lewis Ad.

I have a ‘movie’ file of the behaviour if it helps, but I don’t know how to submit it

z1ppy

I got annoyed by the diesel one yesterday, blaring crap out of my pc’s speakers & no option to turn off the sound on the ad.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Had similar issue on another bike forum recently, you’re reading a multi-post thread and suddenly the page auto-scrolls to the advert and you then get involved in a battle to try and re-find where you were in the thread.

The stakes have been raised, you now need a “P” to be able to read posts! 😆

SaxonRider

Hmm. Ads…

I don’t seem to have a roblem.

scotroutes

Mark takes these poor ad issues seriously but if you don’t report it then nothing will be done about it.

tech@singletrackworld.com

maccruiskeen

I have a ‘movie’ file of the behaviour if it helps, but I don’t know how to submit it

There’s details under ‘forum help’ at the top of the page about who to report problems and rogue ads to

[edit] or just use the address above 🙂

Even with a ‘P” I’m finding the forum is running pretty rough before I’m able to log in at the moment. Had to reload the page a few times this morning before the menu to login would function. Something is failing to load it seems- I’m just getting blank spaces where the ad would be, , but the menu/login link seems to load last so doesn’t load either

bentandbroken

at Scotroutes – Thanks. Now reported to the email address

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘STW – Weird Advert behaviour’ is closed to new replies.