Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stupid Morewood Mbuzi question
  • superdan

I noticed the other day that the chainstays and seatstays (well, the upper tubes on the single pivot) on my 2009 Mbuzi are sort of bent slightly about 3 inches towards the rear wheel from the pivot from the pivot.

My Izimu has straight tubes. Can anyone else with an Mbuzi let me know if they are supposed to be like that, or whether its warranty time?

cheers!

highclimber
    Free Member

I can't figure out what you mean 😕 . can you show us some pictures? my mate has an Mbuzi so I might be able to tell you if your's looks like his.

eth3er
    Free Member

No idea what the answer to your question is but a mbuzi is a goat in Zulu and Ndebele. You probably know that but it makes me chuckle.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Don't think they are supposed to have a bend in them.

superdan

yeah sorry, lets try again with pictures.

Mbuzi (with potentially unintended curves) is Grey,
    Izimu is blue, and tubes are straight

Rickos
    Free Member

Looks OK to me. Has the Izimu got a longer back end and therefore doesn't need to have bends to give the tyre room?

superdan

I have a feeling its probably ok, you can just make out the shadow of the curve in the far stay on TheSwedes second picture above, I'm probably just being paranoid (previously a Commencal owner, had 4 frames in 6 months), but would be good to get someone with one to have a quick look. The back ends of the two bikes are quite similar in size and shape generally, I don't think it would be necessary to curve the swing-arm to fit tires in.

andylux
    Free Member

I recently questioned my Shova's swing arm as there is more clearance between the drive side and tire compared with non drive side. It turns out that the swingarm is asymetric and most importantly the wheel runs straight in the frame.

I would imagine that due to my shova and your mbuzi using the same SPI2 pivot to achieve clearance for "gnarlier" tyres Morewood engineer these bends on the mbuzi to achieve this. Maxxis 2.25's fit in my shova fine but much bigger and the clearance will be limited.

I'm especially interested as i'm pondering whether an mbuzi swingarm would fit my shova for increased mud clearance and the thru axle etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stupid Morewood Mbuzi question’ is closed to new replies.