• This topic has 283 replies, 70 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ojom.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 284 total)
  • STW research club, I propose for the second subject building 7 9/11 event
  • loum
    Free Member

kaesae – Member
    Melting temperature of materials http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/melting-temperature-metals-d_860.html

carbon steel is 1425 = 1540 degC can anyone else confirm this info?

Not sure you’re looking for relevant info there, tbh. The steel does not have to be liquid to have lost strength and stiffness.
    Anyway, interesting choice of subject again. Good luck.

A good starting point maybe to try and get your head around Euler’s buckling formula for columns. It doesn’t take much to put them out of equilibrium and collapse to occur.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckling

Interested too in the explanation for the BBC early reporting. Anyone know?

druidh
    Free Member

OK. So it got hot, melted and collapsed. No explosives.

Why did the BBC report on WTC 7 having collapsed 15 minutes before it did so?

kaesae
    Free Member

Loum there is a lot of evidence that melting occurred in building no 7, if this is in fact the case, why did it occur?

joat

Steel doesn’t need to melt before it loses its strength, it’s an easy enough experiment to do if you’re willing to accept the result.

pjm84
    Free Member

Loony troll!

I generally say 800 – 1200 degrees plus for a fire. Depends on the fire load, fuel etc.

Floors structure was a concrete deck on a simple pin joint lattice beam onto an external frame . Probably not a full composite deck floor construction. More like part composite action.

Fire protection was sprayed vermiculite. Used widely in the 70/80s. Maybe 90mins protection. The stuff is quite easily damaged. That means all things being equal the structure will stay there for 90mins before losing STRUCTURAL INTEGRITY !

I remember a fire at a large food store in the 90s spreading across 5no 30min fire barriers (240min protection)in 20min. The building partially collasped but consider it was the weight of a light weight roof causing the collaspe and not concrete floors above as in the WTC.

Fire engineering in tall buildings is flawed. MOE (For the troll – Means of Escape) is problematic due to the height.

If you do fire engineer you point source the fire. Having numerous floors on fire is a little more than one would have allowed for.

Note also guidance is for MOE and not concerned with Building loss. Crown Fire Standard are slighty different as you and I pay for their replacement so the Standards also require a degree of propery protection.

But hey what do I know!

teasel
    Free Member

Why did the BBC report on WTC 7 having collapsed 15 minutes before it did so?

Ooh, ooh, Mr. Beasley! Time travel…

ThePinkster

kaesae – Member
    Melting temperature of materials http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/melting-temperature-metals-d_860.html

carbon steel is 1425 = 1540 can anyone else confirm this info?
    Steel doesn’t have to melt to become weak enough to collapse, especially with the mass pushing down on it that he top section of buildings would have provided, it only needs to get warm enough to soften.

I still don’t understand what the relation to a bike website is either. Surely there must be enough conspiracy forums for this to be raised on?

kaesae
    Free Member

The fires in building 7 don’t look that bad

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVHuAexB83w[/video]

Please ignore the rest of this footage except for the actual fires.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhfJhd6QL9o[/video]

These fires did not have the capacity to demolish the building they affected, however we are to believe that WTC 7 was so badly damaged by from what I have seen were small isolated fires, I have to question what is being proposed.

leffeboy

Is that your idea of not bad? It’s probably worse because you can’t see lots of flames coming out of the window, it means most of the burning is happening inside. I saw the inside of a burning flat once where there was no flames coming out of the window. It was an inferno inside

pjm84
    Free Member

Muppet!

The one in Madrid is a concrete frame! Stupid! You can clearly see it on the clip. So go and google Madrid / fire / tower block and concrete frame…….FFS

nwilko
    Free Member

try reading some of this….
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_World_Trade_Center

considering how many members of NY-FD were lost in the collapse of the twin towers, it would be somewhat incredulous to get the NY-FD on-side to fake their statements and withdrawl from WT7 due to their own observations..

Also take particular note regarding the key elements of poor foundation design / sub ground level void / structural weakness @ floor 5-7.

Regarding how severe the fire was observed in some footage in comparison to a structure twice the height of differing construction methods is of irrelevance.

Building damaged from falling materials from WT1&2 collapse.
    Buildings sub optimal foundation structure potentially suffers damage due to ground propogated shockwave from collapse of WT1&2.
    Building suffers further fire damage that goes largely unchecked.
    NY-FD observe bulging @ concern of structural integrity.
    NY-FD observe audible structural failure and move out.
    Building collpses in direction identified by Isacc Newton same as his apple.

Apart from the above im with you must be a conspiracy… 🙄

leffeboy

He’s had that link already but won’t read it because it has words not pictures

Please someone lock this 🙁

nwilko
    Free Member

which part of that days events are you hoping to find were a conspiracy / faked / act of god ???

given the day was a precursor to two completely miserable military campaings that will never achieve anything long term (sadly given the losses inflicted on our troops)

who was to gain from knocking down a chuffin huge building ?

much more intresting than trying to debate civil engineering & materials science..

Conspicary – who ?
    why ?
    to what gain ?

maybe it was the BBC ? they could have hidden all the paperwork that would have outed Jimmy Saville (and tarnished their reputation) so they flew it on concorde to NY hid it in WT7 and blew it up…

nwilko
    Free Member

He’s had that link already but won’t read it because it has words not pictures

:mrgreen:

Northwind

kaesae – Member

Loum there is a lot of evidence that melting occurred in building no 7

CITATION NEEDED

beej

nwilko/PJM84, those are just words you’ve posted. Only poorly made YouTube videos are acceptable evidence.

Everyone knows that. USADA are uploading theirs as I type.

druidh
    Free Member

If we’re all happy to accept that the collapses were caused by fires started as a result of the two aircraft crashing into the twin towers…

midlifecrashes

Don’t tell anyone, but I have the answer to how the BBC could tell the future. They had a real life time traveler working for them for decades. We should have known all along from his catchphrase:

kaesae
    Free Member

Fox also reported it before it happened

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHFdcPv3XXI[/video]

as well 😯

pjm84
    Free Member

maybe it was the BBC ? they could have hidden all the paperwork that would have outed Jimmy Saville (and tarnished their reputation) so they flew it on concorde to NY hid it in WT7 and blew it up…

😯

Its all fitting into place now. I’m pretty sure a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend saw him there at the time with……………

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think might know this one, Is it because they were wrong 💡
    the link says the area is completely sealed off and they had a report of a collapsed building that was wrong. If it had stayed intact they would have still been wrong as it is standing.
    Is this meant to be the only thing that was reported that day that was wrong . I fail to see how this proves or even says anything about why it collapsed. Could you explain that to me?

Either that or the BBC was part of the global conspiracy and released the news of it at the wrong time despite the timescale given by the lizard kings.

Ps have you an explanation for how they knew ?
    I imagine they had reports the fire crews left because it was structurally unsound and they feared collapse and they misheard it and then mis reported it as having collapsed rather than being expected to collapse?

leffeboy

Its all fitting into place now. I’m pretty sure a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend saw him there at the time with……………

… With lance. He had heard there was going to be drugs test and needed a distraction.

loum
    Free Member

Agree with druidh, that’s the bit I’d like to see a decent explanation for.
    Also, posters calling for the thread to be locked can easily ignore it and look elsewhere.

kaesae
    Free Member

Here’s the owner saying that the building was demolished?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPzAakHPpk&feature=related[/video]

On the TV, how do you explain that ❓

Also this is very interesting [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lESol88wOi0[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

No he doesn’t.

Northwind

BBC’s source was Reuters, Reuters’ source was local news. The likely explanation is that the fire service reported they were evacuating WTC7 as it had become unsafe and was likely to collapse, and that this got chinese whispered. Doesn’t require a conspiracy or ESP, just requires chaos and rolling news.

Has anyone ever given an explanation for why They wanted to demolish WTC7?

kaesae – Member

On the TV, how do you explain that

It’s easily explained by people hearing what they want to hear, not what is actually said.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think he means pull the firefighters out [ to protect life] unless of course you think they double as secret service demolition agents and they had the technical skills to blow it/pull it down ?

iain1775
    Free Member

Fire protection was sprayed vermiculite. Used widely in the 70/80s. Maybe 90mins protection. The stuff is quite easily damaged

Add to that that it was found from wreckage to have not been sprayed on properly/at all and that severe shortcuts where taken with fire protection during construction of the WTC buildings and estimates where down to about 40 minutes (from reports in New Civil Engineer magazine)
    US fire protection regs where significantly more lapse than UK and Europe pre 9-11 so apart from the different scenarios and building construction another reason it’s not comparable with Madrid

As for BBC reporting, they had a tip off from Doctor Who – just as far fetched a scenario as any conspiracy plot

And Larry Silverstein, did he not loose a fortune because of a lapsed or dishonoured insurance policy, some connection with NY Port Authority?
    (I may be wrong there but seem to recall something)

IanMunro
    Free Member

He mean pull it as in pull the fire service out.
    It’s not complicated unless you suffer from delusional paranoia of some sort.

kaesae
    Free Member

druidh – Member

kaesae » Here’s the owner saying that the building was demolished?

No he doesn’t.

Perhaps you are right druidh, so what does to pull a building that is damaged or unstable mean?

To someone who is in the building and property trade?

This is not having a go simply asking a question, from what I understand of the saying, it refers to the implosion and subsequent vacuum that is used to collapse a building in on it’s self and not damage surrounding buildings?

However perhaps there is another meaning?

druidh
    Free Member

Junkyard and IanMunro have already explained what “Pull It” refers to. It means to pull out the rescue/fire effort.

pjm84
    Free Member

Tell me about it….. contractors.

Kaesae – You watch too much Youtube – get out and ride your bike to free your mind.

Northwind

See, the thing I really like about conspiracy theorists, is that they don’t mind contradictions in their own pet theories- and the “controlled demolitions” are a great example of that.

So you have this theory that they were demolished by explosives- there’s some eyewitness reports to support that, and some claim that the seismographs also prove it.

But at the same time, there is also the theory that they were demolished by thermite- which helps get round the lack of evidence for explosions, and is supported by claims of abnormal melting in the structures.

But even if you think these are both plausible, obviously they can’t both be right, they’re competing theories. But that’s OK, because if one smoking gun is good, then 2 must be better, right?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It means here i am on telly being broadcast and I am part of global conspiracy to start a war so when I say something I will just give it away that we are blowing it up as part of a global plan. I was only playing before of course this is what it means

Thank god the fire fighters were in on it too and had the skills to demolish it…they thought of everything except for not telling us what they were doing ….how foolish

pjm84
    Free Member

In military we use to say: – pull out / bug out / prepare to move / on me (not literally)/ hit the top of one’s head, point and do the running fingers.

All these mean were going to move position. Not were moving home, looking for bugs, requesting sexual favours, or suffering with hair loss worries.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kaesae – You watch too much Youtube – get out and ride your bike to free your mind.

He can’t. His bearings are ****.

Muke
    Free Member

piemonster

piemonster – Member
    piemonster – Member

@Kaiser
    or whatever
    All these terrible things you are fretting about, apart from STW. What are you doing about them?

Any danger of you answering this question?

When your ready Kaese

loum
    Free Member

stalker 😉

Woody
    Free Member

Good grief…. Do you know anything about materials engineering??. Utterly bizarre as usual. (Kaesae I mean)

It’s an interesting video to watch (see link on ‘other’ thread) and contains some interesting info from people who most definitely do know about structural engineering, metallurgy, demolition etc.

Surprised kaesae would bother bringing it up again when there are numerous other conspiracies to get stuck into!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 284 total)

The topic ‘STW research club, I propose for the second subject building 7 9/11 event’ is closed to new replies.