Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • STW Christmas List
  • headfirst
    Free Member

<firstworldproblem>

Ok then, I imagine that there’s a few of you in the same boat as me in that you don’t have much of a Christmas list but family members have started to ask you what you’d like. I have the double-nuisance (bah humbug!) of it being my birthday on Christmas Eve too. Now I know it’s not about maximising the number and value of presents received ( 😉 ), but also I don’t want to give people like my mother free reign on what to get me – it will end up at the back of a cupboard/wardrobe never used or worn. So what are you lot ‘asking Santa’ for (no ‘sack’ jokes please, no charity goat suggestions either)?

Together maybe we can help each other out and compile an STW wishlist.

My list so far:

A Garmin Edge 200

..and that’s about it really.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’ve bought myself a new full-face helmet (Kali Avatar) which my parents can contribute towards, if they wish.

The rest is mainly CDs, books and randoms bits I need.

headfirst
    Free Member

Re. CDs as a soon-to-be 41 year old dad, is it too sad to ask my 15 year old daughter to get me Calvin Harris’s new CD?

Cougar

Kindle.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

good, someone else started this thread, I didn’t want to be talking about xmas until the 24th of December 😀

I will be following this with particular interest as I have no bloody clue other than a couple of whisky’s I wont get and a resounding cry of “I’m not bloody buying that” when I ask for a guitar effects pedal

Last year I got a Senseo coffee machine that now lives in a cupboard in the garage

here’s my tuppence:

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Just one:

HM Govt make all footpath permissible for cycles. Not too much to ask is it. 😀

If not – more socks and pants, you can never have too many. 🙄

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I really fancy a decent electronic drum kit. I have no idea why though, and I don’t for one minute think I’ll get one!

ocrider

Realistically its a Nexus 7

Wishfully thinking it would be a Fireline evo or X Fusion trace fork, or both.

Cougar

I really fancy a decent electronic drum kit. I have no idea why though, and I don’t for one minute think I’ll get one!

Rock Band? (-:

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve got my heart set in this natty little number.. excellent for throwing on at the end of a ride if it’s a bit parky in the beer garden

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Rock Band? (-:

Absolutely not!

john_drummer
    Free Member

or maybe one of these:

it’ll probably end up as socks though 😉

headfirst
    Free Member

yunki: link?

I remember something I want now: nice warm nuts.

Having just got back from a road ride I again realise I could do with some fleecier, perhaps windproof (roubaix?) biblongs for when it gets ‘proper parky’.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

or

…..or a Garmin 800,but will settle for some merino base layers and socks. A decent set of winter bib longs/three quaters wouldn’t go amiss either.

dewydd
    Free Member

headfirst – Member
    Re. CDs as a soon-to-be 41 year old dad, is it too sad to ask my 15 year old daughter to get me Calvin Harris’s new CD?

If it’s sad then call me sad. I received a copy a couple of weeks ago for my 41st birthday 😀

trail_rat
    Free Member

We were talking about this today

I asked for a bergen socket tray for my roll cab. From the mrs 🙂 19.99

And anyone else that asks what i need is getting ” donations towards my kilt jacket and waistcoat to go with my kilt would be welcome.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yeah, I am having this problem… thing is, there is nothing I am desperate for that isn’t massively expensive! You know… like a Les Paul Standard.

And I don’t really need that!

I was thinking a pair of tyres for the bike, but they are spendy. Perhaps some winter riding clobber since all my current kit came off The Ark?

Fancy one of those Edge 800s myself, but the cost is prohibitive.

Sandwich

Merino Socks, maybe a new soft-shell Gore Jacket.

Having the family about is more important these days.

headfirst
    Free Member

dewydd – Member
    headfirst – Member

If it’s sad then call me sad. I received a copy a couple of weeks ago for my 41st birthday

Hey dewydd, we are some cool cats, daddio! 8)

restless
    Free Member

I would love a DAB stereo in my car, or one of those converters to receive DAB.

I won’t get one though 😥

Dancake
    Free Member

Some new hubs and spokes to go with the rims I have had for ages… 🙂

Drac

Been away for the weekend and I have some limited edition stout ordered, that’s me sort then.

Haze

Some half decent clothes (I only seem to buy riding gear for myself) for going out/work, and some cash towards an Edge 500.

Hopefully a single malt or two will show up…

dallas95
    Free Member

Altura Attack trousers for me. It’s getting cold and damp up here in Yorkshire.

Nick

and a good book will do me fine thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

Session with Jedi

@headfirst,mod course it’s ok to ask for the cd, remember its your job as a dad to be embarrassing to your teenage kids

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

parents are getting me a camera, otherwise there’s not many other presents i’ll be getting (i’ll also be in kathmandu for xmas…)

ideas wise, whilst expensive, icebreaker merino is flipping awesome. got some as work uniform (and bought a 260 top myself), not stopped wearing it…

mightymule
    Free Member

Er – we might be flogging one….

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘STW Christmas List’ is closed to new replies.