Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • STW Oven repair: How do i get at the selector switch… (Baumatic Electric oven)
  • Olly
    Free Member

Evening All!

Our oven gave up a day or two ago.
    It had a wobble a few months ago, and a man came and quoted us a billion pounds (or thereabouts) to do the work. Having got it going ourselves, i am pretty certain what is wrong with it, why, and what i need to do. But i cant get at the selector switch. the damn thing is built like an iPhone.

So its a Baumatic BT2710SS. None of the images will let me post them here, but a google image search gets it.

Due to a poor design, the selector switch has got gunked up. It is held onto the face panel with bolts, but i cannot for the life of me see how to get the face panel off, the face panel appears to be screwed into the top (range) bit from behind perhaps, which doesnt appear to lift off as all the gas is plumbed in with rigid pipe.
    I cant “take all the screws out and see what happens) as the screws hold the switches in, and i dont want to loose them into the body!

Any bright sparks know how to getthe facia off to replace the controls?

Cheers!

Me

Olly
    Free Member

From the back. Fixed it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘STW Oven repair: How do i get at the selector switch… (Baumatic Electric oven)’ is closed to new replies.