Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)
  • STW Grand National Sweepstake – anyone?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

bongo, I believe the race will be run tomorrow whether we do our little sweepstake or not. We’re not giving the bookies our money. I also understand that perhaps sweepstakes encourage the whole carnival around the event and that objections based on what I’m doing here may have some validity. I get that.

Y’know, I’m kinda torn myself these days on national hunt horse racing – indeed I’ve been fairly anti the GN in the past. I dunno…thought this might be a way to have a bit of a giggle and raise a few quid. (Not that I’m having much success, mind 🙂 ) I really don’t want to go and argue about it now. I’m sure there will be thread fighting about it tomorrow. If not, then feel free to start one.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Apologies Mr C. You’re down!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dd I am sure we can think of a way to go ahead – 2 picks each for £5 ? You can round my entry down if needed

Mods – sorry for that

Stoner
    Free Member

and I’m good for another nag if you need the numbers.

Bregante

Me too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dd just try and make it work – I could do more if needed

IHN

Money sent, I’ll have two

jim25

I’ll take 2 will send money now

jim25

Done

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Awesome guys. Will sort out draw shortly.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ooo have we hit the magic 220 yet? I’m not liking all these others taking on two horses it’s making me feel nervous…

dannybgoode

G’wan. I’ll send over another skiver for a second ‘oss. All for a good cause and that…

Edit: Done

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheers dannybgoode.

Just adding up who’s paid what. If anybody didn’t add their STW login as part of the PPG payment, please do so.

Barring iT problems, the winnings and donations should be done by February 2017.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is draw master whatshisname Witham at darcy towers to adjudicate the safety and fairness of the draw?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m afraid you’ll just have to trust me on that one wrighty. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was it your mate with the initials RC wrighty?

wrightyson
    Free Member

No mate I didnt tell him. It was only if we fell short. No idea who that is?

bearnecessities

Ah, sorry, that would be me.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah, ok bear! Thanks…thought I recognised the name but couldn’t tie it in with a login. You’re in then! 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Roight, including myself, we have 19 entries (that includes the double high rollers).

O’Faoláins Boy has pulled out leaving 43 runners.

If we could get two more entries, I’ll close it meaning we have 42 horse covered and I’ll draw one for All-Proceeds-To-Charity…if everyone is happy with that.

Mr_C
    Free Member

Are you sure there are 43 runners? Five live reporting only 39.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Whaaa?

Hang on, I’ll check…was only going by the BBC page.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Right…indeed, we are at 39. So double entries for everyone leaves 1 horse for All-Proceeds-To-Charity if everyone’s happy with that. Cheers for the heads-up Mr_C.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Without meaning to sound dim does that mean I now have 4 horses in the running? If so all bets are now closed! Get it on dd!!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just about to hit the pedals, will I find out my horses before I set off or will IT problems keep me guessing?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, high rollers have 4 horses wrighty. I’ll email horse picks to email addresses from PayPal emails, and post them here.

Bregante

Just sent you my second fiver dd.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Woo…we’re there then. I had myself down for 2 entries (4 horses), but I’ll just take the 1 (2 horses) now.

Just cutting horse names from newspaper now. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Horsenames went in pot, ruffled around by hand. They were drawn by alphabetical forum login. Full complement of horses was drawn for each name i.e. if you put £10 in, four horses were drawn at once. The last horse in the pot was drawn for All-Proceeds-To-Charity.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

So, in alphabetical order we have:

bearnecessities
    Rule The World
    Sir Des Champs

binners
    Many Clouds
    Ballynagour

Bregante
    Hadrians Approach
    Buywise
    Vics Canvas
    Just A Par

dannybgoode
    Aachen
    The Last Samuri
    Saint Are
    Double Ross

deadlydarcy
    Vieux Lion Rouge
    Wonderful Charm

IHN
    Le Reve
    Katenko
    Morning Assembly
    The Druids Nephew

jambalaya
    Ucello Conti
    Pendra
    Gilgamboa
    Goonyella

jaylittle
    Unioniste
    Triolo D’Alene

Jim25
    Soll
    The Romford Pele
    Silviniaco Conti
    Boston Bob

Mr_C
    Black Thunder
    On His Own

sadmadalan
    Ballycasey
    Kruzhlinin

Stoner
    Rocky Creek
    First Lieutenant

wrightyson
    Shutthefrontdoor
    Gallant Oscar
    Home Farm
    Onenightinvienna

All Proceeds To Charity
    Holywell

Thanks everyone, especially those who stuck an extra fiver in to push up entries. I’ll try and get it started earlier in the week next year.

The draw was independently adjudicated by my cats and no reversals can be made. I will not take any responsibility for broken tellies when you throw your shoes at it as your horse falls.

I’ll try and get the Horse Names emailed out to everyone in the next few hours in case anyone isn’t on the forum before the race.

Right…STARTERS ORDERS. 😀

bearnecessities

Nice. Cheers for organising.

Bregante

I’ll be quids in if buywise wins.. I’ve got that in the sweep at work too! 😀

jaylittle
    Free Member

Good effort mate.

binners

Many Clouds!

BOOM!

Cheers Bravisimo!

😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just back from some pedals. Excitedly log straight in. First horse on my list I’ve already backed properly in the race. The other two of the other three in with a shout. Good work sir good work!
    Oh and not wanting h to sound mercenary what’s in the pot now? I need to decide what to spend it on 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

19 x £5 – so £95.

£45 to charidee, £25 and £15 and £10 for 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

Not great winnings…sorry. Should have started the thread earlier in the week really. I’ll stick the extra fiver with the £45 to make it up to £50 for charity.

I’m assuming that sticking it in the #jennride just giving page is ok with everybody?

Bregante

Great!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup all good with me.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Good call on the jennride.

dannybgoode

Are any of mine any good?!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘STW Grand National Sweepstake – anyone?’ is closed to new replies.