Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • STW for Triathlons
  • mogrim

What’s the STW equivalent for triathlons? Quite fancy trying one sometime next year (ie when it warms up!), and will no doubt have 1000s of stupid questions which could be easily solved with a little tactical lurking on a decent forum.

Don’t care if it’s UK based or not, if that makes a difference.

RealMan
    Free Member

Replace swimming with driving, cycling with cycling slowly, and running with anything involving a pub.

Although I have heard of MTB triathlons if that’s what you mean.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Are they trailquests or something? canoe, mtb, x-country run.

mogrim

Not what I meant at all! I meant a similar forum to STW, something that doesn’t take itself too seriously, but dedicated to triathlons instead of MTB.

mogrim

Although a trailquest / raid thing could be quite a laugh.

RealMan
    Free Member

You want to meet triathletes who don’t take themselves seriously.

😕

mogrim

Ah, you may have a point there. Surely there must be some that take the sport seriously, but not themselves?

oldgit
    Free Member

Yeah that’s what I thought 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I fancy trying one next year too.

mogrim, in what part of the country are you? If anywhere near the SW, badtri (Bristol and District triathlon) have a good website. They might have a forum.

mogrim

mogrim, in what part of the country are you?

Madrid 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Madrid

😆

Ok, so badtri is still a decent website anyway 😛

cudubh

mogrim,

Try tritalk.co.uk. I am sure the same principles will apply in Spain. I have done a couple of triathlons (very slowly) and found it quite useful. They are focussed on on-road ones rather than MTB ones although you do get the occasional thread on one of the forums (should that be fora?)about MTB ones. There are regular posts of the type – I am new to triathlon, what do I need to know or do and they always get a sympathetic response.

mogrim

Cheers, I’ll check out both tritalk and badtri. I was planning on doing a road based one anyway, although I might give an MTB duathlon one a go too.

richmars

Always fancied a go at bog snorkelling, and they do a triathlon:
    Here

mogrim

bog snorkelling

I’m slightly surprised there isn’t a British Weird Rural Sports Olympics, you could chuck in coal carrying and cheese rolling, and you’d be done…

nickc
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Aunt Sally Forum

The home of Oxfordshire’s sport of champions. Doesn’t look like it quite has the activity level of STW though.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Done two – one off road, one open water swim, road cycle and run. Very enjoyable indeed!

mogrim

Rule 42 applies I think

Amusing, but quite a lot of those rules are there to be broken 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

I actually think only a couple of them are to be broken, I agree with the vast majority!

I’ve done a few off-road ones and a road one, there are quite a few on here who have. They’re more ‘all inclusive’ than MTB races over here at least, a lot of people really are just there to complete, whilst virtually everyone at an XC race is there to win! Just turn up and have fun, you won’t come last.

PaulMcG

There also newbie orientated Tri forums associated with the 220 Magazine and Runners World magazines – links from their websites.

MTB Off-road Triathlon Sir?.

Walk this way…… http://www.durtytriathlon.com – it’s usually the day before the Selkirk Merida/CRC and 20mins from Selkirk + Innerleithen. Oh, I organise it!.

Cheers

Paul

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘STW for Triathlons’ is closed to new replies.