• This topic has 64 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Joe.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Stuff you started in lock down that you will keep doing after lock down?
  • MoreCashThanDash

Making longbows, on my third ash self bow, about to start a tri-laminate bow, quite an absorbing pastime.

Extreme prepping?

monkfish
    Free Member

Home haircuts and not going into the office 5 days a week.

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

I am going to keep working from home so that I can sing loudly to Spotify and not hold my farts in all day. I’ll never go back to commuting again. Also I’ll keep writing books. Had no idea how much I enjoyed it until lockdown boredom made me try it.

binners

With the whole farting thing….

now that we’re all just used to slightly lifting one arse-cheek up and letting rip without a second thought, whenever we feel like it, there’s no going back

I did it on a Teams call the other day, before realising that that was obviously audible to everybody. It was like somebody slowly tearing a heavy velvet curtain.

garage-dweller

I did it on a Teams call the other day,

Even worse if someone had speaker view enabled. You’d go full screen with a little box round you.

Northwind

I reckon I’ll keep having long and important conversations with the local cats

sirromj

Paying a mortgage.
    Running.

Duggan

Home Workouts
    30mins stretching in the mornings
    An actual weekly cleaning rota for my house
    Playing Nintendo Switch occasionally

nickc

weirdly, my life hasn’t really changed much apart from not going into a shop, and I’ll probably start doing that again after lock down has stopped as I quite liked browsing though a bookshop. I still go to work in an office, and still commute, see my work colleagues face to face, and still ride my bike at weekends, I’m not really a pub goer, so I won’t start doing that again, and the things I miss, cinema, travel, etc I’ll be able to do again….

so, no, nothing.

fossy

Flexible working will be a win for us that had to go in for no real reason. Paper free also… needs to be done – copier lease companies will be out of business – we’re not going back to printing paper.

Working from our caravan on occasion, will be fab.

scruff9252

I never want to spend 40hrs a week in an office ever again. Same with rush hour commuting – having a pot of coffee in the garden/bed is far better than being sat in traffic.

I won’t be filling my diary up with bullshit social events just because we haven’t seen X for a few weeks, but will spend even more time up mountains / in remote anchorages. Its wilderness I’ve missed most, not people (family not withstanding)

Will hopefully continue to notice the small things – like the rose Bush sprouted its first leaves this week and I saw a pair of wild baby ferrit shaped amimals on todays dog walk.

Basically henceforth I hope mon-fri continues as per lockdown with fri-sun being out in the more remote parts of the country.

ElShalimo

It was like somebody slowly tearing a heavy velvet curtain.

Wine all over my screen now… You bugger

p7eaven
    Free Member

– Playing drums. Getting better on drums. Learning how to read and write music.

– Fetching eggs from local villagers, on the old bike (with padded rack-pack)

– Walking. Average 4-8 miles depending on time available.

MrOvershoot

binners

With the whole farting thing….

now that we’re all just used to slightly lifting one arse-cheek up and letting rip without a second thought, whenever we feel like it, there’s no going back

I did it on a Teams call the other day, before realising that that was obviously audible to everybody. It was like somebody slowly tearing a heavy velvet curtain.

That’s the beauty of managing a team of engineers in a workshop, everyone just lets rip when needed. Its never not funny and our department has something of a reputation to uphold for being the guffiest department.
    I even modified a gas mask warning sign to read “Warning multi gas hazard area” that was stuck on the door to the workshop

BillMC

Clipper cuts and eating like a bushman, less Asda more hadza.

lucasshmucas

Playing guitar
    Making sourdough bread
    Working from home
    Walking
    Kettlebell workouts
    Sufferfest
    Reading
    Zoom with family

oldfart

The STW jigsaw puzzle 🙄 started it full of enthusiasm got halfway through it and 🙄🙄🙄🙄 Still ill be retired next year so have plenty of time 🤔

gravedoja
    Free Member

I started playing the banjo last year, still doing it and I’m already looking at upgrading to a better banjo, it’s a lot like cycling in that regard.

rOcKeTdOg

Buying cases of beer from my local brewery. They’ve been awesome & are going to continue delivering when they reopen their taproom

p7eaven
    Free Member

Kettlebell workouts

Saw someone doing that in their driveway yesterday as we passed by. I pointed them out to Mrs P who said ‘I’m more interested in all those cats that were just sitting there were watching her!’

I had to point out to Mrs P that the ‘cats’ would have been kettle bells, and also that Mrs P didn’t currently have her bifocals on.

(This sounds like a standup routine but I swear it’s true)

Sorry. As you were.

BillMC

I reckon an anonymous application has been made for an allotment.

NB RD: brewery name?

dyna-ti

Planning projects I’ll never get started.

jonba
    Free Member

I watched all of Buffy the vampire slayer, then all of Angel. Now on season three of the west wing which I’m enjoying so will see through.

peajay

Feeding birds in the garden, getting goldfinches, greenfinches, tits, loads of sparrows, it brings me joy and I’m going to keep on doing it.

Joe

We’ve really noticed, that as we’ve cooked more and more, that takeaways we used to look forward to are really disappointing.

I can’t think of a single local restaurant I’m keen to eat at post lock down, which is sad and don’t even get me started on pub food.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Stuff you started in lock down that you will keep doing after lock down?’ is closed to new replies.