Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • STW Doctors……. My wee sore arm.
  • Neil-F
    Free Member

I have a docs appointment next week, but I’m looking for any opinions of what might be up.
    My arm has been sore for about 4 weeks now, not excrutiating, just kinda achy. It was becoming weaker and weaker on a recent Glentress trip, and by the end of the day was pretty painful.
    Its mostly the upper arm and around my elbow, it initially felt like I’d pulled a muscle in my bicep area. It doesn’t really affect me lifting or pushing/pulling anything, its actually worse when I’m sitting relaxed or lying in bed. I can’t lie on that side either. It is more painful when I try to straighten my arm above my head, as if stretching.
    any ideas?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Gammy Arm Syndrome.

robhughes
    Free Member

Tennis….I mean bikers elbow… 😉

Neil-F
    Free Member

Tennis elbow? Hmmm… someone else mentioned that to me.
    I don’t even have my own bat!

robhughes
    Free Member

Hahaha.Is it like tooth ache but like inside your elbow.?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Tennis Elbow I reckon. I had it and it was bloody painful. Finding a position it didn’t hurt in when going to sleep could be challenging sometimes

beckykirk43
    Free Member

If you straighten your arm out in front of you and then bend your wrist back, adding resistance with the other hand does that hurt? (I’m told that’s one of the best tests for tennis elbow…).

Whatever it is I sympathise, I had “tennis elbow surgery” for “not really tennis elbow” a couple of months ago (having been in pain for quite some time) and it still hurts. No one seems to know why!

dr_death
    Free Member

Not convinced by the Tennis elbow idea, but difficult with the limited info. When you say it sore when you lift it above your head, what exact movement are you describing??

Twin
    Free Member

Bad AIDS. Or Ebola. Or both. Definitely both.

philconsequence
    Free Member

you will die, can i have your bike?

glupton1976
    Free Member

Stab in the dark. Nerve problem somewhere in your neck, shoulder or upper arm area. Not tennis elbow I wouldn’t think.

mulv1976
    Free Member

More info needed. Any pins and needles, numbness in hand/arm? Does holding your arm out at 90 degrees cause pain into shoulder/arm/neck? Any neck movements aggravate the pain? Does gripping objects aggravate it? Do you have full shoulder movement?

Its pointless trying to diagnose it in here tbh. Go see an expert if you are worried.

DrP

Gammy Arm Syndrome.

Definitely – it’s going ’round at the moment….

DrP

(Needs to be examined properly, TBH. Email me your arm and I’ll have a look at it…)

Drac

As said can’t be done online, a Minor Injuries unit or Walk n Centre would have been my choice of pathway.

mulv1976
    Free Member

Bad AIDS

Lol. Brings back memories of brass eye. A visit to 4od when I get home I think…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘STW Doctors……. My wee sore arm.’ is closed to new replies.