Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,752 total)
  • Stuff that makes you disproportionately cross
  • Sandwich

I was obliged to try it for want of the genuine item. Never again!

Oh the humanity! 🙂

jimmy

Lawn sprinklers.

It falls out the sky, we collect it, pipe it, filter it, clean it, make it fit for human consumption at great energy cost, pipe it some more and then it gets sprayed on grass, pavements, fences and nowhere else useful.

😬

Edukator
    Free Member

For those suffering from hanging around while a late partner gets ready I have a solution that might work. One day I got fed up with hanging around, picked up my guitar and started playing a song she’s not fond of, within minutes she was outside wating to go. So far it’s worked every time… .

On topic, victim blaming. For even more disproportionately cross, bullying victim blamers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CountZero

My fat right thumb was not designed for this shit.

So why use your thumb? In all the years I’ve been using a phone to message or text or whatever, I’ve never, ever used my thumbs! I know an opposable thumb is what’s supposed to set us apart from lesser members of the animal kingdom, but corvids manage very well as tool users with twigs or bits of wood modified for a purpose, and I use my index finger to write on a screen keyboard, it’s pointier and more precise. Slower, but I don’t care; precision is everything.

Edukator
    Free Member

It must be an ageing guitarist thing, Countzero, I’m another who can’t type on the phone with thumbs.

tomd
    Free Member

I’ve just been struck by this one, it’s disproportionate and petty to max but does annoy me.

Friends, family or randoms on facebook posting pictures of beautiful sunsets. Taken through a window, blurry and with part of a row of council houses in it. “Stunning tonight in swindon” etc

I’m not sure why I hate it so much. Partly it’s just the lack of any skill in taking picture, but also the lack of awareness to have taken it and though “Yes. That blurry image showing number 52’s roof and part of a lamppost captures the majesty of the moment.” There’s also the bit that rather than standing there admiring the stunning sunset they were hamfistedly trying to photograph it. Awful.

theotherjonv

people taking photos and videos at gigs.

I don’t mind an odd snap, we live in the ‘I was there, look!’ generation now, where in the past it was displayed by a clip frame with all your ticket stubs in. But why do people insist on filming great parts of it, and missing the crowd and the occasion because everything is being seen on a 5″ screen instead.

Do they ever come home, watch it again and think ‘wow that looks brilliant’ and wish they’d got more involved in it?

MoreCashThanDash

Friends, family or randoms on facebook posting pictures of beautiful sunsets. Taken through a window, blurry and with part of a row of council houses in it. “Stunning tonight in swindon” etc

Great example of Facebook spreading false information. “Stunning tonight in swindon” clearly can’t be right!

matt_outandabout

jeffl

Expect it’s been done already, but family who are unable to clear up after themselves.

Came down this morning to find the following in the kitchen:

– Two pieces of card from a pair of socks behind the sink that need recycling.
    – Two yoghurt pots behind the sink that need recycling
    – Pan and colinder in the sink festering
    – Assorted crockery and cutlery on the worktop above the dishwasher.

The dishwasher is empty and ready to be filled.

The recycling behind the sink is next to the back door,open the back door and the big recycling bin is out there. Takes seconds to pop the recycling out as you go along.

The pan and colinder would have taken literally 10 seconds to clean after they’d been used.

Bearing in mind the kitchen was clean and tidy before I went to bed last night.

Another favourite is the fork used for tinned dog food, being left in the sink. Would take 2 seconds to since it off.

And my family wonder why there are loads of flies around. Think I’m gonna move out and live on my own.

TBF I expect there’s plenty of stuff I do that annoys them.

nickc

Think I’m gonna move out and live on my own.

…and you’d still be doing all the chores… 🙂

Cougar

people taking photos and videos at gigs.

… as was popular at one time, on a full-sized iPad.

Cougar

And my family wonder why there are loads of flies around.

Oh yeah.

You want to close the bathroom door, habitually turn off the extractor fan because it’s “noisy” and have a bathroom that doesn’t stink of damp? Pick any two.

Scapegoat

. Still baffles me people are allowed to drive in their cloud-filled cars.

I think it should be actively encouraged if not compulsory. It’s perfect training for driving in the fog.

johnners
    Free Member

Another favourite is the fork used for tinned dog food, being left in the sink. Would take 2 seconds to since it off.

I’m impressed that your dog’s using a fork, you should cut them a bit of slack about not doing the washing up as well.

Cougar

Saccharine-sickly baby-talk from adults, especially regarding pets.

You haven’t given a fur baby its forever home, you’ve got a dog from the rescue centre. I love animals and our cats are basically my children, I’ve shed more tears over pets than people so I understand all too well the heartbreak when you lose them. But they haven’t passed over the rainbow bridge or got their angel’s wings, how old are you for goodness’ sake?

bootsy

A little late to the party but…

A statement that is actually a request to do something e.g. such and such needs doing without a hint of who is actually going to do it and the importance/timescales involved only to find out later it was, of course, me.

Its all your fault. Classic inbetweeners moment – ‘I didn’t book the holiday but its still my **** fault’ or something along those lines.

piemonster

Salad cream on chips, filthy animals.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

Getting sick of dogs recently. The local section of TPT is saturated with people walking dogs, many are on long trailing leads crisscrossing the path.

I can’t walk to the shop without tripping over half a dozen dog leads. Their owners just wander around like NPCs.

Another thing that grinds my gears is the way dogwalkers feel absolutely entitled to the inside of a footpath. This is quite a big deal when it’s quite narrow and the road is busy.

I’d happily have dogs banned.

bootsy

And…

Lights left on in a room no one is in
    Heating on when its not that cold
    Car engines running at standstill
    Aircon on but windows open FFS (with car engine running)

Cougar

I’d happily have dogs banned.

It’s not the dogs which are the problem here…

Cougar

Getting told off for switching them off.

“I was coming back!” Well then, you can’t switch them back on again can’t you.

greyspoke
    Free Member

People who travel on planes hand baggage only but have bags that are too big.

docgeoffyjones

When I select Cash without balance at the cash machine, then it asks me if i want to to see my balance. I deciline. Then I select the amount I want…….and then it asks me if i want to see my balance!  😠

funkmasterp

People that carry their dogs
    People who dress their dogs
    Leaf blowers

Sandwich

@funkmasterp Leaf blowers in autumn are particularly pointless. Leaf vacs though aren’t

squirrelking
    Free Member

randoms on facebook posting pictures of beautiful sunsets.

You just described Largs People. Every sodding night.

Another thing that grinds my gears is the way dogwalkers feel absolutely entitled to the inside of a footpath. This is quite a big deal when it’s quite narrow and the road is busy.

So do you think having a potentially jittery animal on the side facing traffic is a good idea then? I’ll make an exception if there is a child involved but if you’re a grown able bodied adult then sorry, time to wear your big boy/girl pants.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Ooh I know… tightwad misers masquerading as tough guys and/or environmentalists 🙂

Used to do my head in living in shared houses as a youngster. People turning all the shared heating off because they’d prioritised spending their money on something else – the pub/saving for a deposit, whatever it was it trumped your right to a comfortable temperature. I also used to share a recording space with a load of other guys. I’d be in there in the depths of winter, comfortably working away and they’d all come in and start opening the windows as wide as they would go, turning off radiators, stripping off clothes and dramatically huffing and puffing about it being ‘boiling in ‘ere’ etc etc. It was like an early form of virtue-signalling.

nickc

Gravel bikes. (with or without bike-packing)

Just shows that even in this cynical age, a good marketing campaign will sucker even folks who like to think of themselves as canny investors. Biggest growth area is selling bikes that are fundamentally unsuitable for what they’re being used for to millennials via Insta-stories, and aspirational advertising.

(runs away from thread)

mattsccm
    Free Member

The people who slow down to a virtual standstill to pass the sheep happily dozing at the side of the road. The sheep are more than happy with normal speeds and they don’t worry about a close pass.

Also those who vist an area because its beautiful, natural or what ever and then want bogs and mobile phone coverage.

Racheal Atherton

Mackem

When you ask for the bill in a restaurant/cafe and they dump the receipt on your table and walk off, so you then need to get their attention again to ask them to get the card machine.

MoreCashThanDash

When you ask for the bill in a restaurant/cafe and they dump the receipt on your table and walk off, so you then need to get their attention again to ask them to get the card machine.

I know, why? Do they expect you to say “oh, it’s only £50, shall we get another dessert and coffees?”

Cougar

It’s probably to allow diners time to argue about splitting the bill equally when someone had three bottles of Chateau Du Pap and the lobster thermidor whilst someone else had a green salad and is currently adding up their order to the nearest penny.

(More seriously, I’d guess it’s just etiquette, like which side your bread roll goes on or whether you’ve just offended the Earl’s eldest daughter by using the cheese knife for the fish. Discussing money at the table is so vulgar, don’t you know.)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Gravel bikes

WTF actually is a gravel bike?

When did the average cross country MTB stop being able to cope with gravel?

johndoh
    Free Member

Surely this is to give you time to check the bill, work out who is paying what, consider a tip etc without them being stood over you. It’s always been like that and it generally works.

slowoldman

Cyclists whinging about what kind of bike other cyclists enjoy riding.

jam-bo

i just leave a wad of notes on the plate and wander off. doesn’t everyone?

Paul-B

Referring to people as ‘of this parish’ don’t know why, just irks me

thegeneralist
    Free Member

For even more disproportionately cross, bullying victim blamers.

Took me ages to work out what you have against people who bully victim blamers:-)

kayak23

Depression

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 1,752 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.