Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • STW pie experts
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

what pies with as little as possible of that weird jelly stuff that makes me imagine dog food?

yodagoat
    Free Member
    binners

Specifically Pork pies Phil?

captaincarbon
    Free Member

The jelly is the best bit!

binners

Got to agree with the captain

Anyway… you shouldn’t be asking us. This is a gilt-edged opportunity to check out every local butcher and baker within a 15 mile radius.

Your time starts….. NOW!!!!

😀

wwaswas

I just googled ‘fist pie’ after one of ton’s favourite sayings.

I rather wish I hadn’t now.

totalshell

at my classic bike club we hold a little pie club once a month.. we ve had sweet and savoury.. mostly cold but i once turned up and offered hot pie and peas/ mint sauce in the middle of a wood one fine sunday a.m.

the jelly is an essential in your pork pie.. preferably runny

Jamie
    Free Member

PTFU, Phil.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Do they do savoury pies in the US?

piemonster

yodagoat – Member
    http://www.piesbypost.co.uk/

Excellent pies, was there quite recently.

The website is obviously a bit naff and doesn’t do justice the wondrous creations on offer

philconsequence
    Free Member

its the jelly bit that’s put me off pies for most of my life, recently i’ve discovered, and dont hurt me for admitting this, the tescos mini pork pies are very low jelly and quite tasty for a cheap pork pie… was wondering if there’s any that are zero jelly? why is it even in there?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Make your own!

pudd
    Free Member

Chippy pies!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Think of the jelly like you would a substrate that underpins all matter in the universe. You might like it more that way. 🙂

zokes
    Free Member

3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209494459230781640628620899862803482534211706798214808651328230664709384460955058223172535940812848111745028410270193852110555964462294895493038196442881097566593344612847564823378678316527120190914564856692346034861045432?

philconsequence
    Free Member

nope, its the same stuff i used to fork out the dog food cans when we decided the dogs deserved a treat and got tinned food instead of gravel.

you jelly eaters…. you’re the kinda sick individuals who eat the wet fat on undercooked bacon or the fatty bits from the meat in a roast meal aren’t you?! you disgust me.

logical
    Free Member
    binners

Oh!!! My!!! God!!! He’s mentioned a major supermarket pork pie as a benchmark.

glenh
    Free Member

Wtf? Why would you want a pie without jelly?

Jelly is what makes such pies full of awesome.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Cheap tesco pork pies are made form bacon.. Bite into any pork pie and the filling is pink then its made from bacon..

grey filling = Proper Pork PIE!

That said I used to make and sell my own when I was butchering, customers used to queue out of the door for them when they were hot! Dont think i often had many left to sell cold.

The hole in the top of a decent pork pie is there to pour the jelly into once baked, to fill the gap left by the shrinkage of the meat when cooked…… mmmmmmmmm pies!!!!!!

philconsequence
    Free Member

but the gap is good for ensuring the pastrythingy the meats wrapped in goes nice and crispy surely?

bacon’s not a bad thing

NOMNOMNOM

emsz
    Free Member

You boys do know it’s dog food right? 😆

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle..

Armadillo anyone? 😀

philconsequence
    Free Member

emsz understands me!

binners

I suggest you both go and sit in the corner and have a think about what it is you’ve said. And if this behavior continues…

Torminalis
    Free Member

You boys do know it’s dog food right?

What’s wrong with dog food? I have tried all of the foods my dog eats and some of them are not bad!

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Stuff the diet…im off home for a Pork Pie lunch with some hot Piccalilly!

philconsequence
    Free Member

oh and whilst i’m being honest, i have to cross the road to avoid walking past those ‘greggs’ shops, the smell always has, and continues to, make me physically gag. BLEUGH!

philconsequence
    Free Member

What’s wrong with dog food? I have tried all of the foods my dog eats and some of them are not bad!

still got half a big old tub of it at mine dude so no need to bring any with you tomorrow night!

emsz
    Free Member

Or you’ll spank me! 8)

Dog food dog food dog food…

binners

Phillip. I’m very disappointed!

Emsz….

philconsequence
    Free Member

i cant help it binbin! i washed my porkpie down with carrots and sweet chilli whomoose because i felt so dirty.

didn’t grow up with pies 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

anyone using pork as the bench mark for a pie needs their mouths washing out

steak pies fae flemmings the butcher are where its at.

even their scotch pies are streets ahead of pork pies.

Then theres the pie butty – take said steak pie , heat it in microwave if its not already warm.

stick the pie into a fresh floury bap

squirt on a dollop of tommy K and eat …. LOVELY

binners

didn’t grow up with pies

?

I’d have got Social Services involved. Its tantamount to child abuse

Cougar

Or you’ll spank me!

Dog food dog food dog food…

You’re a very naughty girl. Go straight to my room.

philconsequence
    Free Member

my parents used to joke, i say joke… but it always came across as more than that, that they’d call social services from a phonebox to report themselves so that we would be taken away for the summer holidays.

also, i never had a games console and we never had crisps in the house.

binners

Never had crisps in the house? That’s just cruelty! We’re here for you Phil

BristolPablo
    Free Member

http://www.pieminister.co.uk is what keeps Bristol going….

Kuco

Not that impressed with Pieminister pie’s. Favourite at the moment is M&S shortcrust steak pie.

Solo
    Free Member

Phish Pie. Phil your gullet.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘STW pie experts’ is closed to new replies.