STW Benji – how do you manage it??

Home Forum Bike Forum STW Benji – how do you manage it??

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • STW Benji – how do you manage it??
  • Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

I was reading Benji’s column this month on short rides. He started talking about parenthood and how it affects your riding, and I expected to be able to nod sagely in agreement. And then this…

“Two or three times a week I’d be spending long days out on the trails”

😯

How on Earth did you manage that? My wife was very understanding of me going out for one day at the weekend when we had our first born, but THREE???!! Never mind the job that gives me the time to do this, where do I get a wife that will allow me to do this whilst she stays at home with the little ‘uns?

Lucky man

richpips

It’s his job innit.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I suppose doing it for a job helps?

bokonon

My other half is pretty understanding – I was off winter climbing within weeks of our first two being born (both January babies) she knows I get cranky if I’m cooped up for too long, and need letting out for a good long slog/run/ride like a small child or a dog.

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

bokonon, mine too, but I reckon I’d be pushing my luck with 2 long rides a week never mind 3.

mrsflash

as long as you give your oh the equivalent “time off” I don’t see it’s an issue.

DrP

as long as you give your oh the equivalent “time off” I don’t see it’s an issue

Not enough hours in the days in the week, it seems…… 😕

DrP

Premier Icon stilltortoise
    Subscriber

Not enough hours in the days in the week

Exactly. If I had 3 long rides a week and my missus had the equivalent “time out” I can’t imagine we’d spend any time together as a family…
    …never mind the fact I’d have to get a job that wasn’t 5 days a week 😆

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

I guess he is/was a freelance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘STW Benji – how do you manage it??’ is closed to new replies.