Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • STW Scuba Divers?
  • crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Learnt 2 years ago, only warm water for us! Just got back from live aboard in Thailand with Similan Diving Safaris,last dive was my 50th. Padi AOW and enriched air. Simon, we did a week on the boat (4 dives a day) then did a week trekking and travelling around.

My 20 quid Lidl shorty wetsuit is fine when the water is 28C 😉

Lots of divers on here judging by the advice we’ve received in previous threads.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Do I win? 😆
    Que willy waving:
    PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Rebreather, NACD Full Cave, BSAC Adsvanced Nitrox, 5000+ dives and run a liveaboard in the Maldives.
    Sounds great and it mostly is but today it is raining side ways, we have lots of painting to do during a maintenance week and there is no chance to ride my bike until May 2014 😥

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Not sure we need to call Trimix to the forum … did you know he was a dive instructor? 😉

UncleFred
    Free Member

PADI Divemaster, dived in Guernsey, Barrier Reef, Thailand, Red Sea, Cyprus and all over the Caribbean but haven’t been in the water for 4 years, would love to get back into it but kids/cycling/work take up all my time now.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member

Not sure we need to call Trimix to the forum … did you know he was a dive instructor?

He may of mentioned it 🙂

greyman
    Free Member

PADI AOW and Nitrox here, dived all over the shop, deepest however being Scapa at 45m.
    Currently doing IANTD tech course, though don’t know what for !
    Think I’ll stick to riding my bike 😉

Well, interested in the gas management skills tbh – and there’s loads of new kit required ….

beaker2135

PADI advanced and nitrox, done a few Red Sea live aboards you’re going to love it. Loads of sea life and reefs are beautiful, wrecks are so-so but they are there. Have a great time

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Do I win?

😆

You may have to duke it out with Trimix. 😉

winston_dog
    Free Member

Do I win?

I’ve dived HMS Royal Oak in Scapa. Do I?

Trimix
    Free Member

Ha, I was wondering when that would come up 🙂

Actually I need to go diving soon, anyone fancy a dip in Stoney cove then ?

Ive some new equipment that needs testing out. (heated vest and new “bright as the sun” dive torch)

winston_dog
    Free Member

anyone fancy a dip in Stoney cove then ?

Sorry Tirmix but diving Stoney Cove is the STW equivalent of riding only trail centres on an Orange 5, after getting there in your Audi. Just not niche enough for here. 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Yes, your right. But its a good place to check out new kit and not worry about tides, weather etc.

Im 3-4 hours from a proper dive site, so will have to make do. I did dive in the canal in Oxford once, that was niche (and pants)

hjghg5
    Free Member

My parents own a dive school in the Canaries. My sister and brother in law are also both instructors (but gave it up and got “proper” jobs in the UK when they wanted kids).

I did a try dive once…

cr500dom
    Free Member

Padi Open water, just really a recreational/holiday diver, something to do on holiday rather than sit round the pool.
    I love it, but I have way too many expensive hobbies that I don’t have time for as it is 😳
    Been to Sharm on the Red Sea the last couple of years and the diving available on the house reef was superb, or a short hop across to Tiran on the RIB.
    Didn’t get a chance to go further afield as didn’t want to be away from the family for too long (Non Divers)
    Will do my AOW next time hopefully

scrumfled
    Free Member

to answer the norway question, theres a few uk boats and also some swedish/noggy boats doing liveaboard.

Personally I’d use bob on the halton (google mv halton).

carlos
    Free Member

PADI AOW – Mrs Carlos bought me the OW pack for a Christmas present some yrs ago, passed, loved it and been diving in Wales, English Quarries, Irish Sea, Greece, Mexico, Cuba, Mauritius. Got around 100 or so dives under my belt, got to a point that it was interfering in riding – choice was ride or dive cos I didn’t’ have time to do both. Needless to say riding won. Sold all my gear bar the dive wrist computer, knife, mask, fins, snorkel and booties. Still dive but only in warmer water when on holiday and still love it.

DavidB
    Free Member

If any UK shore divers want a gentle ease back into it then let me know. We have a place in Brixham and I used to shore dive off the Breakwater quite a lot. The viz is usually pretty good and there’s a fair bit of life but main thing is it is dead safe. I’ve got all my kit down there now and will be looking to get back in in 2014

edhornby

@marin with Bob on the Gaelic Rose, a good few years ago now… we did the dive which has one wreck on the drop down with the tug underneath it, that was a cracking dive, including the rock that holed it that had the most amazing sealife on.

Did Scapa as well, that was great. saw a seagull at 15m chasing fish 🙂

budgierider67

I dived Scapa a couple of years ago & am going back again next year. Drove up from Birmingham with twinset & gear in the boot & my bike on the roof so I could ride Golspie, Fort William & the Lake District on the way home. That’s how you plan a road trip!
    Best diving has been the Normandy wrecks, Cocos Island and Julian Rocks for the shark action and Bonaire for the reefs. Regularly do Red Sea liveaboards though. Can’t beat them for value & a chilled out week.

greyman
    Free Member

My brother was an instructor for years in Oz, saw a shark fatality at Julian Rocks a number of years ago, involved in the rescue/recovery.
    I was visiting him a couple of months ago, and we went down to Byron Bay – had a look. Didn’t get in the water ! 😉

Marin
    Free Member

To edhornby. I used to work for Bob. I may have cooked your dinner in one of my previous lives. I was out there with him on a couple of trips. I do miss my Friday nights in Bergen. Did three years on the Rose.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘STW Scuba Divers?’ is closed to new replies.