Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stw website and that bl**dy watch advert
  • nickhart
    Free Member

Why? I don’t want a new watch and if I did I’d go looking for one. And I’m damn sure it wouldn’t be one of those that keeps popping up randomly on my steam powered iPad one and stopping me doing anything. Yes yes stw needs revenue from adverts etc and yes premium members don’t get adverts. In all honesty I’m not going to pay for premium and there’s a point, I’m nearly there, at which I just don’t use stw.

rOcKeTdOg

“P” & ipad is your solution and problem

bartimaeus
    Free Member

+1

At least I discovered that in portrait I got an ‘x’ so could shut the stupid thing…. In landscape it stopped my browser altogether.

iolo
    Free Member

Yes yes stw needs revenue from adverts etc and yes premium members don’t get adverts. In all honesty I’m not going to Yes yes stw needs revenue from adverts etc and yes premium members don’t get adverts. In all honesty I’m not going to pay for premium and there’s a point, I’m nearly there, at which I just don’t use stw. for premium and there’s a point, I’m nearly there, at which I just don’t use stw.

Don’t use STW if it annoys you so much. If you’re too much of a tight arse to pay premium set up your own bloody forum. Oh yes, and stop bloody whinging.

wilburt
    Free Member

A mate of mine bought one of those watch’s it was shit then broke. Overpriced junk.

Superficial
    Free Member

At least the forum no longer pops up a mandatory dialogue box asking if m.audi.com can use my location. No you bloody can’t.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes, unusable on the ipad at work, unless you don’t zoom in, then it’s impossible to read text. doesn’t happen on my nexus4 phone and the laptop windows7 at home is blocked.

jekkyl

Even if I was a millionairre I wouldn’t spend money on something that my phone already does very well. Content and function trumps aesthetics every time. A blingy watch is like the selfie, there purely for vanity.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I keep gettin some woman popping up and speaking loudly about her Contour.

I assume this is some kind of minge trimmer; so not exactly targetted advertising.

Mark

The ad is vital to us. Sorry. That’s the price of the website you are typing on. That said the ad is deliberately hobbled by us at 1:24. Which means you should see it once in 24 hours. The agency supplying it would live us to relax that cap. They have a large budget they would gladly send our way but we capped it as tightly as we could anyway to minimise the disruption. But fact is. No ads. No site. The choice at our end is easy.

They sent us another campaign yesterday that they wanted to run at the same time as the Tudor watch campaign. I explained we wouldn’t have two at once. We have compromised by setting these campaigns to run in alternative hours of the day. However after I set the ad live I spotted it was auto playing audio. I have paused that campaign now – at cost to us – while I wait for the agency to fix the audio playing issue.

We think carefully about how the ads work and how the affect your visit to our site carefully. We turn away high paying campaigns often if we think they cross a line. But we need the money to exist. £1.49 makes it all go away for a month.

oliverracing

Adds? what adds? 😉

wwaswas

If anyone spends more time on here during the course of a month than it would take them to drink one high street coffee why wouldn’t they choose to pay?

I pay for Strava, not because I like seeing a suffer score (which seems to be the only benefit) but because it’s a useful resource I enjoy using it. STW is the same (but betterer because I get a magazine too).

jekkyl

Mark, where’s the link to print and dig subs for £25? I got an email but I can’t seem to find it now.
    Thanks

edit: found it: code: £10OFFP&D 😉
    look for the p on my name soon.

GregMay
    Free Member

I do like my P

MoreCashThanDash

I spend more time on here than I do watching TV. And I enjoy the mag as well. It’s way cheaper than a TV license to make the ads go away.

That said, I don’t get the ads on here. When I allow them occasionally to see what the fuss is, the site becomes unusable and there is nothing there that I want to click on anyway. Still, someone somewhere thinks they are worth the spend.

xiphon
    Free Member

I like my ‘P’ too in my head, although I don’t get access to ‘P’ material…. just some of the benefits. 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stw website and that bl**dy watch advert’ is closed to new replies.