Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stumpy 04 How do I remove the rear shock
  • frenchmicky
    Free Member

Hi all, I’m struggling to remove my rear shock to check the shock eye beraring which i suspect is shot.
    The problem is when I remove the single retaining bolt through the shock link, there is still a lot of resistance and I was exepcting the shock to just slide out.
    I’m tempted to give it a bang with a rubber hammer but I thought I would try this forum before I go fo this 🙂

iBaa
    Free Member

From memory, once the bolt is removed the shock should pull out of the link.

If you remove the front bolt from the frame and the rear bolt link, support the shock and give the link end a tap with a hammer. I tend to use a soft piece of wood as a drift to protect the shock. If you have an extra pair of hand this may be a task for them.

frenchmicky
    Free Member

Tx iBaa, this gave me the confidence to start removing other bols and the trick was to remove the shock link’s bottom 2 retaining bolts and it gave me extra leverage to wiggles the shock free!
    Now on to the real problem, the shock eye seems warn as I removed the spacers in the eye and there seems to be another fixed spacer which has gone oval!!
    Have you seen this before?
    md

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Stumpy 04 How do I remove the rear shock’ is closed to new replies.