Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)
  • STW Purbecks Ride 25th April
  • sharki
    Free Member

Where’s my shortbread mr knott?

knottie8
    Free Member

I ate yours and it was lovely !

sharki
    Free Member

*dances nekid some more*

Rex
    Free Member

looks like you had great weather (i’ve been stalking knottie’s fotopic site for a sneaky preview). nice stack by the chap on the genesis – knottie you’re getting like one of those paparazzi who follow ambulances 😯 😉

knottie8
    Free Member

http://paul-knott.fotopic.net/c1687852.html about 100 pics on that link…

saladdodger
    Free Member

That looks like you had a stunning day 😀

Wish I was there to 🙁

Anna-B
    Free Member

Yay, ace pics as always knottie!
    Had a fab day out people lovely I wanted to take everyone home but my flat’s not big enough and we’d probably all end up arguing and so on reflection I’ll just stick to STW forum rides.
    Thanks all for coming along and making the day so special 8)

the pub

knottie ali and my bike

ali ate all the shortbread!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ali ate all the shortbread!

and she has a good line in awful face making :o)

Anna-B
    Free Member

a good line in awful face making

Yeah and we ? her for it 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

nice stack by the chap on the genesis

😳

I’m blaming Knottie though for pointing the camera in my face, and putting me off! Nothing to do with my crap line choice whatsoever… 😉

Got a nice bit of skin missing from my left hip area for my troubles too. Ah well, it happens… Was a very good ride though!

Oh, and my apologies to everyone (those I already know and those I was just meeting for the first time) if I seemed a little bit distant and untalkative. Can assure you all this is not normally the case, but I received a bad news text message about an hour into the ride that really put me in quite a sombre mood for the rest of the day. It happens I suppose, sorry if you got the impression I was a bit of a grumpy bugger cos usually I’m anything but!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Makes me all the more jealous. I turned up to say hello and was SO tempted to tag along anyway. Had to spend the day babysitting a 4 and 8 year old instead which was fun in a whole different way.

Hope to see you all in August at a really special event.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Brave voyagers to a foreign land…

HTTP404
    Free Member

I’ve got some photos I can hopefully put on later.
    Thanks to the rider who gave me a powerlink.

oldfart

who’s the rider in the washing machine ?

Rex
    Free Member

mboy, yeah i worry that knottie’s camera sometimes has a tractor-beam effect that aims me toward the ground! i manage to break free most of the the time, but i know a massive caught-on-camera stack is long overdue 😯 , no doubt on a river crossing. hope the bad news doesn’t spoil your sunday too.

so, where’s the next big SW-STW group ride…?looks like i should try and get along to one…

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Liking the photos. Its a bit grey and cloudy here this morning, so i think we were lucky with the weather. Every one get home in one piece?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Mmmmm Shortbread

aleigh
    Free Member

and she has a good line in awful face making :o)

well someone has to have a sense of humour now don’t they barnes? 😉 😆

thanks again to anna and rich for a superb day yesterday, i had a great time! and a special thanks to knottie for accompanying me on several walks 😆

knottie8
    Free Member

Steve
    You really must turn up for one of these group rides (Anna always carrys cake). Much as I love the Qs this route was outstanding and I will be going back. Its rides like this one that get me through the week !

sharki
    Free Member

would it ok on a 36/16? i’ll join you gnottie..

knottie8
    Free Member

Shane
    you would love it ! I thought the first half was SSable for me but then it went steep ! No cream tea mind you . Anyway I missed taking Mike to the rally(to do this ride) but he managed to get a day with a rally support crew he took some great pics and got his hands dirty.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

how many of you were there in the end?

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Started with about 20, finished with 14 i think. A few dived off early.

dobo
    Free Member

There were also 7 in the faster group, was a fantastic route & fantastic weather, thanks to the the guys who lead the group.

Non of us had proper cameras apart from mobiles though which was a bit of an epic fail!
    Think thats me in http404 washing machine shot above moments before i bailed out of a crash on the 2nd run, we did it twice 🙂

DrP entertained us with 5ft drops and one had wheelies n stuff with another guy, got a pic on my camera, but cant get it off!

DrP can you email me the gpx route, thanks

What time were you guys/gals at the pub, as we would have liked to have met up with you all? and what time you finish?

Anna-B
    Free Member

Hey Dobo, nice to meet you although briefly! Glad you enjoyed the fast route, we had great fun. Only thing to make it better would have been to meet up with you guys for lunch, nevermind though, next time. We missed you by 5 mins at the S & C in Worth, got chatting to the Dorset Rough Rider lot, and they said. We got back to the car park for about 6.15 I think. We seemed to have quite a lot of food stops, the last one being to bomb up a hill to buy ice cream just before the shop shut 🙂 That rocky track is fun isn’t it…?! Robin and Chris who led your group enjoyed it too, I love days like yesterday.

cinnamon_girl

Huge thanks to RichPenny and Annabananna – what a great day with beautiful scenery, lots of lovely people and lots of laughs.

Liked the pics Knottie and again I must apologise for my unladylike language when I got rather intimate with some stones 😳

mboy – hope you’re not too sore today.

Sorry we didn’t see the other group and very disappointed to have missed DrP in action – he’s da man with da skillz 😀

When’s the next one then??

Anna-B
    Free Member

Here are the rest of my photos. Click pic for gallery

2 of the gallery photos have dots instead of titles. I keep giving them terribly amusing captions but the changes never save…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Well apparently there is an event in August where you can all meet up but we will have to arrange another ride before then. I had to wave good bye at the ferry to Godfatherly duties.

DrP

Hey y’all! A massive thanks to Anna and Rich for organising another great STW get together!
    Although our company parted early on in the ride (at the start as the groups split!), it was still nice to see all the bikers there at the start.

A big shout out to the 2 chaps who led our group, and nice to spend time chatting to Dobo and HTTP404 🙂
    To the other guy on the mental whyte – kudos for doing the whole ride and me realising you had only a front brake at the pub stop!

Being local to the area, but never ridden such great trails, I must insist on another purbecks ride in the coming months!

Dodo – i’ve emailed you the gps route (you have memory map right?) – if anyone else wants a copy of the route us speedsters took, give us a shout!

DrP

rOcKeTdOg

thanks to Anna and Rich (id did txt thanks but not sure if i got the number right) we did a short cut as the other half was struggling a bit (only her 2nd proper off road ride though, so not too shabby) we did the route to sir harry, tried real ales in the nearby pub and had a great time, pics uploading now

moreupsthandowns
    Free Member

BIG Thanks to Anna n Rich!

Really enjoyed the company, scenery and riding. I can now start putting faces to the forum names. Count me in on the next one!

MUTD’s

rOcKeTdOg

here’s a ‘taste’-r

cinnamon_girl

A legend 😀

rOcKeTdOg
    RichPenny
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone for coming, great day out for us all it seems. Cheers to the locals who helped out with our guiding and rather loose sense of direction!

Looking forward to seeing more of this sort of thing on the forum. It’s so nice to meet likeminded people for cake eating and talking bollocks about bikes.

Rockedog, might have to earmark the scone location for the next ride, they look lush!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Nice work with the camera rocketdog.

Anyone who fancies some more of this, let us know when you’re coming down and i’ll try and rustle up a posse. Unless its rainy and windy in which case you can go on yer own.

rOcKeTdOg

45 degree leaning to stay upright past the obelisk was fun! what’s it like on a windy day??

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

With a strong easterly, its not only freezing, but you have to pedal your hardest to try to get down to old harry (horizontal rain and granny ring down hill anyone?).

rOcKeTdOg

i can also reccomend the cakes in the model village and cafe in corfe

warm Dorset apple cake 🙂

HTTP404
    Free Member

Impressive riding guys and top skills.

DrP

Chris

I’ve placed the rest of the pictures **here**.
    They’re not much but armed with a camera phone I didn’t expect too much.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘STW Purbecks Ride 25th April’ is closed to new replies.