Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • STW & Vimeo
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

There seem to be plenty of people out there playing with cameras and making bike films so I had a go at creating a Vimeo Group. I think this is the best way to make it (other option was a channel so will see how it goes and maybe swap over) At this stage it’s just a start so plent can be changed (the name, the custom URL etc.) I am the owner & only mod (and only member) but will be happy to ad a few others as it goes. Thought it would be a good place to see what everyone else it up to and have a nice feed of bike films to watch.
    https://vimeo.com/groups/stwvideos
    If you interested join the group and add some videos.
    Mods/STW If people join is it OK to use the logo (marked as unofficial)
    General Blurb
    For the army of GoPro (other brands available) film makers in STW somewhere to share, collaborate and discuss.
    Bit of an experiment – throwing it out there if anyone wants to add their vids to the group for sharing/feeds etc then go for it. Constructive criticism only please!!
    This group is open for the world to see so please be aware of that. If your video is marked private under the current settings it will become public in the group feed. It’s up to you if you post vids of cheeky trails.

(can’t decide if Bike or Chat)

rs
    Free Member

I added my last video.

turboferret

I’ve added a couple of videos too.

Cheers, Rich

stewartc
    Free Member

Added one, pity I am limited to 500MB uploads

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nice one guys some more stuff up there to peruse this evening!

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Good idea!

_tom_
    Free Member

pity I am limited to 500MB uploads

Encode your videos in MPEG 4 with the H264 codec and you’ll have much smaller file sizes that are still good quality (so long as you don’t go too low on the quality %) 🙂

stewartc
    Free Member

Will try that Tom, if not successful I will try using Elecard on my home PC later.

composite
    Free Member

Just joined and spammed a few of my films in there. 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

I think YouTube are now better than Vimeo, as you can encode at 60mbps and upload a huge file.

I’ll be adding to the group later tho! 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think YouTube are now better than Vimeo, as you can encode at 60mbps and upload a huge file.

My connection doesn’t agree 🙂 There are some decent enough uploads on Vimeo (viewed Full HD on a 60″ screen) to keep me happy with it – I went Plus so no adds and no limits on upload.
    File size has improved no I’m using Premiere 6 with some more modern H264 codecs.

composite
    Free Member

Vimeo is actually quite a nice community of people making films where as Youtube is just full of arseholes. 😀

One thing that annoys me though is the lack of HD embedding on external sites unless you have a vimeo+ account.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The bandwidth doesn’t grow on trees!

Milkie
    Free Member

I do prefer the Vimeo site, much better content than YouTube. But recently YouTube changed their upload limits. I was able to upload a 2 minute file which was more than 1.5Gb in size. $60 a year is quite a lot!

Being a Dumbass here… How do I add a video to the group? 😳

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I was able to upload a 2 minute file which was more than 1.5Gb in size.

Wow!! What were you uploading (or outputing as?) there must be a more efficient way of uploading. I can get a 2hr film in 1080 for that amount of data.

jonnyb1972
    Free Member

’tis great on Apple TV 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Also the first 12 who joined just got given moderation powers (be nice) just in case it gets spammed really.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’m currently working on something new at the moment so I joined. 🙂

Milkie
    Free Member

Mike the Hero Black outputs at nearly 50mbps, therefore you can have huge file sizes.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fair enough, what do you edit it with?

Milkie
    Free Member

I use Premiere CS6, Directly import the Hero Black Footage into CS6, saves a stage of encoding with Cineform. In CS6 I sharpen and adjust the colours.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

About the same here then export out, I guess your just using massive output settings? Seem to get good enough results for web with the Vimeo standards for 1080 (H264 presets) – I up the bit rate for a home copy but not by that much. In the end my connection rules out uploading anything too big as it would take a week.

composite
    Free Member

I use Final cut pro. I output as Apple Pro Res 1080p 30fps (.mov). I then transcode down to h.264 720p (mp4) normally at around 1.5MB bit rate depending on how large the file is going to come out. I use MPEG stream Clipp, which I personally think is the nuts.

Mark

We are going to create you a unique logo based on our masthead. We’ll send it over once it’s done 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Yep mpeg streamclip is awesome for transcoding video, I use it all the time. Free as well and I think it does a better/quicker and easier job than some paid software.

Euro
    Free Member

Good idea Mike but i haven’t uploaded to vimeo in ages. Must start again (need to make something first tho). Added an oldie.

Btw, who is figure 11 media?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cheers mark drop me a mail.

yetitony
    Free Member

Good idea, just added a couple…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘STW & Vimeo’ is closed to new replies.