Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • STW roof rack experts….
  • greentricky
    Free Member

Trying to fit a narrow roof box and two racks to the roof for going away and seems I can only get it to fit if I clamp on some fixtures outside of the feet. Been trying to google unsuccessfully, is this a big no no? Or non issue?

m0rk
    Free Member

Non-issue to me. One of my neighbours has just done that same thing this afternoon with my roofbox

Cougar

Dunno about Cruz, but I’m pretty sure on my Thule it said you could use the full length of the bar. That’s the whole point of them extending out rather than fitting flush.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

I always assumed Thule had designed their roof bike rack fittings to be just wider than the clamps holding the bars to the roof eliberately so that you can put things outside the clamps.

Cougar

That and they’re a universal fit, but yes.

greentricky
    Free Member

Well, they are universal fit, so it makes them wider than the feet as my car is narrow but it seemed to me it should be OK, for some reason was having doubts. Now I just feel silly.

zzrmatt
    Free Member

I’d make sure your handlebars on the bike don’t stick out beyond the wing mirrors. It can make for exciting noises when you forget the bikes at there and try and squeeze the car into a gap…

wobbliscott
    Free Member

looks fine to me.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘STW roof rack experts….’ is closed to new replies.