• This topic has 123 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • STW Dales Ride – 28th June – Roll Call
  • lowey

Your still welcome Chris… Non of us lot knew each other till about 3 months ago either 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

ChrisE, you know Granville I think? And I know Granville. So I nearly know you. Or something.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’ve met Chris E too 🙂

lowey

But your not coming ?? ❓

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

But your not coming ??

I shall see how the mood moves me on the morning – both start at the same place and time. I’m split between wanting to support the club ride and trying something different. I shall probably pick the one with the best totty :o)

taka
    Free Member

i would come if i had a Fr!Gg3N bike!

hp_source

looks like I’m free this sunday, so I’ll be there. Looking forward to it after the Swaledale one.

taka
    Free Member

😥 ive just recoverd after the swaledale one

ChrisE
    Free Member

Tom,

drop me an email if you need to borrow a bike for the day. You’d need to set off from our house at about 9am to ride Feizor, Settle. You’d need to bring peddals (or use the eggbeaters I have).

email at http://www.highbark.co.uk

Chris

taka
    Free Member

cheers chris ive sent you an email

tom

taka
    Free Member

chris ygm,

me and a freind will be coming along but will have to leave somewhere on the ride to get back to broton hall.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Presume you mean Broughton Hall (Gargrave)

ChrisE
    Free Member

there’s not really an easy bail out to Broughton. Probably best to do the ride then catch train from Settle/Giggleswick to Gargrave or Skipton. If you dont have a car, how are you getting up here to borrow a bike!

c

taka
    Free Member

gettin driven up im going to the game fair sometime on sun but the driver is going walking so could pick us up from on the route somewhere? will have a look at the map maby lunch stop? because the ride is estimated to finish around 5pm ill be pretty screwd to get to the show

ChrisE
    Free Member

I’d be suprised, that ride should only take 3-4 hours. Think I might be dipping out as we’re probably doing Home, Penyghent Ho, Litton, Redmire Fm, Buckden, Cray, Stake Rd, Marrsett, Bainbridge Roman Rd, Cam, Birkwith, Horton, Home. Mate can’t set off until 1pm so it might be a 6/7pm finish.

C

Junkyard
    Free Member

On paper they take a short time but factor into it 30 riders all at different speeds spread out over a laregish area factor in mechanicals long stop leisurely pace and hey hoy last one @ howgills was 6 hours with just over over 2 hours stopped according to my trip computer (though guilty of two mechanicals myself)

ChrisE
    Free Member

May well see you then as we go down towards Litton

C

DeeJay
    Free Member

We shall be 5 – Trevor and Mel are coming as well. 😀

Oh and it is absolutely pi55ing down in the East at the moment 😥

big-bad-one
    Free Member

Hey Folks
    I’m new to these pages and I’d like to join you if that’s OK, been riding on my own for too long so it would be great to out with the group.
    Dom

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dave I’ve decided to inflict myself on you – but it may be that no one will be passing Lancaster on the way there, and I need a lift (please) 🙂

I’m hoping it won’t be as hot and humid as it was today – we only did 18 miles but at the hottest point I felt I could hardly stand up never mind ride!

taka
    Free Member

changed from me and a mate coming to me and my brother coming now 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

I have been baking.

ton

i hope it rain tomorrow………………………………. 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

i hope it rain tomorrow

I do too – it was far too damn hot today! A bit of cooling rain would be welcome:-)

ton

have a good ride kids…..
    i will be doing retail therapy wife my wife and daughter to earn brownie points for 3 days in the lakes next weekend…. 😀

Vortexracing

I think it only right Mrs F that you and Junkyard Johnny
    publish the confectionary menu for post ride munchies.

It will give me something to keep me going through this epic in the heat tomorrow.

Please 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

My confectionary menu is;
    Dorset Apple Cake
    Chocolate & Banana Loaf with Streusel topping.

Vortexracing

Sounds scrummy.

rOcKeTdOg

are there any trees?, all these northern route seem to be lacking in wood, i don’t trust places without trees

Junkyard
    Free Member

Scones
    Chocolate Muffins
    Upside down Pineapple cake
    Fairy cakes …unlikely to get iced as I am tired

EDIT: depending on Totty SFB provides the wood 😆

Vortexracing

Between you and Mrs F Johnny you could open a cake shop!

I hope this rain stops, it’s honking down here.

Oh and does Mrs junkyard know you oggle at female MTBers?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

depending on Totty SFB provides the wood

excuse me ?? One can appreciate tottitude without unseemly responses! Anyhow, no one has offered a lift so I shall probably have to do the Bog Trotter ride…

Vortexracing

we are off along the A59 simon, otherwise you could have had a lift.

There must be somebody near lancaster.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

we are off along the A59 simon, otherwise you could have had a lift.

that’s what I figured! But it’s my fault for putting off the decision too late.

JxL
    Free Member

Lowey and John – see you guys 8am at mine!

Off to pack.

lowey

Sorry Simon, just noticed this. I have a full car tomorrow mate. Thats a shame you cant join us, not ridden with you since Grizedale, would have been nice to catch up.

Mrs F and Junkyard… damn fine work with the cake. Vortex, Bolton got hammered on tonight too, flash floods, the full trip. However, given the temperature, if it does rain tomorrow, it will probably be a welcome soaking.

See you all in the square tomorrow.

JxL
    Free Member

Lowy – I’m not Simon! I’m the guy who went to coniston last time?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Nice to see everyone again – and I could have come along had I realised the Bog Trotters ride was going to take even longer :o)

Did the Tart of Rivington (AKA hora) attend ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

surprisingly no

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘STW Dales Ride – 28th June – Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.