Stupid bar rules…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Stupid bar rules…
  • P-Jay

Drac

Subscriber
    Baby related stuff. Got to the Pub “Two pints of Heineken please” “Sure, £11.20”

What did I miss?

That Heineken is shite and many pubs are way less than £5 a pint.

You should hear what they say about you.

5plusn8

tthew – A simple sign “The dead bodies are the arseholes who hogged the bar area making it harder to get a drink” would suffice, I am sure you would attract an appreciative clientele.

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

Yep I can’t stand (ha ha) barstools either, and having done a stint in a pub as a student the bar staff hate them as well, not least because they attract the biggest ***heads and you don’t want to have to be humouring them all night. the reason they sit at them is because they don’t want to sit at a table on their own (because they are obnoxious *heads ergo billy no-mates)

I’ve noticed that people have started to queue in pubs which I kind of like because it’s polite but the fine art of fast serve in a busy pub is a life skill : )

I was getting angry at beer prices last night (over £5 for a pint in Whitefield!) but then I realised I’m probably getting old still expecting beer to be sub3quid – the Goats Gate can’t reopen soon enough

tnrbilly

We had a new pub open up a couple of years ago and everybody just started queuing to get served. It works brilliantly but nobody does it in any other local pub which I find odd.

nicko74

We had a new pub open up a couple of years ago and everybody just started queuing to get served. It works brilliantly but nobody does it in any other local pub which I find odd.

In N America, you get used to everywhere doing table service – to get served you have to sit down. Which then makes it massively confusing when you go back to Europe and can’t work out “do we have to go to the bar to get served, or sit at a table?”

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

You should hear what they say about you.

Pfft!

Back in the day I was refused entry to a abar “no earrings mate.”
    So I took it out and put it in my wallet. He looked a bit confoozed
    and then he said “no desert boots.” I gave up.

Stoner

jeez there’s some grumpy anti-barstoolists in here tonight!

FWIW the bar was completely empty and the barmaid was sitting in the window seats herself.

And not having stools at the bar did not help prevent the later arrival of the “biggest ***head” who made himself at home sprawled over the bar for support so he could better yabber away drearily.

taxi25

Are you paying to get drunk or are you paying to enjoy yourself in a nice venue with friends (or friendly strangers)?

Why can’t you do both ? I often do 🍻🍻

tomparkin

In That London a mate and I went to see some music in a venue which did good (although expensive of course) ale.

Went to the bar for a pint: sorry sir, no pints once the band has started. Just shorts, or of course a 330ml tin of ubercraft hipster IPA from which you’ll struggle to see change from a tenner.

Pretentious bar stewards.

CountZero

What gig venue serves craft beer rather than bud/Heineken/etc?!

A good one.

jree

Pub in Stockport has a no swearing policy. It’s a straight red too. Out you go.
    This may seem like terrible business sense for a pub but after a few hours in there it can be quite fun.

Premier Icon northernsoul
    Subscriber

This happens at one of my locals, but it looks kind of odd when there’s also a huge expanse of empty bar.

Premier Icon sparksmcguff
    Subscriber

Queuing is not efficient. It’s not a good use of space. At a bar – sacrilegious!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.