- Stung by wasp now my hand the size of baseball glove
I get stung quite a lot through the job. I find if they come up straight away then they are no problem. The worse ones are those that come up after a day or so.
Not being melodramatic, but get to your doctors ASAP. Ring for an urgent appointment, and tell the receptionist that you've got an infected insect bite. You need to be seen NOW. There is serious risk of septicaemia, and if untreated can cause you to lose your hand, or in the worse case, your life.
Don't pussy foot around with things like this – they can be serious. Ring the docs, and don't take no for an answer. You need a course of anti-biotics.Posted 8 years agotimdraytonMember
my mate went to greece for his wedding.
was stung on the arm, it swelled up a lot, he left it an went out on the lash.
felt very ill the next day went to doctors they sent him to hospital, evidently some of their wasps have "infected" stings, he narrowly avoided blood poisoning evidently and spent the night in hospital.
just to put your mind at rest like…Posted 8 years agoMrNuttMember
I have a gurt big hole in my right hand little finger knuckle where something stung/bit me, was very odd turned into a big lump and had some dark red/black thing inside it, I'm sure it was a spider baby egg and that its now been transfered into my blood stream up to my brain. strangely enough I don't feel any different, apart from a penchant for the occasional bouts of spontaneous flying insect consumption.Posted 8 years agoHadgeMember
Where I used to work, we had stuff sent from all different countries, mostly Japan and sometimes there were a few hidden bugs in the boxes. One workmate got bit by one of the fella's and he had a terrible reaction to it. The hospital had to open the wound up and it had to stay open and be treated as such, to get rid of the infection. His arm was a right mess for ages.Posted 8 years ago
Some people do suffer with Anaphylatic Shock which means they can die from bee stings. If I were you, I'd get it checked out as it could be an infection and could get more serious.
The topic ‘Stung by wasp now my hand the size of baseball glove’ is closed to new replies.