Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Stupidest question asked of you at a job interview.
  • project
    Free Member

I was driving a van, part time and applied to do the job on a full time contract but job share with someone else,so had to have a job interview to make things ok in HR speak.

Had worked at the job for 9 months so the usual questions werent valid, so the woman interviewing me asked,"If you died tonight ,what do you think your old workmates would say about you tomorrow.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

"Did you find the place all right?" 😯

samuri
    Free Member

I don't think I've been asked any particualrly stupid questions but I;ve been given plenty of stupid answers.

We were interviewing one guy and the HR interviewer asked what his general philosophy in the workplace was.

"One out, all out." he answered.

Very hireable chap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    oddjob
    Free Member

Immediately after finishing my MBA I was young and ambitious, in an interview for an apparetly interesting job I asked the interview panel if there were any development or promotional opportunities in the job.

The answer was "no, not really"

OK – at least that's honest…

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I have MTB'ing down as a hobby on my CV. I was interviewed by the National Sales Director of a multi-national company and was bricking it. The interview went OK, I bombed on the presentation but otherwise went fairly well. The last question went something like 'OK, now for the most important question of the afternoon – how would you take the last corner at Dalby Forest?'

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"One out, all out." he answered.

Obviously the guy believed in teamwork.

The stupidest question I've ever been asked was, "so you were sacked from your last job then ?" My instant reaction was to burst out laughing as the guy was clearly trying to 'catch me off guard'.

lodious
    Free Member

After being grilled for 45 minutes by an HR Lady (for want of a better expression)……. she asked me what position I was applying for 🙂

Ambrose

Applying for a pastoral care job in a school I was asked if I knew why the sphinx's nose had fallen off.

I didn't know, but did know something worthwhile about the linmestone the Great Pyramid is made from.

I got the job- hopefully due to my caring nature and personal skills rather than my knowlege of Egyptian rocks.

Northwind

I got "Why do you have so little full time work experience?" "I'm still in school!"

lodious – Member

"After being grilled for 45 minutes by an HR Lady (for want of a better expression)……. she asked me what position I was applying for"

Hah, I had almost the exact same thing- applied for an HR job, they asked why I thought I was qualified for it, I told them, they said "Hmm, that doesn't sound all that useful for this job", I said "Er, it obviously is…" Ended up with their laptops out looking at the job description they'd written themselves going "Woah, I don't remember any of THIS!"

NikNak7890
    Free Member

I once got asked for an Engineering Team Leaders post
    "so, do you think you can be TOO empathetic?"

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was asked if I knew why the sphinx's nose had fallen off.

I was once in a meeting where the speaker was Bernie Grant, a man who I dearly loved and respected ….. despite the fact that he was as nutty as a fruitcake. I will always remember how he claimed that the people who built pyramids were in fact black Africans. The reason the sphinx's nose was missing he said, was because it had been knocked off deliberately to hide the fact that it was 'Negroid nose'. Apparently those responsible couldn't tolerate black Africans being given credit for such spectacular and awe-inspiring monuments.

I still miss the old rascal, and politics is a sadder and less interesting place without him. Gawd bless yer Bernie.

CHB

I got asked at one interview "Working here is like wearing a colourful straightjacket, how would that make you feel?"

Really I did.

Got the job.

Kit
    Free Member

"Is 50 to (sic) old to ride off road"

seahouse
    Free Member

I was asked what football team i supported. Must be a Glasgow thing.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I was asked if I knew why the sphinx's nose had fallen off.

N e fule nose dat:

Kuco

Applying to be a postman years ago the interviewer asked if I new which way the sunrise and sets in the UK.

I did ask if the question was serious then responded by saying 'Like the rest of the world east to west'

skiboy
    Free Member

Sort of off topic , but we had a guy come in for an interview wearing a t shirt that said 'Fu– work let's go mountain biking ' he got the job and I've spent the last five years riding Sundays with him 🙂

rbrstr
    Free Member

"where do you see yourself in 5 years time?"

is "depends if i get the job" an acceptable answer………..

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

I still miss the old rascal, and politics is a sadder and less interesting place without him. Gawd bless yer Bernie

Ernie surely you have to question some of his motivations, saw him several times speaking in the early ninties and always got the impression he was the perfect MP.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I applied for a job as a cycle trainer back in the 90's. I was asked if I could cycle.
    Years later I was looking for casual cycle trainers and was asked what car was provided and was accommodation provided.

user-removed
    Free Member

"Act like a chicken" – more a demand than a question I suppose. And in the same interview, "Tell me a joke".

Got the job, lasted a month.

PJM1974
    Free Member

"Can you name three members of the cabinet?"

It was very hard for me to do without resorting to less than favourable terminology… I got the job though.

Joe

"How can we make our news channel appeal more to ethnic minorities?"

ace_sparky
    Free Member

One of the stupid questions I was asked during my interview for the fire service last year was…

Q. "can you tell me about a time when you where involved in an inter-racial dispute involving people of a different culture, how did you manage to resolve it?"

A. "No…next Q"

Didn't get an offer of employment!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Stupidest question asked of you at a job interview.’ is closed to new replies.