Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • STW art/shop request
  • paino

What I really want for Christmas this year is some nice large framed bike art to adorn my walls, specifically my Zwift cave. But I’m struggling. The idea of Pete Scullions cover pic here is ace:

Pete Scullion Issue 139 A3 Art Print – The Sound of Arisaig.

But, the issue I have is that I can never get a frame quite right. Any chance CharlieHobbs you could have some options to supply the print with frame, and perhaps other A3 or larger cover images? Surely a great business idea for STW towers? Maybe even sell some of the stuff forum dwellers create? Please take my cash.

nickjb
    Free Member

Plenty of places will print you a poster in standard frame sizes if you can find an image you like either as a free download or purchase a digital copy. I’ve got an A0 print of a Morzine image that I had printed online. Fits nicely in an IKEA oak poster frame

desperatebicycle

Lots of custom picture frame sellers on Ebay

nickjb
    Free Member

Edit, I meant A1, not A0 above. I’m sure you can get that but A1 is pretty widely available

binners

Hi

*waves*

If you fancy something a bit different then I print my custom illustrations on to vinyl and have them Matt laminated on to aluminium sheet.

The fittings mean the alloy plate then sits about an inch proud of the wall. They look brilliant and for contemporary designs look miles better than frames. Because custom framing is quite pricey they actually work out cheaper too.

I’ve done some real big buggers as you just cut the alloy sheet to any size you like. I just got a brief for one 2.5 x 1.5 metres.

I’ll post you some pictures up

paino

Sounds great binners. Might be wrong but was it your good self that did the Winter Hill mtb art?

binners

That was indeed me. This one:

I’ve done loads of other cycling based landscape illustrations.

I’ll dig some pictures out and post them up of various images on alloy sheet. They really do look good up on the wall. The one I’m the happiest with was for a forum member of Ben Nevis. That was a big’un. It looks awesome

binners

Ah… looks like the disappearing reply glitch is back. I’ll try again

binners

As promised: Alloy plates

The first one was a picture of their recently refurbed house and the couple outside with their kids (and Landy), printed on 1.5 metre alloy plate and up in their gorgeous new kitchen

The second is a round the world mash up of Caroline and Karolyns favourite place and up above their bed on a 1.5 metre alloy plate

Then theres a pop art Holcombe Hill design up in Johns kitchen/dining room

So you see the possibilities of what you can do design wise, but they print really well and look great when they’re up. I do like doing these 🙂

charliedontsurf

@piano  Great idea.

The reservation I have with frames is there are so many styles, and some people hate this, but love that… aaaggghhh it is an artistic interior design minefield of displeasure and doom.

for A3 frames… I just googled “A3 Frames” in shopping results… and found this website. Rustic Green 5×5 frame (frame-company.co.uk) (I have not used them, this is nota  recommendation).

The canvas prints however… that is a neat idea. I will look into it.

Cheers stay rad… Charlie

binners

As someone who does A LOT of framing, if you’re looking for off the peg picture frames then Hobbycraft is by far your best option.

Here’s a 40 x 50 cm which has an image size of A3 with the window mount

Really good quality, sturdy, UK made frames, that are miles better than the flimsy shit that most places are knocking out, and not pricey at all

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘STW art/shop request’ is closed to new replies.