Stupid things

Home Forum Chat Forum Stupid things

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Stupid things
  • Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Mine is patio heaters, if its that cold go in the house

Oooh no, I much prefer sitting outside of an evening; anything that assists that is ok by my – but would never own one as they end up looking like rusty monstrosities.

Back OT though: Piers Morgan

trail_rat

so what exactly is the difference between sitting under a patio heater and sitting round a fire/firepit?

I wouldnt own a patio heater either but have 3 firepits.

banks

Stupid things – full guides which have lower rollers instead of a slider.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

so what exactly is the difference between sitting under a patio heater and sitting round a fire/firepit?

Under a patio heater I’d probably be drinking somewhere, if I was by my chiminea I’d probably be…..oh, um, drinking.

I’m on 2nd chim’ and love it – my comment was p/heaters aren’t stupid in context of op, but ownership of one might be 😀

Mine is patio heaters, if its that cold go in the house. Whats yours?

samuri

Pointless cars.
    Mad fast cars, big massive 4×4’s, cars that cost a million pounds.
    Totally pointless and stupid.

God I love those fast cars.

bencooper

Those Bellend wallets that keep getting advertised on here – a wallet should be a scruffy thing held together with duck tape. If your wallet doesn’t fit your trousers, then that’s because you’re wearing stupid skinny hipster trousers.

chewkw

Tailgaters.

Driving at 1am in the morning with the road practically empty and someone tailgates me … 🙄 (driving 35mph in 40mph limit). I mean what’s the hurry?

SiB

people driving at 35 in a 40 zone at 1am

Premier Icon soundninjauk
    Subscriber

People who drive massive vanity BMW/Audi/Range Rover 4x4s in London.

johndoh

Stupid thing? Envy.

bencooper

People who drive massive vanity BMW/Audi/Range Rover 4x4s in London.

Or indeed anywhere.

PSA: If anyone wants such a vehicle for free, the Bearsden trophy wives usually leave theirs running outside my shop while they go to the bus stop to collect their private-schooled progeny.

johndoh

Yep. Envy.

warton

Vertical blinds, why you want to make your house look like a bad, tasteless 70’s house is beyond me

brakes

punctures.
    what is the freaking point?

nostoc

I don’t understand extractor fans over cookers. If it doesn’t smell nice then don’t cook it and eat it.

johndoh

Pan-fried salmon?

Bacon?

Big fat juicy butchers’ burgers?

brakes

I don’t understand extractor fans over cookers. If it doesn’t smell nice then don’t cook it and eat it.

it’s about removing excess smoke/ steam rather than smells.
    you should have stopped at “I don’t understand” 😀

piemonster

I’m fair stupid

mightymule

Stupid things?

Cat Mk II. Got stuck to the carpet this morning 🙄

scuzz

TheMailOnline, and frequent commentators thereof.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

The lady in the shop opposite ours.
    She opens up, sticks the trees out then puts a sign up that says back in ten minutes.
    Every bloody day.

jools182

SiB – Memberpeople driving at 35 in a 40 zone at 1am

+1

bencooper

She opens up, sticks the trees out then puts a sign up that says back in ten minutes.

Is that a euphemism?

I just go for being late to work every day. And I keep my trees in.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Owning massive cars and complaining about the price of fuel
    People doing dangerous things then trying to justify it badly
    the 45mph driver (70/60/40/30 limits)

wordnumb

Amplified outdoor music in town – it’s never good music, but that’s beside the point.
    Dog walkers on cycle paths.
    Buses on cycle paths…

People. Just saving myself from a long list here. People are stupid, and as a person I’m sure that I am stupid too. But at least I realise this fact and can act to limit the excesses of my stupidity, unlike so many people who think their stupidity deserves priority.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

People. Just saving myself from a long list here. People are stupid, and as a person I’m sure that I am stupid too. But at least I realise this fact and can act to limit the excesses of my stupidity, unlike so many people who think their stupidity deserves priority.

Brilliant 😀

trail_rat

“Vertical blinds, why you want to make your house look like a bad, tasteless 70’s house is beyond me

Good for deflecting the sun off my TV when im watching the cycling on telly after cycling without leaving me sitting in the dark

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

Good for deflecting the sun off my TV when im watching the cycling on telly after cycling without leaving me sitting in the dark

You can also use them to signal whether or not you swing and whether you’re entertaining tonight. Or am I thinking of pampas grass.

pipnet1

People who assume you are jealous/envious of something if you say it’s stupid.

Many people would say owning 5 bikes is stupid. I’m fine with my own stupidity 🙂

toxicsoks

One mans stupid is another mans logical………

Piped music in shops.

And people who wear hi-viz jackets, hard hats, and safety specs when the risk of anything happening to them is negligable, and if something did (for example a 30,000 tonne ferry in a dry dock falling while you are underneath inspecting the hull) would be utterly ineffective.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

Channel 4 documentary fodder who deem it acceptable to pop to the shops in pyjamas &/or dressing gowns.

Channel 4 documentary fodder who deem it acceptable to pop to the shops in pyjamas &/or dressing gowns.

Ever wonder why people might do that?

crikey

My own current stupid thing that people do is people who drive cars or vans pulling a trailer THAT IS WIDER THAN THEIR VEHICLE.

They think ‘Ooh, I can get through that gap, past that cyclist, with room to spare’.

Cue me getting a couple of inches gap between me and the trailer.

Knobbers.

CountZero

samuri – Member
    Pointless cars.
    Mad fast cars, big massive 4×4’s, cars that cost a million pounds.
    Totally pointless and stupid.

God I love those fast cars.

Very fast, incredibly loud, and possibly around $35-40 million to you, squire. 😀

Edukator

Anyone sat in a motorised vehicle including myself.

Not lifting off and slowing down gradually to a crawl when tailgated. See how slow you can go before they eventually overtake (usually blowing the horn/waving aggressively/revving madly).

CharlieMungus – Member
    Ever wonder why people might do that?

I always thought the mums do this to show everyone else in the neighbourhood that they are well off enough that she doesnt need to work and can stroll around in her pyjamas all day.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Stupid things’ is closed to new replies.