Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • STW Dales Ride – photo’s & post ride gossip
  • mrsflash
    Free Member

That was Dorset Apple cake, I could tell you the recipe, but then I’d have to kill you. (that was the one you had SFB)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I could tell you the recipe, but then I’d have to kill you. (that was the one you had SFB)

I think I may be spared killage as “recipes” are an unknown to me. I have mastered heating without burning (often), and that’s enough like cooking for me :o)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

What route did you guys end up doing Simon ?

Langcliffe, Gorbeck Road, Black Hill, Steets/Street Gate [road 🙁 ], High Cote Moor, Hawkswick Cote, Kilnsey, Mastiles, Malham Moor, Boss Moor, Winterburn, The Weets, Smearbottoms Lane (Yay!), Mastiles, Low Trenhouse, Langscar Gate, Grizedales, Stockdale Lane, Lambert Lane, Fish Copy Barn (33 miles)

marsdenman
    Free Member

pah, pah and tripple PAH!

only saw the post about the ride last on Friday – too short notice to make arrangements – and, TBH, fitness still such that i’d probably only just be finishing 😳

Tomorrow commuting to work and back returns – had too much fun on the first Dales ride to miss another….
    Chris

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

only saw the post about the ride last on Friday

say WHAT?? We’d been chuntering on about it for nearly a MONTH :o)
    °

DeeJay
    Free Member

Deejay, dont forget to let me know about the NYM’s

Going to test out a potential route on Thursday – will let you know.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

NYM = the back of beyond :o)
    I expect you can find us something exciting – the NYM riding I’ve done has been rather bland – probably due to ignorance and lack of local knowledge.

Vortexracing

I’m surprised Ton hasn’t been on with some sarky comments.

I bet it was just lovely shopping yesterday in all that heat. 🙂

Anybody heard from the guys with the broken chain, did they get back OK?

TrevorB

The broken chain boys got back, they had borrowed fatgit’s shoes, they were where we agreed for them to be left.

Great pictures BTW.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hurrah – at least one member of STW has a life!

lowey

The broken chain boys got back

Excellent!

I’m surprised Ton hasn’t been on with some sarky comments.

I was wondering the same Dave.

Bunnyhop

Will there be another ride soonish, for us ‘cough’ slower and not long distance riders? I wanted to come but the length scared me off.

Those cakes look amazing.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

for us ‘cough’ slower and not long distance riders … Those cakes look amazing.

uh, you have to earn that cake :o)

ton

did someone call me………….
    i had a great morning in primark, claires, debenhams, house of frazer, harvey nicks, boots, carphone warehouse, zara, h+m, gap, top shop……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. 😥

Vortexracing

Just having a 2nd flick through lowey’s photo’s and I had completely forgot about these guys

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=yzclv1&outx=1024&quality=70

Great sight to see, full family out in the Dales on a sunny Sunday. Kids all sorted on proper bikes with all the right kit, helmets, pads etc.

‘get em started early’

marsdenman
    Free Member

Simon Ralli – Member

Hurrah – at least one member of STW has a life!

POSTED 53 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

looking at my STW acct my last post before this weekend was 3 weeks ago, be about the same time since I so much as lurked amongst these hallowed pages…

Vortexracing

Bugger!! why can’t I link to fotopic?

pennine
    Free Member

Delete ‘new’ in newimages

Vortexracing

cheers

lowey

Oi, Granville, was it you I noticed near Street Gate on Sunday ?

lowey

Will there be another ride soonish, for us ‘cough’ slower and not long distance riders? I wanted to come but the length scared me off.

Watch this space… currently sorting out the next one. Will post up by the end of the week hopefully.

luke.ellis
    Free Member

Hi All,

the broken chain boys got back fine. It wasn’t the broken chain that made us turn back it was my mate on the Norco (2x chain snap) whose fitness let him down. I was totally gutted, but he didnt know his way back on his own.

Thanks for the loan of the shoes. Thanks to the chap that helped him fix his chain twice and thanks for all the lovely pictures of the ride after we left the group

Think i will leave him at home next time until his fitness is at a decent level. Ive got some training rides planned for him so hopefully he will complete the ride next time

pennine
    Free Member

Lowey: I was watching you lot from the gate by the ford just north of Street Gate. You’d missed the right turn for some reason and were coming back. Hope you turned round before Middle House, the farmer isn’t known for welcoming mtbers.
    I’d met the Bogtrotters higher up and SFB told me to look out for a big group. Until I turned round at the gate I wondered where 30 odd riders could be hiding 😕

lowey

Yeah, that was the “Deejay diversion tm”.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah, that was the “Deejay diversion tm”.

har-har :o)

BTW, were the toilets in the car park as stinky as ever ? I had the misfortune to go in there once and for all the indestructible stainless steel fittings it reeked of piss 🙁

lowey

They weren’t the best. I thought the cubicles had fancy sliding doors as first until I realized that it had been ripped off its hinges completely.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

a few pics from our overlapping ride:
    click pic for more

mrsflash
    Free Member

Ton we missed you on Sunday, thanks for the route, it was a good one 🙂

ChrisE
    Free Member

We passed you (I think?) near Litton but I couldnt see Tom who I had lent a Cannondale to?

We didnt set off til 1pm so had to race a bit!

C

TrevorB

Tom and his brother pulled out at Litton, so that’s probably why you did not see him (or your bike) 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

Was it you at the gate Chris – we were heading up and you were heading down?

ChrisE
    Free Member

Pulled out and went where, they were as far to ride to the car as anywhere! The bike was back at home when I got there. It’s a good job we were alone then – set off from home 1pm, 69km, 6000ft climbing, less than 15Km on road, less than 6 hours

🙂

C

ChrisE
    Free Member

Sorry, yes that was us at the gate. We went from there, turned off at the Queens and straight over to Buckden

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Pulled out and went where, they were as far to ride to the car as anywhere!

I think their mum had to go and collect them 🙂

ChrisE
    Free Member

Ah young lads, fast furious ….

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Ah young lads, fast furious ….

more like dehydrated! The one I saw was only carrying a small pouch of less than 500mL capacity, which didn’t appear to contain anything heavy…

Dave, do you have an updated route (without DeeJay’s diversion) ??

lowey

How do you mean ? The total distance we did ?

The guys only really went quarter of a mile past the Bridleway so it was nothing really.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

How do you mean ? The total distance we did ?

no, a map of where you actually went – ideally big enough to see the details – which was different to what you originally posted I think ?

lowey

I can send you the updated MMO file if you like ? But basically you will know it inside out.

From Arncliffe Cote we took the road to Litton, Ford, Spittle Croft, Cow Close, road to Rainscar, Dale Head, Churn Milk Hole, Long Lane, Helwith Bridge, Bark Houses, Fiezor, Giggleswick Scar, and then road back to Settle and the cake.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

oh right – I thought you’d gone round the back of Plover Hill via Foxup as had been discussed.

I should have known better after seeing the shot of Clare getting the ford on Dawson Close 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘STW Dales Ride – photo’s & post ride gossip’ is closed to new replies.