Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Stumpy Evo DH
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Whaddayathink?

ads678

Just looks to me like it’d fold in the middle!

Poopscoop

No doubt it isn’t but it has a very “fragile” look to it.

tomhoward

I assume the Boxxer has been shortened in some fashion?

hols2
    Free Member

Just looks to me like it’d fold in the middle!

At least that would be graceful. I’m more worried about the headtube tearing off.

zezaskar
    Free Member

People are really playing with the Evo, if you go to MTBR there are lots of people going with 170mm forks. Wonder what Specialized has to say about it

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Just looks like somebody’s chucked some dh forks on a trail bike!

bacondoublechee
    Free Member

Mine is now 160 front and back after changing to a 210×57 DHX2 and swapping the fork shaft. Still has plenty of clearance on the back end even in low mode, you could go for 170mm+ rear travel in high mode.

cookeaa

I couldn’t really tell from the pic is that Carbon or Aluminium?

Either way it’s not my cup of tea it looks a little form over function but I’m sure it’s well enough put together…

Is itintended as a sort of “Mini DH” bike? A bit like a few companies sold before Enduro was really a ‘thing’ rather than a full fat replacement for a Demo?

Was there any indication on price when you saw it?
    It sort of looks like it could make a nice summer Bikepark/alps toy for a couple of years and then you’ll simply flip on because it’s only really being used for 2 months a year, plus you’ve gone and spawned and need some money for the deposit on an MPV, but then you don’t really want to [ay over the odds for that do you…

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I saw it on my local bike shop’s facebook page. I really dont know anything more about it other than it’s aluminium and they are gonna ride it!

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Is that definitely an Evo , it doesn’t look slack enough to me even taking into account the fact that the back wheel is on a stand .

sharkattack

I don’t know anything about the bike in the picture but dual crown forks are going to creep onto Enduro bikes. That’s my prediction for 2020 anyway.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

maybe

trumpton
    Free Member

is a stumpy a trail bike really?

GeForceJunky

Judging by the build, super high bars, DJ saddle, tiny cassette, I assume it’s a sponsored riders bike for a freeride event.

oikeith

That looks awful, the Evo looks lovely with a single crown fork empathising the slack head tube angle.

5lab

They did it before with the old stumpjumper evo expert which had 180mm boxxers on a coil sprung stumpy. Was very popular in bike parks

chakaping
    Free Member

You know some bikes just look “right”?

Well this isn’t one of them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Stumpy Evo DH’ is closed to new replies.