Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,889 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • funkmasterp

Nothing disproportionate about depression. It’s an utter ****

scotroutes

Folk that talk about Ae See when they mean AirCon.

kayak23

The bags that fresh bread is wrapped in. That type with the thousands of micro-perforations.

How can they simultaneously be so difficult to yield their bounty, and yet, once opened, completely disintegrate at the slightest hint of bread egress and ingress?

Dicks 😡

onehundredthidiot

The fact this morning’s cereal is in a pouch with 40% less packaging than the traditional box. But the pouch isn’t recyclable.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

cheap plastic tat

expensive plastic tat

plastic tat that is neither cheap nor expensive

singletrackmind

When you open a new bottle of milk and the tab snaps off leaving the heat glue seal firmly attached. Grrrrr
    Or it tears just a corner off necessitating unpicking of the remainder. First World Problems.

mjsmke

Having to go into work.

Working with people that say “let’s do something different today”

Working with people that say I’m negative when I say something won’t work, then when it doesn’t work they say “we all got it wrong”

Cougar

Working with people that say I’m negative when I say something won’t work, then when it doesn’t work they say “we all got it wrong”

If I’ve learned anything in recent years, it’s that the reason it didn’t work is all your fault for not believing in it enough.

Olly
    Free Member

Ive got one, but i dont knw if its disproportionately cross, or just cross.

Why are the guys who manage audio at shows/gigs, the LAST people who should be managing the audio at shows or gigs?

Went to my daughters dance recital performance thing at the weekend, and had to leave half way through because the volume of the audio was uncomfortable.
    I can tolerate listening to “let it go” yet again when i have to , but this MF seemed to have only attended the part of the training that said “if in doubt, just max all the dials”.

A poppy, distorted, stressful mess. undoubtably damaging or damaged speakers. This isnt in some village hall, this is in the corn Exchange in Exeter, so a big speakser system capable of producing big sound.
    These kids are 5-15 too, so not really appropriate for them to be on the recieving end of turning it up to 11 either.

I felt most sorry for the tap dancing girls, (and possibly one lad). There was no way anyone heard any actual taps. Not a chance. i doubt anyone saw any taps either cause their eyes were vibrating so hard to the mission impossible theme tune of all things.

Reminds me of a podcast i heard (and have mentioned before) about “sound”, and in one episode they had an interview with a guy who did the technical work on a Metallica album. He was saying that James Hetfields basically bullied him into turning the master volume up on the recording, because “Metallica are the loudest and best band in the world”, and the guy was trying to explain to him that the voulme should be in the correct place and if people want it louder they can turn their listening devices up, but Hetfield over ruled him, turned it up and the whole album is a bent distorted mess because JH is ‘kin child.

IdleJon

Went to my daughters dance recital performance thing at the weekend, and had to leave half way through because the volume of the audio was uncomfortable.

+1
    Want to chat to an old friend at a wedding? No chance because the self proclaimed DJ is playing Agadoo at 120dB. Obviously the only reason people go to family functions is to put up with this crap, not to actually see each other. That’s the only reason I can see for nobody ever asking the ‘DJ’ to turn it down.

We had a Xmas party just before Covid where several of us had to leave because of the discomfort from the music. (Normally, loud gigs don’t bother me, but this was something else.)

johndoh
    Free Member

+2 I saw Ed Sheeran at the Stadium of Light and the sound was unbearable – anything other than slow ballads with just the acoustic guitar was reverberating around the stadium and horribly distorting the sound. The bass could have restarted a dead person’s heart at times. Fair enough if had been Slayer in a small underground venue but come on – really not necessary.

desperatebicycle

I wouldn’t have thought of this one, if it hadn’t happened to me today – technology failing!
    See, I had a hospital appointment and had never been to this place before, in the next city. All I had from them was basically a map of where the centre was in relation to their car park, so set Google Maps on my phone for the nearest road and set off. I soon realised the maps wasn’t tracking me. So pulled over and re-centred and pulled away again. Now it’s not tracking me again. Maps is showing me the place I pulled in to re-centre it! I’m, yes, I’m disproportionately cross. Oh most definitely. There’s more, but it did lead to another kind of stuff that makes me cross in that way too – full car parks. Driving round a car park, seemingly endlessly, trying to find a place to stuff my shitty car, now that really really does my head in. Especially if I feel I’m late for an appointment (I wasn’t).
    Anything that involves being in a car kind of reduces the threshold of my breaking point, to be honest.

kayak23

I saw Ed Sheeran at the Stadium of Light and the sound was unbearable

What was it like volume-wise though?

TheWrongTrousers

That stupid Tesco Pay+ app that, at the merest hint of being anywhere near a checkout, immediately logs you out requiring you to log back in again whilst standing at the head of a queue of six people and having to remember, and get wrong at least three times, that stupid password that you set three years ago and now have absolutely zero chance of remembering.
    And breathe…..

CheesybeanZ

Cheap crap hosepipes
    Cheap crap hosepipe reels

13thfloormonk

Dealing with property developers.

You know they’re a bunch of unscrupulous, grasping arseholes. They know it too. There is nothing you can reasonably do about it. If you complain too much they just stop even pretending they’re going to fix your snags or any of the number of little things they seem to have sneaked through loopholes in the planning process just extract a few more £££

Muir Homes are top of the list right now 😡😡

MoreCashThanDash

Hearing my 60 year old male boss break down in tears in a Zoom call today describing his sense of anger, frustration and guilt as he announced that the support we were promised by a director last week has been pulled already.

I felt so sorry and angry for him.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

The sandwich ‘browsers’ at the local supermarket. They stand right in front of all the sandwiches whilst they gawp and agonise over which to buy, often with a friend.

Also, in busy times at the small local Sainsbury’s, the people buying one or two items who block the place up with their trollies, often parking them in front of the items you want. Use a basket!

Cougar

they had an interview with a guy who did the technical work on a Metallica album.

That would be Death Magnetic. It’s notorious for this, it’s an unlistenable mess.

stumpy01

Cougar

That would be Death Magnetic. It’s notorious for this, it’s an unlistenable mess.

Yep, I literally cannot listen to that album.
    I think there’s some re-mastered versions out there that sound better. I should have a listen on Spotify & see if that’s been improved at all over the CD I have.

I seem to remember seeing an interview with Lars Ulrich where he basically said “it sounds great, that’s how we wanted it to sound & all the fans & haters are wrong….blah blah”

Bints at checkouts

Waits for checkout person to give them the total before even attempting to search for purse in bottomless bag

Searches through endless cards for the right one

Remembers that they have a points card that needs to be scanned first

Forgets pin

Searches for another card

Eventually remembers pin whilst carefully shielding their number from no-one

Puts card away – slowly

Has to pay cash for friend Maureens 20 Benson

Needs receipts for both transactions that have to be carefully folded and put in purse

Needs to top up phone credit

Needs to top up gas

Carefully puts purse back in depths of bag

Decides there’s time for a chat with the cashier about the weather

Cash machines are almost as bad – I have no idea how something that takes me 30s can take someone else 5 minutes

Cougar

I think there’s some re-mastered versions out there that sound better.

The tracks on Guitar Hero have been fixed.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Bints at checkouts

Waits for checkout person to give them the total before even attempting to search for purse in bottomless bag

Searches through endless cards for the right one

Remembers that they have a points card that needs to be scanned first

Forgets pin

Searches for another card

Eventually remembers pin whilst carefully shielding their number from no-one

Puts card away – slowly

Has to pay cash for friend Maureens 20 Benson

Needs receipts for both transactions that have to be carefully folded and put in purse

Needs to top up phone credit

Needs to top up gas

Carefully puts purse back in depths of bag

Decides there’s time for a chat with the cashier about the weather

Cash machines are almost as bad – I have no idea how something that takes me 30s can take someone else 5 minutes

Do you know what, in times past I would’ve agreed with you. Faffing was generally a female vibe. But these days it’s usually men that are holding me up somewhere. Either standing behind someone at the bar who’s peering into his horrible little change purse whilst ordering food for a family of ten, or groups of men standing at the trade counter yakking about nothing whilst I’m waiting behind to get served. Word’s gorn mad.

ossify

Drivers who edge forwards at a red light. Drives (ha) me nuts with the pointlessness of it. Do they really think that continually creeping forwards a few inches at a time will get them there any faster, or do anything other than waste fuel?

Taxi drivers are usually the worst offenders. Creep until they’re 3/4 over the line, then when it turns green they pull away slowly anyway, making the whole thing even more pointless.

keithb

Payment systems that require you to authorize payment in your banking app, but in sending you to said app, kick you out of the transaction, losing your basket and mean it’s impossible to pay for the thing you are trying to buy. I’M LOOKING AT YOU NATWEST!!

Payment systems that require you to authorize payment in your banking app, but in sending you to said app, kick you out of the transaction, losing your basket and mean it’s impossible to pay for the thing you are trying to buy. I’M LOOKING AT YOU NATWEST!!

As annoying as it is having to authorise in app, I’ve never had this. You can keep your shopping tab open you know?

keithb

Nope, it’s in-page authorisation. Or if you go away from the page to the app, it kicks you out.

Also, new debit cards with all the details on one side so you now only need an image of one side of the card to have all the info you need to spend someone else’s money! The whole point oF the CVC was to have it ON THE BACK!!!!?!!

I’ve done it hundreds of times, I’m blaming the user 🤣

Also, just had a new card from NatWest, as they are changing from visa to MasterCard and info is all in the normal place

Not denying yours isn’t at all, but yeah, seems a bit odd

sirromj

The damage to the environment by motor vehicles*. It’s quite annoying, but judging by the inaction of the vast majority of us, I’m disproportionately cross about it.

*disclaimer: I’m just irritated by the amount of traffic on the roads when commuting by bicycle.

Poopscoop

singletrackmind
    When you open a new bottle of milk and the tab snaps off leaving the heat glue seal firmly attached. Grrrrr
    Or it tears just a corner off necessitating unpicking of the remainder. First World Problems.

Oh absolute mother *****r.

I get that mostly on Heinz ketchup bottles. The paper/plastic bit comes off and leaves a clear film below it, perfectly intact and completely removable without tooling up.

At least once it’s followed by a watery red expulsion of poorly mixed ketchup all over the kitchen and myself as I take a knife to the b****** and forget not to squeeze it whilst doing so.

The designer can rot in hell.

Rot in hell!

tuboflard

Flags in front of the main stage at Glastonbury. In fact flags at any festival obscuring the view of the stage. Arseholes.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

When people say ‘purchased’ instead of ‘bought’.

Same sort as those **** who repeatedly press lift or crossing buttons.

Drivers who edge forwards at a red light. Drives (ha) me nuts with the pointlessness of it. Do they really think that continually creeping forwards a few inches at a time will get them there any faster, or do anything other than waste fuel?

Cougar

Same sort as those **** who repeatedly press lift or crossing buttons.

I’ll see that and raise you, the ones who have clearly seen you press it, then reach past you and press it again just in case you didn’t do it right.

I’ll see that and raise you, the ones who have clearly seen you press it, then reach past you and press it again just in case you didn’t do it right.

Mister-P
    Free Member

People who park next to a fuel pump at the local Tesco Express but don’t buy fuel. Instead they go in to buy cigarettes / Monster Energy / a week’s worth of shopping.

Or the utter arses that use ‘pay at pump’ but go into the kiosk when other, normal pumps are free. Ballsacks.

People who park next to a fuel pump at the local Tesco Express but don’t buy fuel.

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

Ebay sellers asking for a five star review for putting something in the post.

Mister-P
    Free Member

When people say ‘purchased’ instead of ‘bought’.

Brought when they mean bought irks me.

reeksy

Mtb Websites that say they have a sale on, but also have a really bad search function, so I am lured in by the promise of x% off the exact tyre I want, which then turns out (after 15 clicks) to only be available in the wrong size. Twunts!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,889 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.