Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • STW Bromptonistas – Grips
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OK, so maybe it’s just because I’ve been spoilt by all the years of LockOns, but those stock Brompton grips are a bit gash, aren’t they?

So, what’s the skinny on grips? (M type bars, BTW)

Can you get something like an Ergon to fit? Might be a nice comfy set up for that type of riding.

TIA.

bencooper
    Free Member

Yeah, the foam ones are a bit naff – and they’re glued on so you need to cut them off and get scraping.

Ergons fit, but you need to cut them down a bit because the M-type bars are quite narrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ergons fit, but you need to cut them down a bit because the M-type bars are quite narrow.

Ta. Will investigate further.

One other option that I thought might work would be using a Gripshift version of a LockOn grip, as that would be a little shorter. Anyone tried that?

Gotama
    Free Member

I’ve got ESI chunky on mine, mainly as a result of using them on my mtb. I think they’re brilliant grips and don’t shift around at all. Not a brompton but a folder of the cheaper variety.

bencooper
    Free Member

One other option that I thought might work would be using a Gripshift version of a LockOn grip, as that would be a little shorter. Anyone tried that?

The diameter is right – might be a little too short, but I’ve not tried.

colonelwax
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of these on M bars

Which have been ace, lock on at one end and handy groove for cutting. I did mine one “block” from the end with a Stanley knife but I’m sure you could chop ’em with a hacksaw for neatness.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘STW Bromptonistas – Grips’ is closed to new replies.