Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,879 total)
  • STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread
  • anagallis_arvensis

Same old same old

Kryton57

Yep. Abysmal. Taught a lesson by the ab’s – again.

anagallis_arvensis

So england lost too? Bunch of arse they are just used to a higher intensity all the time, its why aussie play so well under pressure.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Bloody solid stuff from the AB’s second half!! We never had the ball and played 90% in our own half. 135 games and 89% win record for Maccaw. Roll on him Meelamu Read and Cater retiring!!!

Edit, nice little try at the end to confirm my scoreline prediction!

pk13

Meh. How is farrell still in an England strip.

Pigface
    Free Member

Farrell?? Forget him how the hell is Priestland allowed to even be in the squad. Arse so close again, 😥

anagallis_arvensis

Is it too much to expect Keith Wood to know its Alun-Wyn Jones not Alun Wyn-Jones…it really pisses me off.

anagallis_arvensis

Priestland is poor him coming on was a disaster. Not really anyone else though. Patchel would be my pick and this new kiwi poach may do the bench backup to Biggar.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And don’t forget your bootees, ’cause it’s cold outside.

sputnik
    Free Member

Go Bokke 🙂
    Good start by Ireland .

BlindMelon
    Free Member

The gouger is on. C’mon Ireland

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Ireland reserves going well here!!

anagallis_arvensis

Well done ireland

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Fantastic performance from us. BOD who? POM at the breakdown was immense

wrecker
    Free Member

Well, SL can rest soundly if he wants to drop eastmond next week, he’d be well within his rights. Roko fared very well. I do wonder if there is a fair case just to not select any tiggers players? The club is quite obviously doing something very wrong considering all of their injuries.

Caher

wow, did not see that coming – well done Ireland.

stevomcd
    Free Member

We need at least a wee Scotland mention! Well, that was very pleasant to watch for once. Lots of promise, ambition and adventure but without the panic, errors and woeful finishing of recent years.

It would have been nice to really make a statement in the second half and to have made the final score somewhere closer to 50-10, which it easily could have been. Some fragility still there in the second half, despite some good tackling and defence at times, that does leave me concerned we could easily still get a hiding next week.

Still, all-in-all very positive and the best I’ve seen from us in a long time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

England weren’t good enough to win that game, they should look very hard at how they performed against one of the poorest displays I’ve ever seen from a NZ side. Owens was clueless from the point he awarded that first try to missing a typical McCraw hands in the ruck move but in reality that made no difference.

Haven’t seen the highlights of Irish game but great result.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

What on earth were Scotland doing right at the end?

stevomcd
    Free Member

What on earth were Scotland doing right at the end?

I think the intention was to play one simple phase then kick it out to end the game (otherwise the line-out would have been played). They made an ar$e of it.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Lot of positives in the scotland performance, finally looks like we have an assured 10 with a kicking and running game.

Jonny G was superb in the 2nd row his failure to release Bennett was probably his only mistake.

Finish to the game was poor and unnecessary and Argentina were not great bit we still had to go out and win the game.

not seen any of the match but great result for Ireland.

mrhoppy

In the Millennium Stadium for the Wales game on the try line and got to see 3 Wales tries over it 🙂

Despite having the ref radio on I couldn’t get what the 1st Aus penalty was for. Joubert called not releasing but the ball was passed out of the tackle and the following Aussie knocked on. Thought it was advantage but the kick was taken from by the play. What did I miss?

anagallis_arvensis

Jambalaya, Owens clueless.. yeah right

Pigface
    Free Member

I thought Owens was being a bit of a homer to be honest, didn’t think the AB’s got out of third gear to be honest. Who knew May could run in a forward direction 😆

anagallis_arvensis

I thought owens let england off with Whitelocks dive through I’d have given that.
    Horrible niggly **** those kiwi’s arent they.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Horrible niggly **** those kiwi’s arent they.

Yep. Which is a massive shame, as all of their nasty thuggery detracts from them being a great rugby side. The whole pandering to their “brand name” and silly dance is equally annoying. The IRB are a bunch of pussies about it.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Same old rhetoric from SL – we’re no closer to beating the ABs regularly than we were before.

Terrific result for Ireland but can they build from it?

Scotland may have a backline at last. Maybe Cotter will succeed where many have failed.

Wales should cancel all future fixtures against the Aussies. It’s getting really, really tedious………

anagallis_arvensis

Thats outright thuggery. Savea’s pushing Roko’s head into the dirt showsca lack of class

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, AA, when they do it, it’s “pission”(Accent required).

Much like it was “pission” when they speared BOD in a targeted assault.

Detracts from them as a great rugby team.

Pigface
    Free Member

I just don’t see it like that Flashy The Hore thing was condemned by the Kiwis I know.

Yes they got a bit silly about us saying as hosts we will perform our anthem after the Haka but 90% of the crowd was looking forward to it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The Haka is a Maori challenge, and one which I believe expects a reply. If any of the NZ team were Maori, they should respect that. (Not sure how many of them are above 1/4 Maori these days, though!) When (if!) they get round to playing in the Pacific Islands, are they still going to demand their special treatment, when their hosts should have the honour of performing the Sivi Tau or the Cibi?

The IRB pander to the brand. Hell, even the Raging Potato agreed with me on this one on R5 the other day!

Their assault on BOD was a shameful incident in rugby. Yes, it’s a tough game, and contact is expected, but that act was up there with Calum Clarke’s thuggery for me.

Pigface
    Free Member

Agree on the IRB but not on the Clarke thing, I heard that on 5live and the tater was pretty strong on it.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@aa the first AB try wasn’t even close and Owens decided no TMO required in awarding it. The “dive through” he pushed the ball forward along the ground with no semblance of downward pressure. Was never going to be a try. As I said that doesn’t matter as we should have put a poor NZ team away.

ourmaninthenorth

Missed the Wales game as was travelling to and enjoying hospitality at Twickenham. Shame as I felt the Aussies were there for the taking, in spite of their recent improvements in the Bledisloe Cup. Frustratingly for Wales, the current crop just aren’t as good as they need to be and are evidently populated by too many big egos. Hope they can turn this round as the anguish of watching them lose is hard to take.

England had 10 good minutes but only got one of the two tries they should have. It was a super try though. But then they descended into the standard disarray – forwards far better than the backs. Farrell wasn’t great, but I suspect he had little confidence in indecisive three quarters.

At the game ghr crowd’s feeling was that Owens was poor. i usually hate it when people complain about the officials but I did have sympathy with the England fans.

Agree with flashy et al about the ABs being culturally untouchable. Because no-one’s allowed to challenge the Haka as the Irish did, the fans seemed to take it on themselves to do it. Can’t see anything wrong with challenging it either.

Congratulations to both Scotland and Ireland. Esp the latter!

And for completeness, another frutratinhly narrow loss for England against NZ on the Four Nations. I can’t see them making the final. I get the “we’re a young side” line, but isn’t that what the FA always say about Englsnd football?

anagallis_arvensis

aa the first AB try wasn’t even close 

It was close enough for one of the best regarded refs in the world to give when he was positioned in the perfect spot. It looked like a try to me on telly.

anagallis_arvensis

are evidently populated by too many big egos.

Who are these big ego’s who are holding Wales back? How do you come to such an opinion?

mrhoppy

Can’t see the ego thing. The team put a shift in yesterday, they don’t have strength in depth so when key players get injured they’re screwed.

Jake Ball and Samson Lee were very impressive and Biggar was solid. Webb is a liability, chose the wrong pass too often and telegraphs long miss passes making him easy to intercept.

tinybits
    Free Member

the first try wasn’t close? What was wrong with it? I missed that completly.

The biggest ego in the Welsh camp is the WRU, with what goes on behind the scenes I’m amazed that Wales perform as well as they do.
    Fair play Scotland, but a real test next week and well done Ireland. Bloody excellent.

anagallis_arvensis

The biggest ego is Phillips and if more had his attitude Wales might beat Aus every once in a while. Warburton was outstanding yesterday really world class but he shouldnt be captain AW Jones should. If Samson Lee can improve his play around the park to Dan Cole levels he could be very very special. Just need to find a replacement for Gethin because whoever that bloke is who came on for Wales yesterday he aint Gethin. Hibbard is still mad, Roberts did well, North and Cuthbert OK. Liam Williams is great but just not quite goid enough at that level, Priestland and Webb were poor.

anagallis_arvensis

Biggar and 1/2p injured. Cometh the hour cometh the man god.

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 3,879 total)

The topic ‘STW 2014/15 Rugby Thread’ is closed to new replies.