Stumpy 2019

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Stumpy 2019
  • wergsy

Anybody riding a stumpy from the 2019 range? Went full suss 12 months ago with a bossnut evo, but thinking now of a stumpy as an upgrade. Thoughts?

Premier Icon tonyg2003
    Subscriber

Just picked up my Stumpy 2019 Expert last week after super long test rides on a Stumpy and a Whyte S150 (thanks Surrey Hills Cycleworks). The Stumpy 29er is quite a bike, climbs really well for a Fs, immense fun downhill. Very pleased with mine

LMT

I’ve got the carbon st comp and it’s a great bike, takes a plus 650b or 29er so for me best of both worlds.

I admit I didn’t get on with it at first but after a trip to glentress and some tinkering it’s an awesome bike!!

wergsy

Thanks for the information, I will be honest and say I am looking at the ST alloy entry stumpy – would this be as good a ride considering it is alloy and not carbon?

spence

First ride on mine (29″ Comp) last Sunday, quick blast around Woburn. Very impressed so far, still needs dialing in as just running Specialized suggested pressures. Gonna take some getting used to after my 5-Spot for the past fifteen years, first trip of the year to BPW next week. Should be fun/different.

mickmcd

If it’s the alloy 29 at your after …I’m selling one for 850quid it’s not got a mark on it. Was for sale on here 3 months back but no one was interested so it’s been sat unused int workshop

wergsy

Hi, what frame size and year? Thanks

wergsy

Any photos of the stumpy mate?

mickmcd

They only do the 2019 one in its ST format from memory it’s a medium

wergsy

Shame, would need XL for my height. Cheers anyway.

Premier Icon andybrad
    Subscriber

ive got the expert.

broke the first one, second one is great. everything about it is good apart from the brakes.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.