Viewing 40 posts - 3,721 through 3,760 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Bugger that’s my season done, crack on and beat Glasgow Darcy.

duckman

M’on the Wedgies! Big Ally Kellock’s last game as well,

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow Leicester got battered Donkey scored a hat trick 😯

tiggs121
    Free Member

Shame about Northampton – bet they wished they’d put out a side to beat Leicester now and had been playing Exeter yesterday!

Sadly I can’t see Glasgow beating Munster. They have picked a bad time to lose form!

anagallis_arvensis

Super Gavin Henson ?@UnrealGavHenson
    Watching Eurovision, a continent wide party which only rarely sees meaningful Welsh involvement… not wholly unlike the European Cup!

IdleJon

in Nige world you can go ack ten phases to look for a knock on you missed.

After the knock-on there were 10 passes, 1 ruck and the Ospreys made about 40 metres. The knock-on happened at 79.39. A Munster fan could argue that Webb knocked the ball forward (ruled sideways) at 79.30.

If Owens hadn’t gone to the tmo it would have been a travesty. If he had blown at the knock-on, by the time a scrum had been set the clock would have been red.

Fair enough result imo, although it would have been nice to hear the Munster crowd booing the Ospreys off the field for a second time in a year!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well I suppose it’s something a little different from having a go at the ref because of where he comes from. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Owens hadn’t gone to the tmo it would have been a travesty. If he had blown at the knock-on, by the time a scrum had been set the clock would have been red

The first bit is correct but the second not. If you call a knock on with time on the clock the scrum should be completed and the game carries on until the next stoppage providing its not a pen
    He couldnt have ended the game on a knock with 20 seconfs still on the clock. His **** up was not calling the obvious knock on. He got out of it without shafting Munstet which was good but in doing so he removed the Ospreys chance completely. The fair thing to do would have been to call the scrum although the crowd would have lynched him, however he would then be going further and further down the blind alley created by his relying on the tmo for something its not there for.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I agree, he should have re-called play back to the knock-on spot with a Munster put-in with the clock running normally (i.e. in the red). Yes, there’d be a small chance that Ospreys could have got a push on and either got a scrum penalty in a kickable position to take it to extra time or other scenarios, but that would have been the best decision…I think.

Anyway, even forgetting that decision, not his best game I reckon.

IdleJon

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    Owens hadn’t gone to the tmo it would have been a travesty. If he had blown at the knock-on, by the time a scrum had been set the clock would have been red
    The first bit is correct but the second not

I didn’t say that he should blow up before setting the scrum.

Yes, there’d be a small chance that Ospreys could have got a push on and either got a scrum penalty in a kickable position to take it to extra time or other scenarios, but that would have been the best decision…I think.

a_a’s thinking seems to be that Nige cheated the O’s out of the match in various ways in that last 30 seconds but somehow he would have let them win if he had called them back for a scrum? Confused logic?

anagallis_arvensis

Not confusing at all. Ospreys scored one of their tries from a munster scrum could might have/ had a chance of have scored another on the otherhand the last 30 seconds were effectively a pointless waste of 30 seconds no matter what had happend Munster could not lose. I dont see how that is hard to understand.

IdleJon

We all understand it, I think. I just don’t understand why you’re arguing about it?

Perhaps the real debate might be over why Nige was appointed for this game. He comes from an area 30minutes drive from Swansea, so hardly neutral. But on the other hand, that area is famously partisan against Swansea, so again, hardly neutral. Were there no other properly neutral refs available? No Scottish refs? Italian? I genuinely would have preferred George Clancy for this game.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh, so now we are whinging about where the ref is from? 😆

I’m not sure Nigel could ever be accused of anything other than being scrupulously fair. Yes, he missed stuff yesterday…not his finest game, but in no way did he unfairly punish Ospreys…if anything, he maybe went a bit easy on Webb and A-WJ for trying to ref the game for him. 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

We all understand it, I think. I just don’t understand why you’re arguing about it?

because his relentless pursuit of spectacle at the expense of actually following the rules meant that the Ospreys lost any small chance they had of winning the game at the end. I have no problem with any bias on his part and I dont think it was anything other than a mistake butva mistake it was.

IdleJon

I’m always happy to whinge about the ref, darcy! 😀 Very often they spoil good games. Nige is a very good ref but he rarely seems to have a good game when the Os or Scarlets are involved. (Conflicted maybe?) And, by god, we’ve had him wreck enough Os v Scarlets games.

Did he really tell AWJ to stop reffing? I heard him tell Webb, but the S4C commentators just wittered over any interesting thing that Owen said. I loved AWJ’s expression when Tipuric was penalised for hanging onto the ball. (He took it legally, I thought,from a Munster player who stole it from a tackled Osprey..) Murder was on Alun’s mind. 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Footage of a really nice Bath fan in the tunnel pre-game yesterday. 😆 What a tit!!

https://instagram.com/p/3Dvo44P1PK/ (Not sure if link will work on a PC.)

EDIT: yes it does, and I know it’s Leicester, but I promise it wasn’t me. 😛

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Footage of a really nice Bath fan in the tunnel pre-game yesterday. What a tit!!

Shouldn’t be that hard for the stewards or someone else to ID the guy and the club could censure him.

Good to see Leicester take a beating though. 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

Hartley cited for a headbut, TMO looked at it and said it was all good but still cited. Not sure how that works.

anagallis_arvensis

Tmo amd citing officer are different. Good old Dylan he really is quite the panto villian isnt he. Any footage?

wrecker
    Free Member

Reminder that the final final of the championship is on sky sports (and the usual streaming sites) tonight. Bris vs wuss, 1 point in it.
    If it’s as good as last weeks game then it will be well worth watching.
    kick off 1945hrs

Stoner
    Free Member

*sitting at my desk in my Warriors hoody*

🙂

Boy and I are dead excited. Heading to Sixways this evening.

Me, all day today:

ekul
    Free Member

Jiffy Jnr out of the RWC as well! Ruptured his ACL at the weekend. Gutting for him but could this be Scott Williams’ time to shine, seems to be the man in form at the moment.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Blimey!

Only watched the last 10 minutes of the Championship Final but that was pretty damn exciting.

Shame one side had to lose but well done to Worcs for coming back like that.

surfer
    Free Member

End to end stuff. Well played both teams. I was hoping for a Bristol win 🙁

mefty
    Free Member

Stoner is probably a tad excited.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The lanky Brummy in a tank top is going to be insufferable!

😉

tiggs121
    Free Member

Stoner

The away win by such a small margin is pretty meaningless really. Winner next week takes all.

It was though as things turned out!

Sounded like a good game – obviously not much between these two.

ads678

Hartley to miss all warm up games and the Fiji game. Will slancaster pick him??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There are three things in life which are certain.
    Death
    Taxes
    and Hartley being a bellend.

If Lancaster does pick him, he’ll regret it as soon as Hartley’s sent off in the first match. He’s an utter liability.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Are there no other decent hookers in England???

Lancaster could save himself and his team a lot of hassle by simply telling him he’s no longer required.

Players like him …and Callum Clark should not be rewarded with international caps.

DanW
    Free Member

I may be mistake but I think Hartley is nearly at 50+ weeks suspension which means he has spent almost a year of his career suspended! Love to double check the stats as it can’t be far off. Swearing at a ref, gouging, headbutting… I wonder what else he needs to complete the list? 😆

ads678

I think with this 4 week ban he’s getting nearer to 60 weeks banned!!

Edit: He was on 50, so 54 now, he might make 60 next season though…..

jambalaya
    Free Member

Was able to see most of the last 20 mins tonight, great advert for the game and both clubs. Congratulations to Worcester.

I am it going to sour that game with any comment on Hartley

Stoner
    Free Member

I AM GOING TO BE A ******* INSUFFERABLE ARSE FROM NOW UNTIL PROBABLY SOMETIME MIDDLE OF NEXT SEASON!!!

AARGGRGRAGHHGHGHGAGHGHGGH!GH!HG!HHGHGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!

My nerves are shot to bits. My voice has got up and left. I hugged two fat men I’d never met before. My boy is in bed with a perma-grin he can’t shake. And I have to be up at 6 tomorrow to catch a flight.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Followed the game on twitter (don’t have SKY) & I was nervous!
    Sounds like a fantastic game, thought Worcester had blown it with 10 minutes to go, must have been an incredible atmosphere at Sixways last night.
    Pennel really should be in the wider England training squad, maybe Saxons as he must have nerves of steel to make that final kick!

Welcome back Warriors, was rooting for you over Bristol 😀

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow congrats Stoner back to the big time. How much have Bristol spent and still no joy, should romp it next year.

Biter, Ref Abuser, Gouger. Elbower and now Head Butter 😆 Dylan Dylan Dylan 🙄

ekul
    Free Member

I don’t think it was Pennell who made the final kick, it was Lamb. And tbh it was right in front of the posts. Awesome game though, I’m a complete neutral to both teams but my heart was going watching it! The atmosphere looked incredible.

Both teams deserve to be in the Premiership and it’d be better off with them both there.

surfer
    Free Member

Are there no other decent hookers in England???

Tommy Taylor 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

How much have Bristol spent and still no joy, should romp it next year.

And it’s not been spent wisely. I look forward to getting done in the play offs again next year. I wonder whose turn it is to beat us then?

Viewing 40 posts - 3,721 through 3,760 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.