Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)
  • STW Northern Meet @ Hamsterley
  • miketually
    Free Member

Anyone still interested in STW Northern Meet @ Hamsterley?

MTT
    Free Member

I will ask around.

Raouligan
    Free Member

If I’m oop at my folks by any chane I’ll have a ride over, only if there’s some ggod bits though, so no red or black route ;0)

ton

mike, i am mate, just not this or next weekend,
    scotland this w/e and whinlatter next. 8)

miketually
    Free Member

Won’t be for a while, as I’m snowed under with coursework marking at the moment. End of May/June time.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Possibly Mike although it is Brizzle Bikefest that sort of time, if I’m up I’ll drop you a line about some miles.

nodrog2
    Free Member

I’d be up for it. Special K should be finished by then as well.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Count me in..

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I’m in.

Terra

Maybe if we’re on the right shift, we were there today, me, your bro in law Simon and Smogmonster. Did the Doctor’s Gate track (a bit wrecked by 4×4’s) and some variations on the black route shown to us by a friendly local.

Is Special K the new bit of the black route which cuts out the fireroad bit from the downhill huts?

ton

mike, like they said in the film ‘BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME’….. 😀

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Tony – where are you in Scotland this weekend? We’re up in Dalbeattie Friday, Kirroughtree Saturday and Ae Sunday morning before heading back down to Yorkshire…

miketually
    Free Member

Brizzle Bikefest is the same weekend as SSUK, I think, so I’d be avoiding that weekend anyway. I’ll post some potential dates nearer the time, but it’s always going to clash with something at that time of year.

I’ll sort out a route that takes in some of the unmarked stuff 🙂

ton

DaveyBoyWonder
    same as you mate.
    but mabie on sunday, doing some cheeky stuff 8)
    where are you staying, newton stewart?????

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ah, Mabie is our usual Sunday morning ride but last year it was rubbish so we’re doing Ae instead.

Not got the Cotic anymore so going to be happy to give the new Blur a good pasting around Kirroughtree!

Staying just outside Dumfries. I’ll stop for a chat if I see you – last time I saw you was Hebden when you had half your shirt hanging off and you looked as if you’d just had a good kicking!

dr_death
    Free Member

MEEEEEE!

Filthy
    Free Member

Me too, quite enjoyed Hamsterley last time I was over there.

colnagokid

Keep us informed, I could be tempted 😉

father
    Free Member

Sounds like a good idea, we could try to find any remenants of the course used for ssuk06

nodrog2
    Free Member

Part of special K, a new bit of black under construction

miketually
    Free Member

we could try to find any remenants of the course used for ssuk06

There was a bit of singletrack put in just for that (at the top of that horrible steep ‘climb’).

dr_death
    Free Member

Nodrog – I am so gonna fall off that!

RustySpanner

Mike,

Will be there with some friends on 18th/19th April, camping at High Shipley.

If anyone else fancies joining us for a bimble they would be more than welcome. Mixed ability group, should be something for everyone!

Have been told that the pub in the village is OK for food and the Moorcock in Egleston has been recommended also.

Any more tips?

dr_death
    Free Member

This still gonna go ahead??

Mugboo

I might be up for it if its a sunday, got a mate up that way

lowey

Tick.

fatgit
    Free Member

Mike
    Me, Deejay and some of the others could be interested depending on when it is.
    Cheers
    Steve

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i could be into this.
    not been to hamsterley for over 15 years, and my parents live half an hour up the road from it so it’d be rude not to…

badblood
    Free Member

I am happy to join in, although there will be a fair bt of waiting around for me at the top. There is plenty of stuff off the waymarked trails and you never know, section 13 might be finished by then. Just let me know when it is.

dickydutch

Id be up for it. I’d be driving from newcastle if anyone else was heading down….

miketually
    Free Member

Anyone want to suggest some dates that don’t clash with anything major?

lowey

19th July.

miketually
    Free Member

19th July

I think I’m in the Lakes that weekend (first weekend of the school holidays?). The week after, I’m in London and we’re into the school holidays proper so a lot of people will probably be away.

miketually
    Free Member

What about July 12th? There’s a club ride on then that I’m leading anyway.

colnagokid

Any Sunday for me, tho after 5 weeks off the bike I’ll be at the back! (1st ride yesterday, paying for it today with a very sore shoulder!)

Kahurangi

I’m Northumberland and never been to hamsterley (elderberries!) so could be up for this. July is good as the missus is working every weekend then so I’m scot free.

Drac

19th is a possibility but probably have a works do the night before which means I’ll not be fit to ride on the 19th.

lowey

Mike, I’d say just close your eyes and stab a calender with your finger. Whatever date you pick someone will be let down.

miketually
    Free Member

Ok, July the 12th it is. Who’s in?

white101

I’m fine for 12th.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘STW Northern Meet @ Hamsterley’ is closed to new replies.