• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by diz.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • STW Sailors.
  • KidDynamite
    Free Member

Is there anyone on here who is involved in sailing, yachts specifically, who can point me in the direction of a STW equivalent for sailing?

And is it breaking forum rules to post a link to a survey for people with this interest?

It would be to generate data for my university research project.

Thanks!

carbon337
    Free Member

try sailinganarchy.com

feel free email me a survey.

What you sailing. I sold my Melges 24 just over a year ago but have the fortune to sail another one regularly. Getting the urge to get myself into a B14 again soon.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

don’t know any forums like stw for yachts. but i do have a boat/yacht. feel free to email me your survey, email in my prof.

poly
    Free Member

there are various – but I’s say the forums at http://www.ybw.com would tick many boxes in being STW like:

– magazine with forum on the side (actually this is several mags from the same publisher) Depending on the content of your survery you’ll probably find their PBO and “Scuttlebutt” forums most relevant
    – mostly friendly
    – lots of people who seem to spend more time on the forum than doing their chosen activity
    – mostly over 30yr old men
    – most of the people probably aren’t as good at their sport as they want you to believe
    – has a separate “chat” forum (called the lounge) which is basically a series of highly repetitive arguments which come down to politics and immigration!

In fact the only obvious difference is they use a half decent forum package – but their admins are clueless so you still don’t get the best out of it!

clipper68
    Free Member

Hi mate, yep I’d agree with Sailinganarchy. I work for Clipper Ventures and if you post me your survey I can post it around my friends at work.

carbon337
    Free Member

Clipper – can you take me off their mailing list please then….just joking

diz

Happy to fill in your survey. email in profile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘STW Sailors.’ is closed to new replies.