Viewing 11 posts - 241 through 251 (of 251 total)
  • STW surfers?
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Another classic session just now.

What a **** classic 48 hours – big chunky waves yesterday morning , mid sized super fast barrellers this morning , small "skate park" waves just now. Shoulders now totalled, grin impossible to wipe off.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I'm thinking about a hardboard- something like a bic/nsp minimal size 7'6 ish…? I'm 5'9 and 11st. I know the popouts get a bad rep. Any suggestions from the hive?

If you're in North Devon, try and pop into the Gulf Stream shop. They'll be able to advise you about what's really right for you and then sell you a board that's made in the UK. Was in there a couple of weeks ago and they were selling stock mini-mals cheap.

petestuart
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice. I'm in Devon often – wife's family are there – so might just pop in to Gulf Stream next time.

Thanks.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Swell picked back up again – off for surf number 6 in 5 days. This is rather fun!

jam-bo

Just back from an early one at bude. Bit closet at low tide but charging close outs can be fun sometimes. This swell has a bit of grunt behind it….

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Jam – North end of Watergate was absolutely firing! My shoulders have gone on strike.

hitman
    Free Member

Surf has been good here as well, nice to get back in the water and its warm!!

Not sure if any of you guys are interested but I have a brand new epoxy South African Zimbali 6'6" surfboard for sale. Going to put it on ebay but thought I would let you guys know about it before hand. Dimensions are 6'6"x19"x23/8" (I think but will have to check). Its based on the blank of one of the pros boards but can't remember which one! Selling for £250

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I had my first successful surfing trip (to Llangennith) this weekend after a few attempts and am now able to get to my feet and stay on the board consistently. Normally get to my feet and fall immediately. The first time I stayed on I was actually confused, why is this happening? I soon learned to enjoy it. Got to work on the getting strong enough to get back out again. I want more.

jam-bo

looking alright again for midweek. must have been the most consistent surf for a while…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Jam – indeed.

The week so far (been in every time)

Monday am – chunkyish, cleanish
    Monday pm – picked up, cleaner
    Wed am – properly big, slightly onshore
    Thurs am – head high, super clean, got too windy offshore eventually but genuinely epic early on
    Thurs pm – dropped a lot but super hollow
    Sat am – very light cross onshores, picked right back up again, utterly classic

And more to come! It's not awful today but nothing special.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Surf firing again! Head high and clean just now at my local break!

Viewing 11 posts - 241 through 251 (of 251 total)

The topic ‘STW surfers?’ is closed to new replies.