Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Stupid football question….
  • itchy99
    Free Member

Yes, I know most people hate it but:-

Just watching Arsenal v Man City and was wondering about the piped crowd noise. Is this played over the speakers in the ground so the players experience it or is it only for the home viewer/listener??

Yes I’m bored….

theotherjonv

just on the tv i think, because on umpteen channel sky you can also watch with just the ground noise.

itchy99
    Free Member

Cheers! Not having played any team sports of any note I’m not sure if this makes a difference to an individuals performance or not.

binners

Useless fact:

The people who are responsible for putting the crowd noise on are the people who do it for the FIFA PlayStation game. Which I suppose makes perfect sense.

itchy99
    Free Member

Must be an ‘in demand’ job in these current times!

theotherjonv

I think it can. A crowd / atmosphere creates a buzz, which creates momentum and much of sport is about momentum. A bowler running in having taken a couple of quick wickets, with a crowd roaring him on – look at Willis Headingly 81,, Flintoff Ashes 95, etc. Liverpool fans behind them the night they turned Barcelona over. The buzz of a Millenium Stadium welsh rugby crowd….

Conversely – often a player or a team can wither under crowd pressure. So Barcelona above just became a bag of nerves, but equally if you’re that player that the crowd moan at every time you miss a pass or lose a tackle……not having that pressure may be an advantage instead.

itchy99
    Free Member

That makes sense. Personally, as a life long introvert, i’ve hated the presence of crowds!

binners
    easily
    Free Member

I read a newspaper column somewhere that says the crowd noise is piped in so we don’t hear the players swearing.

binners

The players swearing is still clearly audible over the added crowd noise

In the last United game Pogba played a beautifully weighted, long cross-field ball over to Greenwood, who’s first touch wasn’t great and it went out. You could hear, loud and clear, someone on the bench shout ‘OH FOR ****S SAKE MASON!!!’ 😂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Stupid football question….’ is closed to new replies.