Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • STW website goes responsive……?
  • Special_ized_Jamie

More of a question to STW Towers than general forum stuff. Any plans make the website responsive?

SaxonRider

I’ll be watching this thread, if only to learn what the question even means.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hello STW.

More worried when it answers

perchypanther
    Free Member

You click on things and stuff happens?

Doesn’t it already do that?

chakaping
    Free Member

Basically it means a dedicated mobile version of the site, which you get sent to if you’re on a mobile.

🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve considered making my own app to read the site, just cos I want one.

GrahamS

Seems pretty responsive to me. Sub 1 second page load.
    Though I suspect the helps a lot:

bensales
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Basically it means a dedicated mobile version of the site, which you get sent to if you’re on a mobile.

Actually, that’s the exact opposite of what it means.

It means the layout and navigation of the content of the site dynamically adjusts to a more appropriate layout based on the resolution of window it detects it’s being displayed in.

retro83
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

Sort of but people tend to use it to mean that the same site remodels itself to suit whatever device you read it on using for ex. CSS3 (as opposed to redirecting to mobile.stw.com or whatever)

jamesfts
    Free Member

[pedant] technically a single site that is designed with a fluid layout that adapts to the viewer’s device regardless of screen size rather than a separate mobile specific site. [/pedant]

Edit – beaten to it.

allthepies
    Free Member

I often get large delays due to the criteo.com ad links on the webpages.

A hosts file redirect to 127.0.0.1 was on the cards but it seems to be behaving currently.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

and shortly after that it becomes sentient?

wwaswas

and shortly after that it becomes sentient?

as long as they don’t run it on a server called Wintermute we’ll probably be ok.

GrahamS

Blimmin web designers.

Responsive (should) refer to how quickly something responds, which is what I thought the OP meant.

If we are talking about mobile/small-screen friendly design then yes please (though to be honest it works pretty well on an iphone at the moment).

chakaping
    Free Member

Actually, that’s the exact opposite of what it means.

It means the layout and navigation of the content of the site dynamically adjusts to a more appropriate layout based on the resolution of window it detects it’s being displayed in.

You’re right, had a bit of a brainfart.

I work in content rather than tech.

😉

ratherbeintobago

There was a plan once upon a time to migrate to the same software as the Grit.CX forum (which does forum alerts etc) but this appears to be on the back burner.

v8ninety

Works fine on my phone, tablet and laptop. Please don’t change anything! 😯

spawnofyorkshire

dragon
    Free Member

Considering this website was written about the same time Win XP and the first Ipod were released, and has essentially never changed since, then I doubt a responsive website is going to happen anytime soon ever.

scotroutes

I’m sure that’s in the new version of the website.

I think it’s due at Christmas (2012)

ratherbeintobago

I’m sure that’s in the new version of the website.

I think it’s due at Christmas (2012)

What about a ‘Like’ button?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘STW website goes responsive……?’ is closed to new replies.